Register now to get rid of these ads!

Is there a event that draws 14,000 cars?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by carlos, Mar 15, 2010.

1. carlos

carlos
    from ohio

Does anyone know of a show or event that draws 14,000 or better regestered cars ,if so lets here about it.maybe I will go there instead of Louiville Nats. How about Woodward in michigan never been is it that big,only one I think that comes close is shades of the past in Tennesse,I am just looking for a bigger and better event to Try.I hear:confused: the best event to attend is the Frog Follies

2. Stevie Nash

Stevie Nash

Back to the 50's is close...

3. Bigchuck

Bigchuck
    from Austin, TX

14,000 cars? Holy crap, I have a hard time looking at 140 at a show. Just 10,000 is a huge number. What is significant about 14,000? Just askin'.

4. Special Ed

Special Ed

Hot August Nights reportedly gets 15k total cars. Only a third of them are registered though...

5. HIDDEN

HIDDEN

Shades of the Past won't bring that many cars this year. They moved it to Dollywood Splash Country's parking lot. It's out of the shaded field it has been in for many years.

6. Hunnert car pileup last year, except 13000 were still on the highway ;).

7. rainhater1

rainhater1
    BANNED
    from az

cant and don't want that many, just go to LA and watch the freeway

8. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Frog Follies isn't even close either. In my opinion it would be the Back to the 50's event in St Paul, MN mid-June. Remember though, bigger doesn't necessarily better. I really have enjoyed the many times I've done the BTTF event but there are a whole lot of other events just as much fun with a more condensed version of the type and style of cars I enjoy most.

9. sawzall

sawzall

BTTF for sure.. its been awhile since I have been there.. but

as soon as my schedule allows I'm driving out again..

its a great location.. and would be an excellent place to "BEGIN" a tour westward...

10. columbus ohio goodguys has to be close

11. tricky steve

tricky steve
    from fenton,mo.

my opinion, the frog follies is one of the very best runs, put on by the nicest bunch of guys and gals...ever !! they have a "street dance" friday night, and saturday afternoon, they feed everybody !!( line moves really fast..) then they have a big dance saturday night.. cruisin' all weekend long too !!usually have a killer band for that too.. usually about 5000 +/- cars.. too many to see anyway, and a swap meet...
    if you're into just sitting around, "car show style" then i'm not sure which event would be best for ya..
    streetrod nats,have been too big for me.. (overload) now it's the street blob nats, .. ?
    1980 on down... wow.. really?
    anywho, just my opinion.. thanks
    steve

12. Buddy Palumbo

Buddy Palumbo

I don't think it pulls down 15k cars , but Lead East (in Jersey) is pretty damn big :confused: .

13. Kirk Hanning

Kirk Hanning

Woodward Dream Cruise has to have the most unregistered cars for a single event. More than 1/2 are daily's cruising during the official dream cruise weeked. Best time to go would be the prior weekend and every day leading up to it.

14. Geez, who would want to go? That's just too damn big to enjoy at all.

15. Ebbsspeed

Ebbsspeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

A Toyota recall easily gets that many.

16. havi

havi

I like this kinda thinkin' I'm a short few years out myself of doin' it.

17. dickster27

dickster27
    from Texas

Actually, the Nats in Louisville hasn't had 14,00 registered for years now. The most recent number is around 10,000 or less. And of the ones that registered only about 65-70% even bring a car on the grounds. Same way with Goodguy events, it's cheaper to buy an entry than general admission. You will definitely get the most bang for your buck at the Frog Follies, guaranteed.

18. storm king

storm king

Louisville is awsome, screw what the whinners say. Year before last I know they had over 11,000 cars.

Ain't nothing wrong with the Toyotas either, except sorry assed drivers who can't bring themselves to admit what crappy drivers they are, and the ever-present scum looking for a big company to sue.

19. Grumpy

Grumpy
    from NE Ohio

Nope. Maybe 5000. It was 6-6500 a couple years ago though.

20. it's a shame that the Dream Cruise has turned into daily beater crap over the years....went there in 01..never been back again.the week before is the best for seeing and cruisin cars...Fort Street isn't a bad cruise, lots of rods, but tons of creepy crawler traffic....and a butt load of cops just waitin to get ya...but then there's been some really bad shit go down with stupid drivers too...with too many people hurt.......

21. HotRod33

HotRod33

Go to the Frog Follies.... I have been going for over 20 years and it is a Great Time......

22. 50specialdeluxe

50specialdeluxe

x2 on Frog Follies....

I grew up right outside Evansville and my dad and I would go every year. Once we moved to STL I always meant to go but never made the time to do so, until last year. The wife and I, along with my parents went back and spent the weekend and that sealed the deal. I'll be going back every year from now on....it was a blast! Great bunch of guys over there and we walked around for 2 days and didn't see all the cars...already booked a room for this year....

23. 40fordtudor

40fordtudor

icebreaker is close---over 11000 a couple of years ago and 1500-2000 out on the street. can't see everything at a meet that big but going again this year---the beer is cold.............................

24. carlos

carlos
    from ohio

Back to the 50"s I think is one I might have to make plus part of the country Ive never been.

25. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

The really unique thing about the BTTF event is peeps hang out till 11pm AT THE FAIRGROUNDS either parked watching the cruzn or are actually cruzn the MANY paved streets in the fairgrounds. The vendors stay open too because there are so many people hanging around late. I'm not just talking a few cars I'm talking HUNDREDS.

26. carlos

carlos
    from ohio

thanks fo the heads up

27. greaser57

greaser57
    from minnesota

Back to the 50's has 11500 cars registered....................Rich

28. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I think that just about everyone should hit at least one of the mega events at least once in his/her life but I would rather go to events because they are known as great events than just because they are large events.

29. Stonebird

Stonebird

I am a fan of Back to the 50's. I've been there several times. Wide variety of cars. June temperatures in Minnesota are usually great. You don't cook you brains out like at some other mid summer events. Friday is the best day to roam around. Saturday gets pretty crowded.

30. spiderdeville

spiderdeville
    from BOGOTA,NJ

LEAD EAST - the 2AM to dawn dance party is a drunken chick good time