Register now to get rid of these ads!

Cragar SS and whitewalls???

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by XOFMOT, Mar 27, 2010.

1. novadude

novadude

Narrow whites look OK depending on the car (The Mercury wagon above w/ the new cragars is a good example). Wide whites = no.

2. 55FORDWGN

55FORDWGN

3. wagonofov

wagonofov
    from Kalifornia

Do it!!!! Fuck em

4. It's crazy that whites on Cragars looks okay on some cars. As for me....I would never do it and I continue to poke fun at people who do.Joe Public with his factory aluminum wheels and white walls out makes me want to vomit. It's either that or all of the beer I drank last night.

5. sixfootdan

sixfootdan

If thats what you like then go for it and enjoy your car. You got plenty of opinions and pics, Good luck:)

6. As a kid, I can remember my Dad saying, "why do they put whitewalls on these Hotwheels?... around here, nobody ran whitewalls... we would do anything but run whitewalls... guys would cover their whitewalls with black shoe polish before they would be caught driving with them... Only grampas had whitewalls... If you had whitewalls, it just meant you were borrowing your parents car."

So, I colored all the whitewalls black with permanent marker on my Hotwheels.

7. dmw56

dmw56

Do what you want. They don't look that bad IMO. Too many sheep on here!

8. langy

langy
    Member Emeritus

Depends on the car i reckon, This truck looks great with

[​IMG]

9. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I was going to say that the local lowrider boys run that setup on their mid 60's Chebbies all the time before Johnaboo posted the photos of his wagon. That car would look right at home here in this town. I don't think it's right for a Model A though.
    Cragers on a model A means skinnys on the front with skinny tires and big bad assed tires on the back on some deep ones.

Now that green pickup that Langy posted looks right on the money with the Crager SS and wide whites. It's all in what you put them on and the total combination.

10. Left Turn

Left Turn
    Member Emeritus
    from Omaha, NE

Those are Astros......

Seems to be alot of cornfusion between Astros and Cragars..

Jim Sibley's car has cragars and wide whites, and it looks flippin' sweet!!
    http://jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=305513

11. Dads-53

Dads-53

Must I repeat what Jerry Weasner wrote years ago " You can't explain bad taste to someone who has it."

12. ROADSTERJEFF

ROADSTERJEFF

Run what you like. I think they LOOK right on some cars and trucks.

13. IL GIMMI

IL GIMMI

Oz's Apache is def tuff as nails but even the Supremes on it would look a million times better with piners than WW's. I'm just not a fan of mixing styles. Plus I feel like the Supreme gets lost in the WW and with a piner it just sets the rim off better. Man I love that Apache though, even when it was purple it was the shit.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2010
  14. Model A John

Model A John
    from wichita ks

Jonahboo, you're wagon looks great! Love that look. It's always best to go your own way.

15. I say do it! Otherwise the world will be filled with nothing but red steel rims and wide whites with trim rings ....Boring!! After all no one would be talking about your choice if it conformed to the approved standard!

16. reverendwade

reverendwade

I don't like the look either, but I remember when hotroddin was doin watcha liked and not givin a shit what others thought.

17. polywagonmaster

polywagonmaster

I love this combo have seen it done before , and its done right on your wagon , I plan on this wheel set up on my 60 plymouth suburban , I would like to dechrome the outer lip of the rim and paint it red , like the look of the red drums too.

18. fletcher62

fletcher62
    from Kewanee

did it on my truck and i like it. I'm sick of following the cookie cutter rules.

19. Gator

Gator

<HR style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #e5e5e5; COLOR: #e5e5e5" SIZE=1> <!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->
    Hahaha

Just bought a set of those for my '55 Chevy pickup, gonna run blackwalls tho.

20. NINE INCH

NINE INCH

|bingo!

21. Deuces

Deuces

I think they look cool with the redlines also!! :D Just keep lookin' at the pic and it'll grow on ya! :)

Attached Files:

22. 51chevcoupe

51chevcoupe

screw 'em- run what you like. I think it looks great.... on the right car. Avoid following the rest of the lemmings, ya know where they end up, right?
    ED

23. WWW + Cragar SS look okay on certain cars.

24. Harris

Harris

Gotta say I like the look on 50's cars and trucks, guess it's all the chrome.

25. slammed

slammed

When a guy 'ask's' "should I?, wadda ya think" and "is THIS wrong?" the same BS come's around : do what you want, it's your car".......no shit Sherlock. Ask yourself this: If you do not see your proposed combo, there is a REASON why.

26. slammed

slammed

PS Astro's are NOT Cragar's. It's in the detail's. Damned Zanax, Rit'lin, Prozac, and all these other chemical cocktail's that make people miss the finer detail's......

27. We build custom cars and hot rods to express our individuality, then go out of our way to conform to everybody elses idea of how to build our cars. How did we arrive here? Do what You want with Your car.

28. More power to you !

29. roddin-shack

roddin-shack

NORTH COAST: Says NO. Run the WWW on steelies you want more shine just add small caps and trim rings. You will just love it. :cool:

30. IL GIMMI

IL GIMMI

Alberta bud how did we arrive here. Your the ones on a fucking Traditional car site. There's a reason we follow traditions of how things were done in the early days. Do a little homework on how things were done in the different eras/periods in car building and figure out what your going for before you start mixing shit up.