Register now to get rid of these ads!

The Rodders Journal #47

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HJmaniac, Mar 13, 2010.

1. Steves32

Steves32
    from So Cal

Maybe they are trying to capture the tradition of the 1st issue binding. ;)

2. As X38 mentioned the local Oz distributor gets his supply of Rodders Journal direct from the printers in China, which is why I got my copy last week......I think most of the pics are different to those used in the original articles and its still enjoyable to read , with some new comments/info included, but more "new" copy would have been nice......am still reading thru it........I ration it to myself to prolong the pleasure(can I say that?.........lol)........andyd

3. Muttley

Muttley

I checked again yesterday and still nothing on the stands at either Borders or Barnes & Noble here in Fresno.

4. That's the sole thing that pisses me off about Rodder's Journal....I receive mine literally weeks after it appears on the newsstands, and usually 3-4 weeks after I see the typical H.A.M.B. "What did you think of the new TRJ?" thread. So much for the power of the subscriber. I don't mind a few days difference, but weeks?

5. HotRodMicky

HotRodMicky

I have all issues from 1 to 46 and i think they are not anymore what they used to be.
    Think about the drawing on butcher paper in one of the early mags.
    That was cool, for example.

Today it`s more mainstream publishing.....kinda boring.

Nobody really needs a "best of" issue like #47 seems to be.
    Whats next ? bikini issue?

Reminds me of American Rodder mags....but they where only $3 .....

But it`s the only mag i get since Hop Up stopped , so i stick with it.

6. BrianBSU23

BrianBSU23
    from Indiana

Still waiting on my issue 47 through the mail. Has everyone else received theirs yet?

7. Nope. Still waiting on mine as well. It is raining so I am sure it will arrive today.

8. nowaxn5

nowaxn5

Still waiting here. I love TRJ but agree with most others, it's losing something.

9. Master of None

Master of None

Still anxiously waiting for my copy.

10. My girlfriend got it yesterday in the mail. Issue #47 is pretty f'n cool!

11. WOW! Issue#47 -- How many bare metal covers are we really going to have?

12. metalman

metalman

A guy at TRJ told me the newsstands get theirs before the subscribers but are not suppose to put them out till a certain date- after the subscribers get theirs. The problem he says is they put them out early because they sell well and usally out of the previous issue. I quit subscribing for that reason, I hated seeing it on the stand before I got my copy.
    FWIW I was disappointed in #47 but then I don't like watching reruns on TV either. I enjoy the articals the most, to have an issue full of pictures I already have on my shelf seems pointless and a waste of money.

13. MEDDLER1

MEDDLER1

I got mine today just now in fact!Well now Im gonna go see what all the hub bub is about..............

14. banditomerc

banditomerc

This is why i let my subscription go.Also,content was lacking as opposed to the earlier books.Just my 2 cents.:rolleyes:

15. 296 V8

296 V8
    BANNED
    from Nor~Cal

Mine came today (100 miles from there office)
    Looked threw it briefly and all I can say is, it would be a great issue for someone that doesn’t have them all.
    Im going to buy some extras to give to people I know that don’t understand what im into.

16. primed34

primed34

I'm still waiting, but after reading this thread, I don't think I'm missing much. I have all the other issues also.

17. Limey Steve

Limey Steve
    Alliance Vendor
    from Whittier

I was totally disappointed in this issue , If they are going to self promote use some of the issue not the whole damn thing , sorry but I feel cheated , make this a "special " for the people who don't have em all not just rehash the lot for "old times sake". I have 20 issues for sale if anyone wants one .( 20 of # 47 ) & multiples of most others, no old ones for sale .

Last edited: Mar 30, 2010
  18. flatheadjunk

flatheadjunk
    Member Emeritus
    from Orange CA

For what it's worth-----------everybody is reaching right now. May we all pull out of this crap and go back to enjoying a positive business environment. You do what you MUST do.

19. deucetruck

deucetruck
    from Missouri

HA! Glad to know that I'm not the only one.............

20. In socal and still waiting !!!!!! I called and they said there was a mistake ,someone ordered the wrong paper for this issue. Sounds a lil unlikely if you ask me but who knows.Riks cover looks real good but the bare metal one ???? I have seen enough of them covers to last me a while.

21. 296 V8

296 V8
    BANNED
    from Nor~Cal

Tell me you have a #4 you would part with buddy ;)

22. Tank

Tank

Still waiting on mine. Havent received it yet. I figured a subscription would get it here quicker. Not so.

23. recieved #47 on Saturday !

24. 5window

5window

Still waiting for mine. I called and they said "printing problems". Waiting....

25. Rikster

Rikster

I did not do no cover for this issue Jeff.... The Kolorized Matranga Merc inside is my work. The cover image is a photo Steve Coonan took.

26. philly the greek

philly the greek
    from so . cal.

I recieved mine today , and it took all of 5 min. to see everything that I've seen before . It looks like I have to wait another 3months at least to read something that I've not read before . Oh well , I'll just add it to the rest of 'en on the bookshelf .

27. rodncustom

rodncustom

Lucky! Still waiting on mine...

28. customcory

customcory

29. x2!!!:(

30. striper

striper

Haven't received mine yet, so can't comment but it's the history and in depth articles I like moreso than the pics. If this one is just rehashed pics I'll be disappointed.

Not as disappointed as I'll be if the binding fucks up again. I'm still waiting for a response to my email to customer service and the PM I sent TRJ on the HAMB about the binding of #45. It was fairly widely noted that #45 was a POS that fell apart in your hands. Mine did during my first reading.

TRJ is still my fave but they had best pick up their game.

Pete