Register now to get rid of these ads!

Louisville NSRA 2010?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Flipper, Feb 21, 2010.

1. So how can someone from Oregon, whom I have never met, tell the world I don't get it, when he doesn't even know me?

2. I'm sure Don didn't mean to offend you but we all offer our opinions here and they are just that .................. opinions. I guess putting 300,000 miles on a Deuce roadster over the years is the basis for that opinion and I really respect Don for that and that he has lived the Hot Rod life to the fullest for over 40 years. I mean no offense with my opinions but I do understand that the driving does part burn up a lot of time and everyone does not have the luxury of that much time. After reading your profile I would guess flying is very easy option for you to take given your job and more than likely your lack of time because of that. If we all get out to the LARS this year we can meet over dinner and discuss it. I know Don and Randy (Deuce Roadster) are planning to do just that and I hope to join them if my house sale and move don't interfere. We all obviously love Hot Rods and that's all that matters. :D

3. If I ever get the oppourtunity to retire I would be the first to step up and take a cross country trip in a hotrod. Don't know that I would do it in a open car. The miss's and I drove a blown T-Bucket from Indy to Tulsa and back in '76. One of several longer trips in an open car back in the day.

I get two weeks of vacation per year, That's only ten weekdays, so we choose to go to more events within 500 miles from home than one cross country trip per year.
    As far as driving cars are concerned, it's no secret about the roadster, if the trip is over 100 miles one way, it's going on a trailer. All the other cars are drivers and we go every weekend. I agree 100% that the journey is almost always more fun than the destination.
    The plane deal for me...my company does business in most major cities in the US, so getting there and back thru the week is normally painless so it is my prefered method of travel this time of the year.

John

Last edited: Mar 19, 2010
  4. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

I've GOT to put my nose in here. John Cooper, AKA MercDueceMan and his lovely wife RunAroundSue do "get it". In fact I'd put money on them getting it more then LOTS on this board. The fact that John is flying out to one show because of whatever reason does not make him someone that doesn't get it. I fly to car shows almost every month. Like John said this allows us to do MORE events, the ones I can drive too with my yearly vacation time and the ones I can fly to and back in just a weekends time. The effort involved in doing this, not to mention the money, dictates to me that he "gets it" and is willing to do whatever is necssary to attend as many car events as possible.

5. moparted

moparted
    from upstate ny

BURLINGTON CHANGED to 30 yr cut off in 2007, car count almosted doubled.
    and its not pintos and vegas.
    the hobby camt survive with most car owners being over 70 and only leaving their car to piss.

6. studenut48

studenut48
    from Hanson, Ky

I use to make a 3 day thing out of it, but now I am going on a Saturday just for vendors, if I even go. I only go to a few events a year. Frog Follies in Evansville is the best and they are not changing the pre49 rule. I'll probably do more Good Guys shows and local shows.

7. 32STUPRES

32STUPRES

I'm going back this year primarily out of CURIOSITY. I'm sure there will be some 80 model "beaters" there in protest and I'm anxious to see what some of us old timers can come up with! I don't agree with the change; think a cut off of 72 or so would have accomplished the same thing. I really don't think we'll see an influx of post 72's and if that's the case, it may be okay. I've been a loyal member since 1974 and I'm gonna give NSRA the benefit of the doubt for 2010; but after that I'll make the verdict. As my good friend says: "It's real simple - IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT, DON'T GO!" Gonna give it a try this year; then make the decision.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2010
  8. 48 Poncho

48 Poncho
    from Tennessee

Just curious, is there any GG shows near Burlington? If not that could be the reason that the NSRA show doubled. Don't know how it is in the Northeast but my guess is it won't double down South.

We have a State Rep from NSRA in our club and if I remember correctly when this change was first "tried" he said they were doing it at the least attended NSRA runs and starting some new ones or something, Burlington being one of those I think. That's the night I told other members it would be all NSRA shows within 5 years.

