Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Fresno Autorama Pics - Ian's Chevy

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by JBurt, Mar 21, 2010.

1. JBurt

JBurt

I went to the Fresno Autorama Friday and shot some pics. (988 loaded to my gallery)
    http://www.jburtphotos.smugmug.com/
    No, I'm not going to post them all here. But, I am posting some shots of Ian Berky's Chevy. Other HAMBers have their vehicles in the show also but I'm fairly new to the HAMB and not familiar with all the members and their vehicles. I was impressed with the overall quality of vehicles this year. (except for that Camaro)

I would make an Album and post as attachments but I can't seem to upload my pics.

First for those unfamiliar with the Fresno Autorama. This is an Invitation Only show. It is considered an honor to be invited to the show.

Every Participant and Vendor (including some of the "Big" guys) I spoke with was aware of Ian and his Chevy, and had nothing but good things to say about him and his car. Ian represented himself and, in my opinion, the HAMB with honor.

Ian, you are a class act and deserve to be along side the "Big" boys cuz you are one too. Sorry I didn't get to meet you while I was there.

Sorry, I got a glare on the most important part.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. It is very difficult to get good shots when the Cars are roped off like this. BUT, you managed to do a great job, especially the close-up shots of the scalloped areas. This Car is hard to do justice to in an environment like this. You done GOOD !
    What kind of camera were you using?
    Later,.........

3. JBurt

JBurt

Thanks.
    You can't expect to get decent shots at shows. Open hoods, doors, and trunks, bad lighting, bad reflections, and garbage around.
    I used my Canon X1i with the stock 18x55 lens and a 430ex strobe. An excellent camera for grunt work.

4. hombres ruin

hombres ruin

Excellent shots,Ians ride is an exceptionally well crafted ride.Really beautiful and you seem to have captured that.Thanks.

5. 65 impala

65 impala

good pics thanks for sharing

6. I love the scalloping really subtle............

7. JBurt:
    Dang, Nice shots....

8. OoltewahSpeedShop

OoltewahSpeedShop

Looks great, but I miss the sawblades....:D

9. Ian Berky

Ian Berky

JBURT, Thanx so much for the kind words, that's too nice!! Too bad we didnt get to meet!!! I sure had a great time and met some amazing people!! WOW, What an honor to be amongst these life long accomplished builders, guys that go way back!! Sunday's ceremony was quite emotional, Blackie officially announced that the show won't be on next year as he needs to take care of his health, his heart. Hopefully the show will be back in a couple years. What an amazing man he is!!!:) We spent some time with him talking about the old days, he shared some great stories. God i love this hobby!! Anyways i just got home from Fresno and it was so cool to drive the chevy, i had no problems at all!! Passed a lot of trailers!:D

Thanx again for the kind words!!!:)

Here's a few pics!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My wife and some great guys i met!! Standley bros who had a beautiful 36 cabriolet and Johnny from Kool cat customs who had the Lasalle next to me!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

BUGZ!!:D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. johnnykck

johnnykck

Ian Rocks!! His Chevy is awesome and no matter how good of a picture you take it will not do the car justice. I had a good time showing the '37 LaSalle and a better time hanging out with Ian and his wife and the Standley Bros. All very good people, much Love!! Yes the ceremony sunday was very emotional, a lot of people were holding back tears listening to Blackie speak, I wish Blackie all the luck in the world and will be sending prayers his way. He is not only a legend but a man with a great personality and a lot of heart!

I'll post some pictures in a few minutes.

11. Ian Berky

Ian Berky

Good fucking times!!! 'S crazy!!

[​IMG]

12. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Awesome guys!!! That looked like a real cool show!

13. johnnykck

johnnykck

Here are some pictures of Ian's and my car and some other great cars at the show.

14. johnnykck

johnnykck

and some other nice cars and me with Blackie.

15. johnnykck

johnnykck

Thanks for posting the picture of me and Blackie, Ian! 's crazy!!! Love ya brother!!!

