Register now to get rid of these ads!

Route66Supply.com: Avoid avoid avoid!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Rox, Mar 17, 2010.

1. Rox

Rox

So I decided to order the Sid Chavers custom upholstery dvds to get some tips and tricks. I came across route 66 supply site that sold them. Figured hey why not! gave them my money and still I sit and wait. No responses to my emails or calls. Order not shipped...still!
    After some waiting i checked up on them via the internet and found some terrible reviews and complaints.
    So last night I got pretty fed up and emailed Sid Chavers himself. At this point I knew I wasnt getting the dvds or ever going to see my money again, I just wanted to B*tch, and let them know who they were working with. I wasnt expecting to hear back from the Sid Chavers Company at all! I was surprised to recieve a super fast response from Sid himself offering not only the dvds, a refund, and a promise it would be handled immediatly, but an apology! I have been screwed a few times whether during online ordering or in store. you all know it, the rude 18 year old manager who just doesnt give a crap, and is more concerned with their shift being almost up.
    Not with Sid. I am thoroughly impressed! i talked to him on the phone this A.M. Sounded thoroughly sincere, and provided amazing customer service!
    Summary:
    I get my dvds
    screw route 66 supply
    Sid Chavers rocks

2. LANCE-SPEED

LANCE-SPEED

Let me get you a tissue,

3. ken1939

ken1939

Good an bad news all in one. I see Sid cares more about his reputation than Route 66 does. BTW you will love the videos. I bought them about 10 years ago and picked up a good bit of information. The old, once you see how its done...

Since then I have done 3 1/2 interiors and one convert top for my 32 Ford.

4. gillgonzalez

gillgonzalez
    from San Diego

I cant believe that Route66 Supply.com is still online, they took my money about 3 years ago for a Ron Covell video...same thing...no video and just a dead end.

The Chavers videos are top notch.

5. Hotrodstitcher

Hotrodstitcher

Thanks for the kind words...Sid

6. Doc.

Doc.
    Member Emeritus

It's cool that you got it worked out. It's even cooler to know that Sid is on the HAMB. I've been diggin' his work for years.

Doc.

7. Hotrodstitcher

Hotrodstitcher

Thanks Doc, I hope to learn my way around here soon...Sid

8. That's a nice web site Sid.....one of the best I've been on.....

9. Hot Rod Bob

Hot Rod Bob
    from T-ville Ky

Sid is one of the best!And to find he is on the HAMB,....AWESOME!

10. Alienbaby17

Alienbaby17

I just got the first two videos as a late Christmas present. After reading horrible reviews of RT66 I found the most recomended source was Sid himself. My wife ordered them up directly from Sid and I couldn't have been happier.

The videos are super informative and helpful. After watching the door panel video one night I came upstairs smiling. When the wife asked me what was up I told her I was just happy to finally understand how certain things were done. What seemed like a real mystery to me before was suddenly made crystal clear with the tips and tricks from the video. Great stuff!

How many videos are there out now? Is there a third?

Jay

11. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

Gill! Holy cow, you're alive? I thought the Pharaohs knocked you off back in 1973! Tied you to the car and dragged you! Wow! :O

12. Welcome aboard Sid. Your the man for helpin this guy out.
    Wonder who the other guys are in this pic?
    Could that be Mangus, Atkins and Charlie?

Attached Files:

13. gillgonzalez

gillgonzalez
    from San Diego

14. gillgonzalez

gillgonzalez
    from San Diego

I took 5 years for someone to mention that.

15. Hotrodstitcher

Hotrodstitcher

Thanks for the kind words. Thats me standing in the black shirt next to Ron Mangus and Paul Atkins sitting in the white shirt and my partner George looking like Billy Gibbins. Looks like it was taken at the L.A. Roadster show a couple of years ago..Sid

16. Topper

Topper

My dad was in the upholstery business back in the 60's, rolled and pleated, and being a dumb kid didn't learn very much. I've been doing my own stuff for the last 15 years. I got Sid's videos and they are great. I called last year to inquire about part numbers for door clips. Sid took time out of his day to find the box and give me the numbers. Sid is one of a dying breed who puts customers first.

17. Rox

Rox

UPDATE: Route 66 has cancelled my order? no refund in sight no emails no contact! oh boy! oh well, i got the dvds, so all in all I got what i paid for. No loss
    AND I got Sid to join the HAMB. :)