Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration The Photoshop thread to end all Photoshop Threads!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Pair O' Dice, Oct 10, 2008.

1. SDhotrod

SDhotrod

Hot Wheels had the same idea.:eek:
    [​IMG]

2. classic1952

classic1952
    from pacoima ca

hows it goin guys? can anyone slamm by vw bug? i want it slammed on the ground, please... the thing is i got air shocks for it and i wanna see how it wud look on the ground. thanx a bunch!!!!!!![​IMG]

3. original patina

original patina
    BANNED
    from Texas

Not the same roof. And HW didn't get the wheelbase right - so I modified some. :p

[​IMG]

4. original patina

original patina
    BANNED
    from Texas

5. classic1952

classic1952
    from pacoima ca

damn "original patina" u freakin kick ass!!!!

6. You sure this has been owner modified? It looks like a coachbuiler's nameplate at the back of the quarter panel. It wasn't uncommon for flower cars like this to be built on the same commercial chassis as hearses and ambulances. It does look like a Wayfarer roof but I can imagine the body builder using whatever parts best suited their needs.

Or is this some kind of an early April Fool's "Photochop"? ;)

7. original patina

original patina
    BANNED
    from Texas

No April Fools joke - just a Photochop exercise.

I own a '58 Superior flower car that is being kustomized currently. A solid '53 S&S low top ambulance has become available on the cheap missing back glass...so I've been coming up with solutions.

That rear quarter script? "Job Rated" from a '55 Dodge truck to complete the look. Way to suck down bait like a prize bass. ;)

8. Well at least you compared me to a prize bass instead of a carp! :D

9. 100% Matt

100% Matt

Thanx!

10. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

If I remember correctly, there was a car like this in the first Godfather movie. I remember thinking it would make a cool hot rod. I believe it is original, could be wrong.

11. original patina

original patina
    BANNED
    from Texas

[​IMG]

2 of the 8 flower cars were original; the rest were mocked up for the movie.

Not to get off topic, but if anyone wants to see LOTS of flower car pics, check out this thread on the NHAA. Individual company information is found on coachbuilt.com under Professional Cars, half way down page. The most popular builders were Eureka, Miller, Meteor (Miller Meteor post '57), S&S, and Superior.

Now let's get back to some Photochops!

12. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

Thought so. The flowers may look nice but I think the car would look better if it was full of Hooters girls.:D

13. hotrod56cars

hotrod56cars

Thanks!!! Those whitewalls look great, I never would have thought of that.

14. Here's a real challenge for the photo shop pros...I want my 37/38 Chevy sedan delivery to be more custom than street rod. Here are two that I'd like to combine for that custom look. Anyone up for this crazy challenge?

Thanks
    Mikey

Attached Files:

15. hotstepn

hotstepn

This is pretty neat stuff. Any chance seeing how my 1950 F1 would look with wide white walls and lowered with a little rake. Then maybe another adding black scalops with silver trim? Thanks so much in advance.

Attached Files:

16. hotstepn

hotstepn

Please...................................

17. Patience! This takes a while. Someone will help you out, even if it takes a few days.:)

18. pro1street

pro1street

Here's another,good job JamesD
    [​IMG]

19. OMG!!! JamesD and pro1Street, dat is wat I'z be talkin' bout!! Now all it needs is a Mikeys' Pinstriping logo and I'm ready to go. $$1/2 price stripe jobs if ya'll ever come to central Texas.

Mikey

20. Please, just one more request, the car will look similar to the chopped one above maybe with the Sombreros JamesD did on the burgundy car. I like the smoothies too.

My delivery will be purple with a row of traditional style flames going down the side from the hood back. People know how I love passion purple and flames so gotta put them on the car.
    I need to learn photoshop.

Thank you
    Mikey

21. original patina

original patina
    BANNED
    from Texas

Whacked a couple inches; more purple. Can definitely see a triple layered Ness-style flame turned downwards. My Photoshop skills aren't that tight though - so image a darker shadow offset behind and an offset pinstriped set on top. ;)

[​IMG]

22. Rikster

Rikster

Will be some work....

[​IMG]

Purple.... no flames...

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 17, 2010
  23. Russian

Russian

www and drop, no little rake and no scalops... keep it simple

Attached Files:

24. Original Patina; now that's a kustom!

25. original patina

original patina
    BANNED
    from Texas

You're welcome Mikey. I'm in Austin and would love to see your project tooling around town sometime when completed.

27. jamcoupe

jamcoupe

Im almost done with my custom changes on my coupe and am trying to decide on a 2 tone color or one solid. I was planning on painting the roof black with the grey bottom or maybe the whole thing grey. Would some one please give me a pic of both Thanks for your time Jeff

Its going too have a 54 grill, 51 mercury skirts with the flare at the bottom and 52 pontiac beltmoulding and chrome around the windshield if anybody feels like adding those items. Please show me any other ideas you might have too.:D

[​IMG]

http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh310/jamrodder/Emilys 1951/superbowl018-1.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket">

Attached is the grey Im planning on using

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 17, 2010
  28. JamCoupe, That Chev coupe is gonna be way wild. Will drive those cops in Magnolia crazy!

Mikey
    www.mikeyspinstriping.com
    "Living Whatever's Next"