16. sherrys55caddy

sherrys55caddy

We just got back at 4:30 this morning..:)
    I wanna say what a humbling and proud expererience it was not only getting invited to Blackies Autorama, but to be in the company of so many talented guys and gals. It took a few days being out there for it to set in what we were really apart of. Were proof that even the little guys in a shitty 2 car garage like ours can build a showcar from the ground up..Its not always the guy with biggest wallet. With alot of dedication, some imagination and a back yard of scrap metal : ) I believe anyone can do the same. Attending this show only encurrages me to learn more and to do better. Its our generation that is responciable for carring the old timers knowledge and keep it going.... On another note Blackie announced during a pretty emotional speech Sunday he will not be returning for 2011 due to health reasons. He did mention he was not quiting. I pray that he will get well and get that ticker all tuned up for future Autorama's : )

Last edited: Mar 22, 2010
  17. Congrats Ian , looks like you won a award. I was there on saturday and I saw you next to your car, was going to introduce myself but you were talking with some people and I didnt want to interupt. Anyway congratulations.

18. Ian Berky

Ian Berky

You should have Jeff!! next time we have to meet!!! Thanx for the kind words!!!!:)

19. BEAR

BEAR

that's allot of nice rides there

20. sherrys55caddy

sherrys55caddy

Ian- Super beautiful ride, Congrats..Will have to introduce ourselves at the next show

21. pipty6

pipty6
    from Tracy

I just pooped my pants when i seen that bad ass custom 55 chevy cameo.

22. Ian Berky

Ian Berky

Absolutely, I saw you guys sitting no too far from us but I didnt know you guys were the OWNER/BUILDERS of the beautiful green Hot Rod in the nostalgia room. That's until i saw you guys starting the car during the move out!! Next time for sure!!! GREAT job on the car !!! And it sounds AWESOME TOO......Especially in a small hall!!!:D Wasnt that cool to hear all the cars in the hall?? :)

23. ANDEREGG TRIBUTE

ANDEREGG TRIBUTE
    from Bordertown

A few more. We did a whirlwind from Gardnerville at the last minute. Fri night at 11 we decided to make it to the show, and left Gardnerville at 5am Sat and got home at 11pm Sat, 520 miles later. My wife and I had a great time, and got to meet Blackie finally. He got a real kick out of out album of the Anderegg Roadster , and signed one of the pictures that had his car in it from 1956. The cars were amazing!!!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Louie

24. seriouslybaby

seriouslybaby
    from small town

ian has a bad ass car & a beautiful wife!!!

25. JBurt

JBurt

Thanks everyone. Glad you like the shots. I'm just documenting everyone else's hard work.

johnnykck Here are some shots of your LaSalle. The color is perfect.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

26. tom heath

tom heath
    from Enid, Ok.

i WILL TRY TO DOWN LOAD THE PICTURE OF YOU AND BLACKIE BUT i WOULD LIKE TO KNOW THAT THE AWARD IS FOR, OR SHOW A PICTURE IF POSSABLE.
    AS FORE YOUR COMMENT ABOUT 'PRIDE OR BRAGGING ? YOU AND CARIE HAVE EVERY RIGHT TO BE PROUD AND IT AN'T BRAGGING IF YOU GOT PICTURES, AND BOY DO YOU HAVE PICTURES/BEST TO ALL TOM

27. johnnykck

johnnykck

JBURT Thanks for posting the awesome pics of the LaSalle, they're a lot better thane the ones I shot.
    Slopoke that picture of the pink merc is awesome, I took a few shots for my wife because she loves pink but The color didn't look near as good as it does in your shots.

28. JBurt

JBurt

Johnny You're welcome.

slopoke21m I thought this dash was really neat and the seat were unique also.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

sherrys55caddy Here are a couple of yours. I couldn't get close enough because of the lookers to get a clean shot of the interior or other details.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

tom heath I didn't post these before because I wasn't happy with them but here's a couple shots of Ian's interior. Which you are intimately familiar with. :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

29. Standley Bros.

Standley Bros.

Hey Ian, It was great meeting and hanging out with you and Carrie. Your chevy is dope and you have a ton of talent, if poeple don't know who you are, they will. Johnny(kool Kat Kustoms) it was cool hanging out and the LaSalle is gorgeous, the last pics that were posted show off the paint and body work. Oz and Kyle perfect 10 on the 54 , but we wouldn't expect any less, how did the photo shoot go in bakersfield? Great show, great people and great cars, it was an honor to be part it. Jay

30. johnnykck

johnnykck

Jay, good hanging out with you and your brother, you guys are a class act! The car you brought out to the show was truly amazing!! Hope to see you guys soon!