Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Kustom Kulture Weekender Adelaide Aus.19-21st March 2010

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by zefyr6, Feb 23, 2010.

1. Hi all,
    The Kustom Kulture weekender is held at the Highway Inn in Adelaide March 19-21, the weekend has bands, burlesque, tradestalls, tattooing, lowbrow art and a car show with a boot sale on the sunday morning. We are looking to have a more traditional rod and Kustom contingent for the rod show on the saturday afternoon, bring along your traditional rods and Kustoms for a beer and catch up, if there is a bit of interest maybe a HAMB hook up? Come along anyway for beer and giggles!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 17, 2010
  2. |Tom|

|Tom|

I will be there, hopefully in the roadster!

3. HeyyCharger

HeyyCharger

Sounds good!

Hopefully I'll be able to make it......

HC.

4. Thanks 4 postin the news Zefyr6..

5. Ben Hall

Ben Hall
    from Adelaide

What time and where is this show? Highway Inn hotel?

6. this weekend!!!!

7. Awesome weekender, wish I was there again, I went a couple years ago and had a blast.

Say Hi to Moondog, Matt and the rest of the Monarchs for me!

Cheers,

Tall Paul

8. labsmajor

labsmajor

Some of my pics from today

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. labsmajor

labsmajor

Last edited: Mar 20, 2010
  10. Cool pics! I love the south aus cars...seems eveything they turn out just seems to be neat..no matter what kinda car it is.

11. MMMMMM XL Deluxe Wagon..used to have one meself and miss it daily!! Here's a bit of random 2c trivia for anyone that cares....Seems this guy ran into the same prob as me. Turns out, the petrol cap on these things is mounted on the side of the body with the ribbed piece of stainless running through the middle of it. The cap from stock is body coloured steel with the ribbed piece of stainless through it. One day I was fillin up the tank...got home and noticed the petrol cap missing...DOH!! Had left it on the roof :( Went straight down to the local wrecking yard looking for a plain chrome one like the one in the pic to replace it, and the wrecker gives me a 44 gallon drum FULL of petrol caps to go through!! HAHA Well I went through every single friggin cap and well f$%k me dead if there wasnt the EXACT same white steel cap with a piece of ribbed stainless running through the middle of it, so I bought it for 5 bucks or whatever. Got home and did a bit of research and turns out that of all the falcon models, in all the years and what not, it was only the 1962 XL Falcon Deluxe Station Wagon that had that exact same cap...and i was lucky enough to find one at the local wreckers!! HAHA

Seems the dude in the above pic wasn't as lucky........cool car though, wish mine had the ribbed stainless pieces that go behind the rear wheels though :)

12. I'm aiming for the Sunday boot sale. A half a dozen 'limited edition' snapshot packs, a box of books and a racing seat. May break out the watercolours too. Come'n say Gday- I'll be in the green '72 Fairmont with the 'grandpa' roof rack.

13. Well it was a laid- back, groovy scene on Sunday for the Boot (trunk) sale. I caught up with old pals and new ones too, sold some stuff and enjoyed the day right thru to the beer garden R&B swing gig.
    Good 'Onya Moondog & the Highway Inn, and all the cats who make it happen, it was bigger this year than ever before.
    And hey, out of town types, this is a cool way to enjoy a full weekend with an always very strong music focus, while having freedom to check out Adelaide itself.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 21, 2010
  14. A few more pics. A big Thank you to Steve S. for taking some of the pics in these posts.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 21, 2010
  15. Clicked off these two watercolours at the KKW yesterday.

Attached Files:

16. Wicked Tin

Wicked Tin

awsome coverage, thanks.

17. HeyyCharger

HeyyCharger

Looks like it was a good weekend with nice sunny weather.

Bummer I was interstate!

I'll HAVE to be there net year.

More pics please..........

Chester Meredith wasn't there?

HC.

18. badnews 31

badnews 31

thanks for posting,nice pics looks like a good turn out

19. HeyyCharger- here's a couple more, as requested..

Attached Files:

20. Of course he was. He's everywhere.

21. HeyyCharger

HeyyCharger

Hehe!

I know what you mean!

Actually, he told me he was building an A tub.

Is it the one that was next to Ashley's A roadster?

HC.

22. yeah it's his tub. it was his first rod......................
    why does that sound dirty?

23. HeyyCharger

HeyyCharger

HAHA!

Did he recently do anything to it?

HC.