Register now to get rid of these ads!

Monthly New Jersey Hotrod Meet?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by R.Otto, Mar 14, 2010.

1. R.Otto

R.Otto

Are there really dry lake beds?

2. R.Otto

R.Otto

I am I am saying Edison park 3rd friday of every month 6:30 we can talk about doing a run there, see how it goes if its not a great place well switch locations, lets at least get it together first without bullshitting for months we will start in april.

3. BigEd

BigEd

Good idea. Are you also taking on the responsibility for the required permits and fees?

4. frankieC

frankieC

Hey joe keep me posted i'm in for edison
    frankie c.

5. Pat Pryor

Pat Pryor

not after that rain storm we just got

6. ELD

ELD

Those pesky rules and regulations..

Edison Park Rules and Regulations....
    http://www.co.middlesex.nj.us/parksrecreation/rules.asp

IV. GROUP USE/MEETINGS/EXHIBITIONS
    1. No group shall use a County Park or Recreation Area without first obtaining a group use permit. Group use shall be limited to designated areas. Adult supervision of children's groups is required at all times.
    2. Open grove areas are for small family picnics and do not require a permit. Groups that wish to picnic in a reservable area will be required to obtain a permit. There will be no alcohol permits issued for picnics using the open grove areas.
    3. No persons shall call or hold any meetings or give any concert or public entertainment of any kind within a County Park or Recreation Area without first having obtained written permission in advance from The Director of County Parks and Recreation no later than one (1) month before the proposed date of use.
    4. No person shall use loudspeakers, public address systems or amplifiers within a County Park or Recreation Area without first having obtained written permission in advance from The Director of County Parks and Recreation. Nor shall any portable radio, tape player, compact disc player or musical instrument be played in such a manner as to create a nuisance.
    5. Public assemblies, meetings, demonstrations, religious activities, the sale and distribution of printed matter, and other public expressions of views conducted under the First Amendment of the Constitution of the United States and the State of New Jersey upon the lands of the Middlesex County Park System are permitted provided that a permit has been issued by The Director of Parks and Recreation or his duly designated representative.
    To ensure public safety and the protection of park resources and values and to avoid assigning the same location and time to two or more activities, the Park System may manage these activities by regulating the time, location, number of participants, use of facilities, and number and types of equipment to be used, but not the content or message.

Permits, Passes and Reservations Info:
    http://www.co.middlesex.nj.us/parksrecreation/permits.asp

7. BigEd

BigEd

If Edison doesn't work out, take a look at Wall Stadium. They are hosting a car show from 6-9 PM on the second Friday of the month from April through October. If we get a reasonable number of attendees they might allow us to block off a HAMB area.

8. BIG JOHN 37

BIG JOHN 37
    from central NJ

so that's it for a "trial" friday night, april 23,10, - 6:30 P.m.- at Edison park, behind Middlesex County College, not Roosevelt Park, correct? a permit would be OK, but might be unnecessary this time only, lets see how many show, and go from there?

9. R.Otto

R.Otto

Corrected. Im not worried about permits for the first time out

10. 40streetrod

40streetrod
    from nj

Since I work 2nd shift, friday nights are out for me.
    Now not to hi jack your idea here, but if anyone wants to meet up on the weekend let me know.
    How about a meet and greet at the Cowtown swap meet?
    Good Luck guys wiith Edison meet and greet
    later
    Wayne

11. Pat Pryor

Pat Pryor

ill be there. next sunday right?

12. bigDrew

bigDrew

I'll be at the swap meet. I'm up in central jersey for a few months on an assignment for work and am having withdrawl. I had to leave all my tools and hotrods in Houston!! If anyone needs a hand with their project let me know.

13. wrong generation

wrong generation
    from new jersey

any good at tuning an edelbrock carb ?

14. Pat Pryor

Pat Pryor

free labor. sure sure you can come help out. where at in central nj?

15. 40streetrod

40streetrod
    from nj

Pat yes it's next sunday
    Now we have a place
    all we need now is a time

Cowtown swap meet
    Salem County Fair Grounds
    Rt40 Woodstown NJ

16. bigDrew

bigDrew

I'm in Princeton.

