Register now to get rid of these ads!

Cache of old shift knobs found!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Saxman, Mar 14, 2010.

1. '54Caddy

'54Caddy

Wow great work! Request for a possible GMC knob.

2. 2nd that on the GMC knob.

3. old rat

old rat

Maybe you could just give them away free (not making anything off them) and charge a nice shipping and handling fee.

4. Hackerbilt

Hackerbilt

5. X2! there is the loophole you need.:rolleyes:

6. Bikertrash

Bikertrash
    from Boise

Put me down for the Ford one. It would look great in my Model A. I'm sure that others in the Model A club would sign up as well.

7. rainhater1

rainhater1
    BANNED
    from az

Would look great in our 41 packard

Attached Files:

8. 4woody

4woody

Chrysler logo seems made for it:
    [​IMG]

9. nefareous

nefareous
    from maryland

Old Rat had a good idea.. they are free with a hefty charge for the shipping & handling Start production..NOW..I want one

10. zzford

zzford

I'd take one with the Gettysburg Address on it !

11. That's funny. Thanks a lot everyone. I guess I better get busy, huh?

12. Mark H

Mark H
    from Scotland

Very nice indeed.'1936' is my fave,very 'Deco'.
    Mark.

13. 55chieftan

55chieftan
    from Maryland

Might be a silly question but, does anyone know if these would work on an auto? My current auto shifter has a button on it but the whole shifter is a piece of crap and I want to get something new, and perhaps something where this WOULD work on it.

14. This is just a solid knob, no button. Thread size 3/8-24. Knobs can usually be adapted, I think. I guess it would depend on the shifter you're using.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2010
  15. HUGHES AUTOMOTIVE

HUGHES AUTOMOTIVE

Saxman,
    Great job on the knobs I attached pics of a couple of my knobs. I like to bend the coins in my press to give the coin some crown. I set the coin inside a large socket and push with a small socket. My knobs are not for sale only for inspiration.

Attached Files:

16. Great idea an great work!

17. Whoa! That's nice! Love that grille man!

18. Hey! Very cool! I was debating about ordering a special tool to dome them but it looks like you're idea works fine. Good job.

19. Irish Dan

Irish Dan

Nice work. Even nicer because you made it rather than bought it! Good Luck!

20. Whew! Thanks for all your positive comments. You guys have made some great suggestions and ideas. It takes a while to make them but due to your encouragment I think there might be another batch with some different designs in the near future. Some designs might have trademark issues though so unfortunately I will probably stay away from Ford, GMC etc. I really don't want to break the forum rules either so if you're interested in something send me a PM.

I'm waiting to hear back from Ryan to see what he thinks about a HAMB knob auction. Maybe just a one-off and donate the proceeds to the HAMB. I dunno. I'll see what Ryan thinks. Hmmm...I have some ideas for that one.

Thanks again All.

21. skoh73

skoh73

Saxman,
    That HAMB knob idea sounds like a really good one- especially if you could make some with the centerpiece having a HAMB logo (and maybe a dark red knob). I bet you'd have to make a ton!

22. redo32

redo32

We polish some aluminum discs that go on the dash of the new Mustang. The guy making them has already got a cease & desist from Ford for using the words Ford & Mustang. Now they are fighting over the word Pony.(?) I know that the University Of Oregon has over 300 words and phrases copyrighted that apply to the sports programs. Sell a few here & your probably OK, put them on ebay........... they will get you.

23. 666Irish

666Irish

I know I am a bit late to this thread, but I am in love with the War Bonds knob from the first post!

WANT!

24. Yep, I've heard that about Ford. I pulled the Ford knob. Crazy stuff. Thanks for the heads up.

25. Licensed to kill

Licensed to kill
    from Alberta

Should work on a gennie shifter.

26. Muttley

Muttley

Did you make or buy the Ford emblem? If you bought it and put it in a shift knob I dont see how you have violated any laws. If you manufacture the emblem thats something altogether different.

27. czuch

czuch
    from vail az

Those are amazing! I think as well dont do the big three.
    No need finding Jimmy Hoffa as a roommate. Theyres plenty of others.
    The HAMB idea is perfict and I'd like to see how high it goes.
    The "buy bonds" would be the one I'd be in for also.
    I could do that too. I just dont have any talent.

28. If you bought a licensed Ford emblem it probably wouldn't be an issue but I am making these myself. So as another poster suggested, I'm staying away from the Big-3. I need to keep it all legal.

29. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

You might want to pull the "V8" knob too...according to Ford, that's theirs too...

R-

30. 57tony31

57tony31
    from Woods

Just sell them at car show cash only deal:D I dont see how they could track you down:)