Register now to get rid of these ads!

Dumbest thing an "EXPERT" has said about your ride?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by SOHC427, May 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fordguy321

Fordguy321
    from Arizona

yeh everybody seems to know more about your car than yourself! wtf

2. logride

logride
    from CB IA

"When are you gonna paint it?" :mad:

3. MikeLongley

MikeLongley
    from Florida

In reply to Fordguy321
    Everybody who ISN'T driving a cool car knows more about your car than you do and guys in pickup trucks (the shittier the better) are the absolute 'end all' experts.-Mike

4. chrisclarkcustoms

chrisclarkcustoms
    from las vegas

''You know you can change that hood to the cool one''.

Attached Files:

5. May Street Relics

May Street Relics

I have a big block olds in my car I had a guy tell his buddy that it was a nother rat rod with olds valve covers. the one thing i hate is telling people that my car is not a fucking rat rod my kid is four year old and she knows its a model A

6. dmw56

dmw56

I have a 70 AMX I've had since 1975. It's been called a Mustang, a Nova, and of course a Javelin. It has an AMC 360 that's been called a Ford engine and of course a Mopar engine. A lot of younger people have no idea what it is,

7. GasserDave

GasserDave
    from Sin City

A guy told me at a car show he sold camaros in 1967 and they didnt have vent windows. I told him he was fn crazy and the car was a 68 that he was talking about. He denied it until he was ble in the face. After 5 minutes, he came back up and told me I was right. I told him to get his alzheimerz meds checked.....

8. DirtyWoody28

DirtyWoody28

Theres a guy that has a "hot rod shop" near my house, one day I went over there to look at a 64 nova that I was considering building into a gasser. Well the guy says to me " I' built hunnerds of them street rods and rat rods come look at my pectures". So he's showing me all these cars that he "built", some of them being cars that I knew, then we come to a picture of a 56 Ford with the original y-block but dressed with all the offy goodies and he says "yeah, we put a Tri-Power and some valve covers on that small block chevy motor and sold her for twice what I paid for her"

Thank you hoopdicks of america for ruining the reputation of the y-block.

9. I received the very surprising news from one fellow that Henrietta the '38 Ford pickup, which I have owned since 1966, was a Studebaker. It's got "Ford" on the hood sides and tailgate, and it's lettered as a shop truck for Drake Motor Co., the Ford dealer here from 1928-1956.

10. A Rodder

A Rodder

11. btbsandman

btbsandman

I was working on my 1962 Buick Special. I was doing a generator to an alternator conversion. Had some random mippie, walk up to me and say thats a cool 58 chevy. (a mippie is a moldy hippie.) i looked at him and shook my head and said nope. i then proceeded to go back to my work.

mippy then offered me a hitter box which resulted in me grabbing my hammer and asking him to leave.

damn mippies.

12. when any early car is a " roadster "

13. or even worse ..... a dune buggy

14. cartcoupe36

cartcoupe36
    from Acworth GA

did'nt no they made 8 one barrels for a chevrolet. talking about a hilborn fuel injection. an looking at a winters quick change. is that a power takeoff? answer yea we left the bush hog an snow blower at home!

15. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Can't believe you posted that!:D I was cruising today and stopped at a store for a few items. Some guy goes on and on about how he's building a dunebuggy just like the one I have. I was in my T Bucket.

16. tiredford

tiredford
    from Mo.

I was at a cruise night in my '32 three window hiboy (Henry Ford steel) when the Corvette club pulled in and would'nt you know it, they parked next to me. (Crap) The guy next to me was setting in his embroided lawn chair, polishing his gold chain, when he glanced at my car and said " how long have you had that old bomb". I told him I bought it brand new (I was about 40 then) He started telling me how he bought his new also.....I love Vettes but why are most Vette owners jerks????

17. Deuces

Deuces

It's true!! Most of those guys have a bug up their keester!

18. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

"Vette Guy". There's a Friday night thing here and the "Vette Guys" show up and circle. Now, I like Vettes, but "Vette Guy" is a real pain. Anyway, they all hang out, polish, swap chain stoies, then repeat. Until the hot rods show up and steal the show. Then they suddenly have some place else to be.:D

19. nexxussian

nexxussian

LMAO!!!:D:D

Thanks. :)

20. 8FLEET9

8FLEET9
    from MASS.

some old dick at a gas station asked me how i could "ruin such a nice car like that" talking about my lowrider. i said sweet s-10 dude, told him to get bent, & layed frame leaving. sparks at a gas station really sketches people out.