17. dieselbronco

dieselbronco
    from jamesburg

only problem with a county park is you have to be out by sunset will only give us like a hr

18. R.Otto

R.Otto

Im sure no one will kick us out and if they do well move somewhere else

19. Suggestion for Cowtown - get there early. Rt 40 is one lane each way and will be a cluster fxxk getting in and out. Last time I went I got there at 7:00 left to go home about 10:00 AM and the traffic was backed up probably 2-3 miles coming from Turnpike/295.

20. wrong generation

wrong generation
    from new jersey

so how many people are up for this ?

21. Just some ideas for some rides. The people I used to ride vintage scooters with did rides like this on saturdays and sundays. We always met up at around 6am and rode all day. We usually took state highways or back roads. We did northern NJ and southern NJ routes. Some guys would start to the meet up spot around 5am. We were pretty hardcore about riding as much as we could on one day.

This route is a 101 mile route from the Bendix Diner in Hasbrouck Heights, NJ to Lambertville, NJ. It starts out on Route 46, but at 6am there is no one on the road. Sure the ride out of Bergen County is not much to look at, but its like driving out to western NJ for a family vacation back in the 1930-1950s. Once you get past Wayne, NJ, Route 46 starts to calm down a bit. You leave Rt. 46 at Hackettstown, NJ and head towards backroads.

Check out the route:
    Northern NJ Ride #1

Maybe someone from southern NJ can do a route down there.

22. 40streetrod

40streetrod
    from nj

"Maybe someone from southern NJ can do a route down there"

well here in CNJ just follow ELD route to Hillsboro then head to Hopewell and Lambertville is just down the road. All back roads too.

23. WaynesSpeed

WaynesSpeed

I'm in for Edison Park the 23rd.

24. DirtyThirty

DirtyThirty
    from nowhere...

Thats a tight journey...I like that...nice roads, and woods...hell, if it ends in Lamberville, I'm jumping ship for New Hope, and getting me some Taco Loco!
    I like the ELD path, and this too...

25. R.Otto

R.Otto

So Since its going to rain tonight well meet the 23rd

26. BIG JOHN 37

BIG JOHN 37
    from central NJ

R.Otto - Friday April 23, 2010 - Edison Park, Edison, N.J. ? Behind Middlesex County College - (there is a new strip mall out in front of the college on Woodbridge Ave., if we get chased from the park at dark, and there is Food in the strip mall! lotsa parking too!)
    Directions - easily accessible from the Tpke., Parkway, 287, and Route 1 -
    Tpke. (No. or So.) off at Exit 10, stay to right at Toll follow Rt.514 West, past front of College, make a left on Mill Road, entrance to park, 1/4-1/2 mile on left -

Pkwy (from North) - south to exit for Route 1 south, off at exit, route 1 south to jughandle left at sign for "bonhamtown" to "T" on Wdbg. Ave. turn right, follow above
    Pkwy (from South) - north to over bridges, stay right, to Rt. 287 north, stay to right follow signs to Tpke/514West, stay to left onto 514 Wset, follow above -

287 (from North) south to exit for Route 1 south, puts you off on Main St. So. straight to T at Wdbg. Ave. turn right,follow above -

Rt.1 (from South)- north into Edison, get off on So. Main St. Bonhamtown, straight to Wdbg. Ave. follow above -

Rt.1 - (from North) - south into Edison, make jughandle left, at exit for Bonhamtown, straight to Wdbg. Av. as above -

Hope this helpful for all -

Last edited: Apr 16, 2010
  27. R.Otto

R.Otto

Thank you Big John that is quite helpful

28. Big Nick

Big Nick

So April 23rd it is?

29. furious

furious
    from Hazlet, NJ

Can't make it on the 23rd but if all goes well and its done again I'll try to be there.

30. BIG JOHN 37

BIG JOHN 37
    from central NJ

So who's all in for this coming Friday Night, 4/23/10 - 6:00-6:30 P.M. Edison Park, behind Middlesex County College, Edison, (see directions in post above) Weather report - 65 degrees, mostly sunny! Let's give it a try!!!