Register now to get rid of these ads!

1959 dodge 318 polyhead is it junk/worthwhile?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by adamshumard, Feb 23, 2010.

1. Von MoPar

Von MoPar
    from Australia

How cool is this.......I call them a Sawtooth Chrysler engine [​IMG]

2. sret43

sret43

Well, Adams 1959 Dodge poly 318 is finding a nice new home in my 1959 Dodge W300. The truck has the stock flat head six and 4 spd. After the 318 gets rebuilt it will be mated to an NP540o (OD) 5 spd transmission I found in Oregon out of a 1958 Dodge D700.

Attached Files:

3. choppd27'Munster

choppd27'Munster

only early polys take hemi heads and also will take hemi intakes. like a 56' poly 331 spitfire motor that came in chryslers takes them no problem. it was basically a hemi except a poly only has one rocker arm instead of two. this shaved weight and reduced producton costs. thats the main reason the built the poly motors was to make a hemi at cheapper costs, weight less and be more effecint. the poly 318 was the next generation of polys you could say and the last :(

4. One of my favourite motors. Here is what i started hot Rodding with. Yesterday I was taking this one apart in the back of my truck. It is going into my new FED. It will probably be my last race car so one should finish with what they started with, eh?
    Very cool truck BTW. Have fun.
    Don

Attached Files:

5. dalesdeadbug

dalesdeadbug
    from cincinnati

i have a factory 2x4 intake and no use for it, id be willing to make a guy a pretty good deal on it

Attached Files:

6. 1952henry

1952henry

Nice old PW. Is the truck in your avatar original with that bed? It is 2wd, right?

7. sret43

sret43

I apologize for not getting back to you sooner. My avatar is a 1958 Dodge D400 1-1/2 ton dually. It happen to have a 129" wheelbase which was just right for a 1 ton 9' bed. I took the wheel center out and mated it to an 11" wide rim. Stockton Wheel did a great job for me on this. The Nitto tires are the same diameter as the front but 14" wide. It is a 2wd.

8. there's a running poly motor (ad says hear it run) on craigslist in my neck of the woods for $100.00

9. Abomination

Abomination

I'll jump in, agree with you, and send the guy here to make a few friends!

:cool:

http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/318poly/

~Jason