Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Bob's Big Boy Broiler Opens In Downey!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Cyclone Kevin, Oct 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

Bug nite :eek: Lots of cool VWs. But where was the Bratwurst, Sauerkraut, Quark-n-Potato Salad finish by a Black Forest Cake.:confused::rolleyes::p;):D

2. 57FORDF100

57FORDF100
    from bell

i think bugs should get there own night there not wensday nights they park in the middle of everything and block all the cars if one of those guys blocks my truck ill send him to the loner section all the way in the dark parking lot

3. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

Share and share alike.;) What do you think its going to be like in the next few weeks with more light and warmer temps. A frigin Bad Ass Mad House:eek:. Everything will be comeing out.:):cool:

4. 57FORDF100

57FORDF100
    from bell

hell yeah im pretty sure were gunna see new cars showing up that dont show up as much as we do witch is a good thing we should protest the bugs lol have them get there own night or park all the way at the end whos with me

5. 64sled

64sled

I think the Bugsters are starting there own thing on Friday nights.

But as Johnny said in the coming weeks as temps go up and daylight savings we will see a good mixture of everything and thats whats gonna make this a badass place to go.

:)

6. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

^^^^^^^ sometimes i feel like im beating a dead horse. They have there own nite, 2nd friday of each month if i understood correctly. Thats why so many last night, so many that you needed bug spray. :rolleyes:;):p:D

7. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

64 sled you missed up my reply with the cuts. LOL :D

8. 64sled

64sled

Sorry bout that Johnny haha

9. yardgoat

yardgoat

That is realy cool !!!Best of luck to ya,your place is awsome,wish we had one in Ga.If the folks get to messy eating send them down the st to the car wash(seen in your pic).............................YG (You going to give your old oil to the vw,s diesel,s)

10. Don't be snobbish. A cool old VW is a cool car.

11. DrJ

DrJ

I hate VW's.
    I hated all three of the VW's I owned.
    I especially hated the '67 with the Porsche engine... :cool:

12. truck

truck
    from Brisbane

Well after the damn GPS got us lost we finally found the place. Had a good feed, had a look a few interesting cars, not many coz of the showers. Spoke with one or two ppl, most werent interested in talking to an aussie, but the guy with the blown yellow falcon was kinda interesting to chat with. Overall i'm glad we found or way there.

13. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

^^^^^^^ Truck good to see you and the miss's got home safely. Didn't really introduse myself but we spoke breifly as you were leaving.

14. truck

truck
    from Brisbane

Ok, kewl...thought i recognised the car. We got back to the motel just as that fatal crash happened on the 5, missed it by a few minutes..luckily.

15. Still in town, Truck? The rain kept me home last time, but the beer offer still stands.

phil

16. yardgoat

yardgoat

I was not being snobish,i just sold a vw diesel truck ive had for yrs,i asked because they sell a kit for vw diesels to run used cooking oil. I like ALL cars/trucks that dont break down while driving.................YG

17. 36hplandspeedracer

36hplandspeedracer

Hey Ford, Bugs are cars too. I cruised Harveys from 61 to 68, in everything from a 54 Chev to a Phils hydro equipped 56 Vette to a 62 Bug. In fact I met my bride of 42 years draggin Bellflower Boulevard in the Bug and currently race Bugs on the Bonneville Salt Flats along with all the other hot rodders.

We VW guys are no different than the Ford, Chev or Mopar boys, a little smaller perhaps,
    but we don't need 'our own night'. Just enjoy that you can now cruise the BBBB again while I have an 800 mile drive just to slide under the awning.

Burly Burlile EUHS 62

18. I have no problem with the VW guys. I was one once. As long as they are cool,just like anyone else who shows up,then who cares! I might drive out tomorrow...

19. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Bob, you going to come out tonight? I want to see the truck!

See you guys tonight. We went Sunday with some friends that came down from Vegas. Were a few cars there too. Other than that, haven't been able to make it.

20. Crazydaddyo

Crazydaddyo

I'll be there tonight.

21. i can't wait to get my car back...
    here's to hoping that the summer weather brings much fun and enjoyment to the broiler!

22. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Great turnout last night! Was nice to sit and BS and check out some cars. I took a bunch of pictures. I'll try and get them posted later!

23. five1cadiman

five1cadiman
    from downey ca

Last night was a badass turn out !! Cant wait for summer !!!

24. 57FORDF100

57FORDF100
    from bell

last night was a bad ass turn out lots n lots of cars o yeah and lots n lots of 57 bel-airs i 2 were parked to the left of me 1 was parked in front of me and 2 more were parked in back of me we should make then there own parking lot

25. Had fun eating with John Denich,scooter,Brunwich,and Crazydaddyo...Lots of laughs!!!!!
    We need to do that again...

26. The Brudwich

The Brudwich

The broiler was a blast, it was great seeing everyone. Can't wait to go back when I'm in town for the summer.

27. Bash

Bash

I've been a hot rod guy my whole life, but, I had a moment or two with those pesky bugs, like this one which was a sleeper. Buick V-6 powered. In it's time, it ripped many a hot rod a new asshole when they got smoked by my "Busby Berkley Quaalude Nightmare".

However, not the kinda smoke I had when I was painting it back in 1967. Ha!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 20, 2010
  28. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

Sat nite cruise included Faith-Duece of Spades, Altered Pilot and Adrianna, Johnny G.,Fellow Trompers Sandy & Al., Thanx 4 coming out, It was nice to see the DOS cars at the Broiler! C-ya guys Wed!

29. Silverado85

Silverado85

How's Bob's Big Boy Broiler in Downey compare to Bob's Big Boy in Burbank on a Friday night? Which cruise lasts longer? Are cars different at the two cruises? If you can only make one, which one?

30. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

Come to the Broiler and see for yourself. Just added-I just read your location :confused: and well its like this, they are both very good places to visit. :) Put come see this one first. :D

Last edited: Mar 21, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.