Register now to get rid of these ads!

Low-tide muddy find! What is it?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ConceptVehicleDesign, Feb 2, 2010.

1. scotts52

scotts52

Any updates from Tuesday?

2. CrusadersNV

CrusadersNV

deffinitly worth the time and effort. not for the finished piece but just so you can say you've dug up an old car. i bet the beers are extra tasty when diggin that thing up:cool:

3. bigroy

bigroy

lets see some pics of it out of the mud

4. cb1

cb1
    from Wisconsin

Looks like a fish crib to me. Leave it alone...

5. 62dragfalcon

62dragfalcon
    from Tucson AZ.

DIG IT OUT! It's worth the effort. One of the best times i've ever had was digging the front half of a T-touring out of a dry wash bed out in the middle of nowhere with my best friend. It may be "yard art" now but someday (when i've honed my metalworking skills) my 8 month old son will drive that T to high school!!:cool: Well.....thats the plan anyhow.:rolleyes:

Attached Files:

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  6. RodStRace

RodStRace

Well?
    How'ed the excavation go?
    What's the other car?

7. Sorry, guys.

My boys bailed out on the last shop day:mad:, but we are supposed to be going out on Wednesday! :rolleyes:

I will definitely take pictures and keep you all updated.

I will also try to post pics of the other car as soon as I can get out there again!:)

kidcampbell71 and hipster like this.
  8. Kustomkarma

Kustomkarma

Any updates on this?

9. heatnbeat

heatnbeat
    from Madera,Ca.

"FREE WILLEY" can't wait

alanp561 likes this.
  10. Big Mac

Big Mac
    1. Utah HAMBers

There's a thread on here somewhere about "How to give your car a patina look".... Post this over there and show them how it's done.

You're nuts bro! That things toast. I guess you'll have some fun stories to tell. Have fun.

11. Speaking of stories!!!:eek:

Sorry it took so long, but between coordinating the tides, the weather and my buddies...we finally made some progress.

we started here...

[​IMG]

Then we realized that there was no way to get the trailer close enough to the car to winch it up to the dike! So, we are trying to figure out how to get the car to the shop when we remember that the shortest distance between two points is a straight line!:cool:

So we need to figure out how to get what is left of this car across the river!:eek:

[​IMG]

12. After looking at it for a loooong time, Trevor says "At my dad's trucking yard they have a ton of empty waste-oil barrels! We can float it across!!!"

Assuming that I live to see grandkids, I figure it will make a great story, so we get four 55 gallon drums and make a raft to get from the shop to the car. (Sorry, no pictures of the raft!):(

Once we get there we start lashing up the barrels...Then we wait for the tide!!!

[​IMG]

Now the tide is in enough for us to mount up and sail!!!

[​IMG]

13. My shop-neighbor, Bill had set up a lawn chair on his property to watch the show...I knew he couldn't stay out of the fun!!! He asked us if we wouldn't mind a tow across the river.

[​IMG]

We said sure, and so as we are getting to the halfway point he comes out of his boathouse with his newest aquisition...a pedal-powered two-seater fiberglass hippopotamus!!!:eek:

[​IMG]

14. Thinking that the tough part is over, we start to relax our grip...bad move for Skyler!!!:D

It's tipping!:eek:

[​IMG]

POP! Goes the Barrel!:D

[​IMG]

Now what!?!

[​IMG]

15. Kustom Komet

Kustom Komet

This just gets better all the time!

-KK

16. Just Jones

Just Jones

This is priceless - this thread absolutely rocks.

17. Big Mac

Big Mac
    1. Utah HAMBers

LOL!!!!! That's hilarious... Who has a story to tell involving an old car burried in mud, beer, raft made of 55 gallon oil drums, and a floating pedal-powered hippopotamus!? You sir, have that story.

I think there's a Bud Light Real Men of Geniuos ad in here somewhere!

alanp561, cfmvw, Clay Belt and 2 others like this.
  18. All in all, it was one of the most awesome days ever!!!

You ever get that feeeling of accomplishment...even if it's something stupid!?!:D

[​IMG]

Figured I would update you guys, and wait for a high enough tide to get the Willys on shore!

[​IMG]

19. modelacitizen

modelacitizen

This has the potential to be one of the greatest HAMB stories of all time. If you ever got that car on the road, it would seal the deal. This is too awesome.

Clay Belt and hipster like this.
  20. You have to salvage the Willy. Think of all the beer invested!

21. Trophydash

Trophydash
    from Tulsa, OK

Hell yeah!, thats commitment!! Good job!
    There's a '55 Pontiac convertable in a creek bank not far from here, I'm gonna' need a fire hose to blast it out!

22. hmmm i know where there is a 58 chevy and aold fairlane buried
    supposedly i can have them if i dig them up i havent seen them but they are on my best friends familys land so io know they are there the are both buried to where you can just barely see them
    i thought what would be the point theres prolly nothing left of them but now im not so sure maybe i'll start doing some digging im gonna be out at my friends dads place where the fairlane is next friday so im gonna atleast check it out after seeing this

i once found an old sedan body in the river it was absolutely destroyed i was at the most 15 at the time i found it

when i was like 12 i was searching around in an old gravel pit and came upon a site that just about killed me i found the shell of a 55 chevy belair hardtop had the frame laying accross its roof and other kids who found it had used it for rock target practice im gonna have to go over and get some pics of whats left of it

there used to be a copper colored 57 chevy wagon in my old nieghborhood before i was 10 that just disappeared allways wondered what happened to it well one day my friends little brother tells me he found something in the woods so we go look at it and low and behold he says here it is and im like what? i dont see nothing he said look down and im standing on the cut off roof of that 57 and all around is the rest of the car all cut to pieces i have one of the hood bullets off that car

ive found other stuff but ive allready high jacked this thread enough

i want to see the other car thats in the culvert on the old mans property

hipster likes this.
  23. G V Gordon

G V Gordon
    from Enid OK

Huck Finn and Tom Sawyer got nothin on you guys. Great photos.

kidcampbell71 and hipster like this.
  24. You are the man. No matter what happens you have a story that will top pretty much anything. Well done! Like they say, it's as much about the journey as it is about the destination.

hipster likes this.
  25. LOWBLAZERO1

LOWBLAZERO1

I i'd been told this story i would have called b.s. but the proof is in the pictures. so freaking awesome,lol.

26. Thanks Guys!!!

It was so crazy, fun, stupid and exhilarating all at the same time!!!

We were just going to use the body panels for wall-art in the shop...but, I do need a little pickup truck!:rolleyes:

I have a motor, trans and rear axle...now I have part of a body!:cool:

Time to get working!!!

oliver westlund likes this.
  27. harpo1313

harpo1313
    from wareham,ma

you sir ,are one twisted fellow.good job

28. poboyross

poboyross
    from West TN

best.story.ever.

29. Xtrom

Xtrom
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Forman, ND

Thats some dedication right there! Great story!

30. Mudslinger

Mudslinger