Register now to get rid of these ads!

Weiand Flatheads Heads

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BanjoBoy, Jan 8, 2010.

1. olskool34

olskool34

I had a set of the cheater heads, stamped 400 under the back water neck with a small weiand logo on my 59A that went over to Japan and they were crazy. I have no idea what compression they were but they must have been high. I know where there is a NOS set of "S" heads but I'm still trying to get them.

2. 296 V8

296 V8
    BANNED
    from Nor~Cal

Got a pair today to go with my intake, im full race now :D

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 25, 2010
  3. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

Finally got my Weiand equipped Flathead running...

<EMBED height=361 type=application/x-shockwave-flash width=600 src=http://static.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid56.photobucket.com/albums/g184/thunderbirdesq/31%20dee-lux/VID00126.flv wmode="transparent" allowNetworking="all" allowFullscreen="true">

4. Flat Ernie

Flat Ernie
    Tech Editor

Only 3 carbs? ;) :D

5. 296 V8

296 V8
    BANNED
    from Nor~Cal

Ok 7/8 Race ? :eek:

6. 59ab

59ab

I found 1 cheater head 2 weeks ago. Has 425 stamped on back. Hope I can find another!

7. 29SX276

29SX276

Gents; Not trying to hijack this interesting thread,but there has been mention of using a copper anode to counter the aluminum head corrosion. Why wouldn't a good grade of antifreeze be as good ?Doesn't antifreeze have anti-corrosion additives in it?

8. flatoz

flatoz

3/4 I'd say,

their a nice intake I have the same 3 deuce just need the early heads, have 3 pair of the late ones...

9. Flat Ernie

Flat Ernie
    Tech Editor

Yes, but many feel that anti-freeze, or coolant, doesn't remove heat from the engine as quickly as water does. Personally, in non-freezing weather, I use straight water, a corrosion inhibiter, and a wetting agent. In freezing weather, I add only enough anti-freeze to get me about 10* below the expected low temps.

10. fullhouse296

fullhouse296
    from Australia

DO NOT , ever run a copper annode.A copper coin in the bilge of a looneymum boat , will eat a hole clean through the hull ! Drop a zinc slug or small bar down the hose outlet on each head ,use a good corrosion inhibiter and use Felpro blue head gaskets in preference to copper asbestos.also , deionized water helps .A trick on head studs .I linish a tad off each and have them Tin plated.They never grow or bind.

11. Lucky Burton

Lucky Burton

I just read the Weiand ad on the last page and it say's " All Weiand heads all drilled fore 14mm plugs". Thats certainly not the case on mine. Mine must have been drilled out and retapped for different plugs. Which means most likely mine were raced..
    Anyhow heres a shot of my motor so far for my shop truck..

Attached Files:

Lil'Alb and Drylake like this.
  12. flatoz

flatoz

Hey Lucky,

Cool motor, your probably right as all the Weaind heads I have seen have been 14mm plugs, but im guessing yours were drilled and threaded for a special plug.

so what plugs fit yours?

your intake looks really nice, got some more photos of that whole setup?