Register now to get rid of these ads!

gasser or kustom 55 chevy

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by superstockcatalina, Mar 24, 2010.

1. ive been wanting to build a blown 408 and make my 55 sedan look like a 62 and earlier gasser, now that money is so tight these days im thinking slammed and some fancy paint... if anyone has mild custom 55 56 chevy pictures id love to see them

2. Grandadeo

Grandadeo

Sorry no pics, just my thoughts. Gasser fads come and go but a tasteful custom lasts forever.

Lee

3. phat rat

phat rat

X 2 Be different everyone and his ying yang brother is on the gasser kick. What's worse is many of them don't have a clue as to what's correct for a period gasser

4. Butch M

Butch M

55 chevys look good both way's I got a 56 gasser in the work's and mild custom 55

Attached Files:

5. 76ironhead

76ironhead

Butch M the 55 looks good, superstockcatalina you cant go wrong with that look.

6. uwonamos

uwonamos
    from Omaha, Ne

Just my thoughts, Custom fads come & go but correctly done Gasser will last forever.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Gasser it up!!!!!!

7. wvenfield

wvenfield

Whichever way you go, there must be 10,000 pics of 55 Chevy's on here if you take the time to search.

8. I totally agree. Well said Dan.................

9. lippy

lippy
    from Ks

You know I've thought of customizing my 55. Not wild, but mildly. Gassers are great, but I think that's for cars that are a shade rough, if you know what I mean. I mean there are a lot of body shells around to build gassers. Mine is solid and complete. I believe 55's look good as they are, maybe peel some emblems, trim ect... what can you do to a 55 customwise to make it look better? Paint yes, but body mods? They are already so clean looking what would you change? I've seen a lot of them customized but they end up looking goofy in my opinion. JMO. Maybe I'm predjudice, but they look so nice stock, body wise. Lippy

10. 333 Half Evil

333 Half Evil

Lippy has it right. Gassers are a huge fad right now..and body mods on a 55 usually do not make it better. I'm all for a really clean subtle cruiser.

11. Special Ed

Special Ed

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 24, 2010
  12. zimm

zimm
    from iowa

not so mild

Attached Files:

13. lippy

lippy
    from Ks

There ya go Ed!! A little trim, door handles and paint, and boom!! Your done! Ok, maybe a 2 in chop now,but no more than two in. :D Lippy

14. clean, simple and tastefull seems to have a lasting look, I would do that but build power under the hood sleeper style

15. scrape

scrape

stock hight.... nose, deck.... bias blackwalls on black steeles with babymoons....
    oh, and stock int.... shiny black paint whould be cool too.....

16. firemangordy

firemangordy

I love gassers but, in my opinion, a custom is more user friendly. Here's mine.

Attached Files:

17. Special Ed

Special Ed

[​IMG]

18. Gas Huffer

Gas Huffer

My vote's for a mild custom, with traditional, somewhat wild paint. Sorry, I couldn't find much for shoebox Chevys, but something along these lines...

Attached Files:

19. I'm not a huge custom guy but this one looks pretty good, I do agree with shiny black top to bottom including the rims just broken up by the trim down the sides.

Attached Files:

20. lippy

lippy
    from Ks

There, now how can you improve on that! JMO. Lippy:D:cool:

21. The gasser theme is not a fad! It is a reality, and done to this level is unmatched. I am, Chevy Gasser Madness, and will remain so.:cool:

22. xtralow

xtralow
    from So Cal

23. lippy

lippy
    from Ks

LOL, relax madness, we love em too. We love all 55 chev's. :D Lippy

24. jcmarz

jcmarz
    from Chino, Ca

Look at it this way. Do a mild custom. 10 to 15 years down the road you can always change it and build a gasser or a stocker. Many 5, 6, and 7 Chevys have gone through so many transformations, from stock to drag to custom to lowrider back to stock. It's neverending.

25. uwonamos

uwonamos
    from Omaha, Ne

That's PURDY, I am now a fan of (this) Customs too!!

26. I agree, all 55's done in good taste and with perspective to the style of build get my attention but I do get a little squeemish with the big wheel Foose look:eek:, on the Custom look how about a lime Green M/F with deep maroon/oxblood leather interior....hmmm!:)

27. uwonamos

uwonamos
    from Omaha, Ne

Lippy's right.

28. Yep, the thread does read "or" not "vrs.":D. I'll take one of each style and color!

29. HELLBILLY

HELLBILLY

I agree, you got a rough one..... Gasser! You got a nice one.... Custom!

30. ironfly28

ironfly28
    from Orange, CA

My favorite 55 was a green one my dad raced it was mostly stock looking but a little high in the front with pie crusts and a 301 fuelie motor.

#2 I saw on the street totally stock looking with a dull paint and a baaaad V8 with 4 on the floor.

#3 Hard chopped with 57 packard taillights and a buick grille.....I see your dilema.