Can't really remember. Mind hasn't been the same since the chainsaw accident.:eek:

48 Poncho

Last edited: Mar 21, 2010
  9. RunaroundSue

RunaroundSue
    from Indy

Thanks for the kind words Denise. Kinda funny huh?? John's been doing this since he was 17. And if it's a competition based on miles....shit, I thought you had em all beat!!!

Take care, hope to see ya soon.

10. Deuce Daddy Don

Deuce Daddy Don
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

You guys live fairly close to most mid state runs & National events, so its only natural that those of us from the West coast accumulate more DRIVEN miles.
    Yep, Denise has a very impresive miles DRIVEN record, but I'll stand pat on my 300,000 DRIVEN miles also.

I probably saw you at Tulsa in 1976, "RunaroundSue" in your T bucket, (wasn't it raining?). I think you were duck taping temp. side windows in place for your trip home 1500 miles.

See you at LAR Fathers Day Denise!!!!------------Don:D:D

Last edited: Mar 23, 2010
  11. Crestliner

Crestliner

Tulsa to Indy, 100 miles ? My speedo must be way off.

12. Lets see, Tulsa to Indy is only 100 miles.

Using some of Dubya's fuzzy math I can see where it would be easy to rack up 300,000 miles in a hurry. (lol)

13. paintcan54

paintcan54

Now thats funny.

14. Deuce Daddy Don

Deuce Daddy Don
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

My mistake!----Thought I was quoting someone's milege----Oh well at 77, I do make a few misteakkeess!!!---HA!-----Don:D:D

15. I respect that and hope I can enjoy hotrodding like you have, when / if I become your age

16. ems customer service

ems customer service

with depends they dont have to leave the car to piss

17. moparted

moparted
    from upstate ny

yes, in june about 2 hrs away.

18. ratrodder34

ratrodder34
    from Irvine,ky.

I will be in Louisville...........................................At Beatersville in May at the good old Phoenix Hill Tavern

19. 32csr

32csr
    from cincinnati

Still lookin for a mean set of 13's for my ' 78 pinto wagon guys...any help appreciated...I REALLY want to make it to the Nationals!:) Will I get one of those cool useless plastic mugs in exchange for my $700 hotel room??? I wish this S*&T! was all a bad dream....:mad:

Last edited: Mar 25, 2010
  20. greg32

greg32
    from Indiana

Got em, 13 inch wires with skinny whitewalls, slighty used, cheap.Also have a 20 year collectors edition of useless mugs in original plastic wrap.Package price available.Need any rare vintage vinyl roof material?

21. Django

Django
    from Chicago

22. Roothawg

Roothawg

I fully expect the numbers to be way down and not many post 49 cars will show.

I think the pre-49 guys are actually the only ones that may know that the year break has been moved up. Are they advertising the new year break?

23. 32csr

32csr
    from cincinnati

HA HA!!:) I have found though....you CAN use the mugs to mix paint in once or twice if you work fast.....

24. 32csr

32csr
    from cincinnati

Damn!!! rare 13" fentons!! Love this thread...its helping to ease the pain that NSRA has placed on its ONCE loyal followers!:D

25. KENDEUCE

KENDEUCE

Matt: you are one sick puppy. Do they make 13" whitewalls?

26. Flipper

Flipper
    from Kentucky

27. sota

sota

Matt,
    I just found out that you're building a bitchin Vega into a phaeton highboy for the Nats.I have a extra set of split wishbones and 4" drop axle you are looking for this new project of yours.I would stop over to see the Vegaboy but I heard you don't want anyone to see it until you put it in the Pro's pick area.

28. 32csr

32csr
    from cincinnati

Yes Ed you are correct!! I'm stoked about my creation. Just glad that NSRA is allowing THE WHOLE VEGA car onto the grounds now......Seems like just yesterday, they would only allow THE STEERING BOX!!! HA HA HA:D

29. SKRTCHSR

SKRTCHSR
    from Cincinnati

Good one Matt, and to think I wont see you're famous spear move on a bouncer anymore:D thats the part I will miss the bar.

30. 40Standard

40Standard
    from Indy

will the Vega be power parked with rest of the Cincy Rods?