Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Where are the Original first 500 HAMBers?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by CTFuzz, Aug 29, 2009.

1. daddylama

daddylama

hmm... thought i'd been around longer, but alas, no... i'm #583.

amazing what the HAMB has become, but i miss what it was. under 1000 members compared to nearly 100,000 members is a huge difference.

Oh well, times change... regardless- VIVA LA HAMB!

2. Gruizer54

Gruizer54

Wow, I guess i'm #245 but still considered a newbie....HA!

I totally agree with daddylama, we've come a long way. FNG's used to get their asses kicked hard back in the day.

3. Steve

Steve

Gruizer I think you lost some of your post count and thats why it says newbie. Man FNG's did used to get tore a new one. At least half would run off with their tail between their legs

4. NITROFC

NITROFC
    BANNED

#228 ...now deal with it

5. ironfly28

ironfly28
    from Orange, CA

Just like the 50s Bro!

6. ironfly28

ironfly28
    from Orange, CA

I was on here from mid 98-mid 2000 under a different name.

I THINK I came up with the Idea for the Hokey Ass Car Klub.

I know I named "spudz" Aka COLE

I coined the phrase "Beauty is in the eye of the beerholder"

I disappeared after I kinda burned an old school hamber. I didn't mean to... but I let some dumbass pride get in the way and handled the whole thing like a class A douchebag. I was a dickless coward. I grew up a little/served our country/and learned alot. I came back but mostly as a lurker until a few years ago now I'm readdicted to this place Anybody know how to get ahold of Speedfreak? I owe him some money. what's 10 years interest ammount to anyway?

7. Kartsa

Kartsa
    from FINLAND

8. Deathtrap Kustoms

Deathtrap Kustoms

Well our hats are off to these pioneers, but its great to know us FNG'S (to HAMB, not this hobby) are able to draw on the expertise of over 100 thousand Hambers now. More opinions and answers to our questions, and odds are some of them will even be right!

9. Bob K

Bob K
    Member Emeritus
    from Antigo Wi.

You have a PM

B:DB

Not very often that I post, as you can see and I only drop in for a look every now and again, for a number of reasons, but this place is one of "the" places.

Busy with Dry Lake Racers Australia stuff and creating a whole new way of doing hot rod stuff with Let's Go Cruisin and still driving my 34 Chev (since 1987).

Has it really been that long?

11. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

yes please...

12. No_Respect

No_Respect
    from So-Cal

I was one of the "Originals" But lost my log in when I was going through Basic training and school for the military my old log in was TIKKISURF back in the early 2000's

Last edited: Jun 11, 2011
  13. Garry Carter

Garry Carter

I coulda been one of the first 500 -- but was just too "chicken". Newbies routinely got flamed pretty good back in the day -- so I lurked on the board for over a year before joining. I was just too afraid of all the verbal abuse that I'd suffer at the hands of GERM et al and didn't get on until about 619. No guts ... no glory!

But I miss guys like DRD57, Rumbleseat, Nads, Germ, Merc286, SamiYam (or something close to that), Big Ric, Outlaw, and all the others who used to post regularly.

14. They're still around, but man, it's hard to keep up with this place these days.

Especially now some (most) of us are grown up and have young kids. I've only got the patience to go through the first 2-3 pages of posts.

Maybe when I retire I'll have more time. LOL

15. hotrodsnguns

hotrodsnguns
    from Fresno, CA

cool thanks

16. mikes51

mikes51

Seems avatars were not as clever, they were just pics of the car you actually owned. Did we even have avatars?

If you had a car problem, someone always suggested "A gallon of gasoline and a road flare".

17. I didn't have an avatar until Zman made the Vagabond one for us, still have not learned how to size them!

18. wes

wes
    from san diego

jesus christ, i havnt been on here for years. I signed up in 2002 when i was 19. how are all you guys

19. wes

wes
    from san diego

p.s- GERM you still owe me for those 223 high lifter rockers arms from 04 .... glad to see everyones still alive.

20. Right on time wes................................

21. El Caballo

El Caballo
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Nice to be remembered for something...

I don't remember avatars until HAMB 2.0 really. Remember being able to run the cursor over your name for secret messages?

I'm with Brootal, this place is so huge now that I can only scan the first couple of pages before I have to shut down and go back to work. :)

22. #416 kids n kittens

more a Lurker these days, we all know why:p:p

Should put more input in but hey you know the deal

23. Dakota

Dakota
    from Beulah, ND

im member 2017... I guess. Lots has changed in the last 6+ Years...

24. Number 255 and still flying under the radar. That creepy Jerry performed the initiation rites. Man, I sure felt foolish when I found out there were no initiation rites after all. I couldn't ride my bicycle for a week, easy.

25. jerry

jerry

Glad to see you're still alive!

Isn't it time for the annual?

jerry

26. Oh no way, man--I'm not falling for that...again.

"There's an old saying in Tennessee—I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee—that says, fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again."

27. Brahm

Brahm

Ah it's all coming back now, I always wondered why I had to rejoin, I forget there was a forum software switch.. I just assumed Ryan banned me for rambling on about my '69 hahahah. :)

28. Bigcheese327

Bigcheese327

Apparently I'm HAMBster number 381. I had no idea the HAMB was so small when I joined. It seemed very established even then.

-Dave

29. Mart

Mart

Amazing thing is... if you click on those links two posts up.. Many of the threads can still be read, and even some of the photo's can still be seen.
    And reading the posts, you realise that you felt you knew everybody.
    Mart.

30. MIKE-3137

MIKE-3137

I lurked for a while, I think hoping for Germ to go on vacation or something before I signed up...He and some others sent a few off licking their wounds back in those days!