Register now to get rid of these ads!

Candy paint

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by metal bender, Mar 18, 2010.

1. metal bender

metal bender
    from texas

Got a chip in a candy paint job it through the clear red and silver , can it be blended and how , cant paint the whole thing . Help !!! :eek:

2. Wicked50

Wicked50

It can be blended in but its going to take a REAL GOOD painter. I've seen them do it to lowriders here in Cali

3. 1930roadster

1930roadster

A straight candy paint job? ouch, i can't do it, tried many times. I usually just get a touch up brush, do base, candy, and clear wet sand and polish and pray... or now is a good time to think about flames or something. I wish i had a better answer

4. finkd

finkd
    Member Emeritus

I fixed gmans shoe box after the hood blew off and folded in two. look at his pics and it is also out on the cover of the new speed and chrome. are you going to austin? I can look at it there, or pm me and we'll see whast we can do. it CAN be done but it aint easy.

5. pimpin paint

pimpin paint
    from so cal

Hey,

pm chopolds, here on the HAMB.......................he's the nu "Kandy-Man"

It can be done with an air brush and a good eye for colour and considerably experience under one's belt!

" Embrace The Vulgarity"

6. big creep

big creep

thats going to be tough!!! even if they get it close, you can still see it. any pictures? not that i can fix it. i hope whoever does it can pull it off for you!

7. skullhat

skullhat

it can be spotted in, ive done quite a few. there are, as said, a couple secrets you need to follow, or you will have a big shadow in the side tone.

naturally , the hood and deck lid are the hardest areas to repair. if its down low on the rocker area, easier fix

i recall having to do the deck and rear body panel on a 36 cabro when the ulphosltery guys drilled a hole right through the deck lid on a gold based candy . reminided me of walking a tite rope in the wind

skull

8. chopolds

chopolds
    from howell, nj
    1. Kustom Painters

Thanks for the Kudos!
    Yeah, it can be done, but it's even harder to do than originally paining the candy!
    PM me, give me details on the paint job, and I'll see if I can give you some direction.

9. blinddaddykarno

blinddaddykarno

I've seen Jon Kosmoski do it, back in the late 70's with HOK Lacquers when he came to my school (ND State School [now College] of Science). He made it look easy, but even he said it was difficult. I've tried it, with varying degrees of success, and always with lacquers, never with urethanes.

Brian

10. VOODOO ROD & CUSTOM

VOODOO ROD & CUSTOM

Been there, done that, it ain't easy; but it is doable.

11. Crease

Crease

The repair is flawless!

12. geemann51

geemann51

Cant say enough about Jeff Myers ability to match a candy and Ark City aint that far.....