21. Kruzer63

Kruzer63

Well, one of my favorites was way back in high school, abouts 1992. My buddy drove a 59 Meteor (canadian ford) and it was just a cheap old 4 door sedan high school beater. He fixed it up with little cash and had a blast rippin around with a slammed stance and straight pipes. We went to a cruise night and this one guy comes up and is pointin out the fish eye like look in the paint and that it was caused by too much thinner in the paint or wrong thinner or something and this guys bud was the all believing sort... and so they kept nit pickin my buds car apart, so we decided to step in and set the record straight, and argued that was not what caused the paint to be that way. This guy argued with us straight up that he knew this is what had caused it... then he asked us what we thought caused it and you should have seen the look on his face when we said it had been painted with a ROLLER, using latex house paint that he had mixed up at the Hardware store where he worked.... we even pointed out the brush strokes from where we couldnt fit the roller hahahahahahhahaha. Low buck fun haha

22. AJofHollywood

AJofHollywood

People always think my Ford flathead is a V6. Why do people look at my engine with a confused look?

23. Mac_55

Mac_55

I Know exactly what you are talking about . Not to get off topic , but i found a group of them once while me and my son were out for a drive. I parked for a picture because i thought it would be a neat shot , Some guy in his 70's golfing attire piped up " bet you wish it was fast as those" refereing to all the cookie cutter vettes.

I simply hollered back , " No , im faster , and look better doing it"
    And no im not delerious , i know theres a z06 or 2 in that line up that would have handled that Nova , but for all they knew there was a 427 under the hood LOL.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

24. low-n-slo54

low-n-slo54

That Nova is from when cool was measured in cubic inches not price and "looks". Bitchin' car brother.

25. Captain Freedom

Captain Freedom
    from Upstate SC

I'd rather drive that Nova than any of those vettes, even if it was halfway rusted away and had an inline six with busted glass.

26. Mac_55

Mac_55

It was a blast to drive . True ss car also , fentons all the way around , it was just Right. You know out of all those Vette guys . i had one fella walk up and ask if he could look inside. Ill never forget it , he closed the door and said " Id rather have this"

Just goes to show you , Theres a little Hot Rod in every crowd.

27. flyin flattie

flyin flattie
    from Redmond OR

guy from some club car club with funky cars tells me hey look at my hood check out the peak.

me: oh yeah look at that :eek:
    guy: gess what i made the peak with
    me: what
    guy: Weld....
    me: walking away as fast as possible

28. their was a little show about 5 miles from my house i took my dads 50 chevy (the back way since i dont have my licsence). some ponytale cowboy walks up with his wif and starts dumpin on how its in primer still and the trim isnt on the car yet and how it doesnt have a headliner and about the tuck-n-roll package tray. so i walk up to him him and say "so it sounds like your cars pretty nice compared to mine. we walk over to his 50 chevy 4DOOR thats all rusted to hell i say wow your rite my car is a pile compared to yours, i cant bleieve how cherry this is. i was about ready to punch him out!

29. ironfly28

ironfly28
    from Orange, CA

expert: Do you want to sell your mustang?
    Me: sure but this is a Plymouth Barracuda.

Did Ford Make international?

once when riding my vespa one of "hell's accountant's" told me to get a Harley. I kindly told him no thank you. I already have a bike that's slow and unreliable.

my friends and I get "nice Al Capone cars" alot...... Little did we know Al Capone was an influential lakes racer of the late 40s.

A guy was honestly concerned that my steering column was busted on my 63 T-bird.. I was actually ok with that one because I didn't know they swung away until I saw one at a car show either. and he was genuinely worried about it' and offere to get me a tow truck.

and my favorite...no matter what I'm driving somebody always tells me that they had one just like it..only it was a different make,model year and color.
    Some guy saw my old red 59 impala. and said "I used to have a car EXACTLY like that in High school but it was a four door and it was green. I sure did love that 60 ford."

30. Firepig

Firepig

Yep Its that exhaust manifold. I got the same thing when I had my 47 4dr.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.