Register now to get rid of these ads!

THE Bass Hemi Model A Coupe

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bass, Dec 28, 2005.

1. Road_Rage_Rube

Road_Rage_Rube

Bass - I will sell my soul to get your tig-welding skills!

2. Bass

Bass
    from Dallas, TX

Kinda weird to see this post come back up...but yes, there is something new with this one.

After three years of hard driving I broke a (stock) valve in the Hemi. This was back at the end of July, and the motor has been out since then. I destroyed one head and one piston, and the block had the one cylinder scarred up just a little, so we went ahead and sleeved it. Eric is just about done with the short block now, but the new heads still need to be done.

Since the motor is out, I rebuilt the transmission too. And it also gave me a chance to finish some stuff on the body that I never got a chance to finish in the rush to get the car on the road.

I've done some major re-working on the body. There are no more rust holes or dents, and I've made several other cosmetic changes as well as some structural ones. The car is much more refined now, or at least I feel like it is.

My laptop has been in the shop for weeks now, and I don't have any way to upload or resize photos at the moment. When I get the car back together, and my laptop back from the computer guys, I'll post an update.

-Brian

3. freebird101

freebird101

4. Bass

Bass
    from Dallas, TX

Ok I did find one photo that I can post...It's further along than this picture shows, but I don't have a more recent one I can post.

Sort of a sneak preview, I guess.

Attached Files:

alfin32 likes this.
  5. langy

langy
    Member Emeritus

Brian i'm sure the pictures will be worth waiting for :)

6. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Nice Bass!!!! I was rewatching the Mad Fab video a couple months ago and wondered when you were going to start getting that thing ready for the black paint you mentioned. I can't wait to see it pan out.

7. I just searched some of your older threads last night and I have to say I was simply amazed. I had a hard time not bringing them all to the top.....;)

8. coopsdaddy

coopsdaddy
    from oklahoma

you need to do a tech on body work,no shit,weld,hammer,grind,file,lead etc,so many guys need this advise and i know i could benifit from it...quinton

9. Bass

Bass
    from Dallas, TX

It might not be black...........

;)

10. Used Up Junk

Used Up Junk
    from Merced, CA

I was wondering, in reading one of the older build posts about your car you mentioned "Making the cowl fit the frame not the other way around" and was wondering if you could provide some insite into how you did this?

11. please.

12. Johnny C.

Johnny C.

Amazing work as alway Bass! Your work never fails to blow me away. Can't wait to see more.

13. Cshabang

Cshabang

Pics bass...pics!

14. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

One of the most talented builders of today.
    Take note,... no painted red wheeled 4 door Krap here.
    100% Brass balls brian Bass.......no bullshit.

alfin32 likes this.
  15. billylo

billylo

Brian your car deserved this. You have been neglecting it to long. I am pumped to see you finish it. Looking good.

16. Pix Brian.....please ??

Rat

17. solid

solid

yeah, for sure...i look at this thread alot, great build and car...i never post on it though, probably should have so the fng's can see how a "hot rod" is built...he thinks outside the box, and it makes me do it to...there is so much stuff to learn from that chassis alone... I just set and study the photos...a while back it made me rethink how high the motor should set in my pickup...gussets,mounts,steering,and suspension, this threads got it all boys...free learnin from the hamb, and brian bass...i love this place...

18. famous59

famous59
    from dallas, tx

any updated pics available ?

19. Rusty

Rusty

I kinda got a feeling in two weeks we are gonna get treated to something down in Austin

20. Dave50

Dave50

I am new here and I am so glad I finally seen this post thanks to whoever brought it back up! Bass You did one helluva job and i thought mine was to far gone to get the body where i want it and you showed me with a lot of work and determination it can be done. Again you did a great job and its truly amazing for a guy like me with no metal or body skills as of yet to see what you accomplished makes me want to get mine done and enjoy it thanks for sharing.

21. Bass

Bass
    from Dallas, TX

Yep..that's the plan.

Got the heads back from Eric late Friday night, assembled the motor on Saturday, and painted it on Sunday. I'm hoping to have it back in the car today (Tuesday.)

Here's a pic of the fresh motor....There will be a full update coming shortly.

[​IMG]

alfin32 likes this.
  22. NortonG

NortonG
    Member Emeritus

23. E.C.

E.C.
    from Tx

That looks like too much work for me. You my friend are Living The Dream:)

24. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

What perfect timing for the second coming of our lord and savior Chrysler Hemi.

It's like a rebirth of your coupe. That engine looks delicious.

25. Anticipation.

26. Rusty

Rusty

purty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

27. claymore

claymore
    BANNED

Beautiful even to a died in the wool Ford fan that is one good looking engine.

28. Anderson

Anderson

The whole car is looking very nice...wait till you guys see it back in one piece.