Register now to get rid of these ads!

Reliabilty run on May 30th for those who don't wanna go to Santa Maria

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by johnnykck, Mar 10, 2010.

1. johnnykck

johnnykck

On May 30th the Road Zombies will be hosting a reliability run starting in Hollister and going for about 80 miles round trip. This event was started by Dave (Redbeard on the HAMB) from the Lucky Bastards a few years back and has always been a big success. Dave puts on two reliability runs each year, one on Memorial-day and one on Labor-day, both have always been in the north bay area around Santa Rosa and Sonoma, so us Road Zombies had the idea to host a reliability run and we got to talking to Dave and the result is that we will be taking over the May run and Dave will keep doing the other one, this way there will be one in the North Bay and one in the South Bay.
    The meeting point will be at one of our guys shop, "Marshall Vintage Automotive" at 396 4th st. suite B, Hollister, Ca. 95023. at 9:00 o'clock take off is 9:30. This will give every body a chance to check out Romero's shop and there is a lot of parking.
    We will be taking a lot of side roads through some nice country side, tight turns, long straights and every thing in between and will be ending up at the 9th Hole for some good food and some cold beer.
    So for all you guys that would rather drive their cars than sit around at a car show all day, this is for you. So far we have a nice group of cars coming to the run and we are inviting every body with a pre '65 car to come join us. Who wants to come?

2. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

I bet most peeps are actually driving MORE then 80 miles just to get to Santa Maria. ;)

3. johnnykck

johnnykck

Yes, but the guys that come to the reliability run get to drive to the run, drive some great country roads during the run and then drive back home. The country roads will test your ability to drive your car and the ability of you car to handle something other than highways cruising. The last time there were guys going side ways through turns and having a blast, some guys were a real testament to Hot Rodding the way they handled their cars. The last time I went on the reliability run in Santa Rosa I drove almost 450 miles in ten hours and had a good time with the guys at the lunch stop. When I drove to Santa Maria I drove 180 miles on the freeway, then sat around at a show for two days and drove back home, not the most exciting drive.
    Like I said, it's for people who like to drive their cars and not just cruise at a steady 75mph down a four lane highway.

4. Mr.Dean

Mr.Dean

Sounds cool to me I will try to be there in the coupe or the truck.

5. Pre Entry or just turn up on the day Johnny?

6. johnnykck

johnnykck

Just turn up on the day, we might be having a saturday night pre-run-BBQ at a hotel in Hollister. I will post details soon.

7. Chuckles Garage

Chuckles Garage
    Alliance Vendor

8. johnnykck

johnnykck

Bttt for the morning crowd

9. MEDDLER1

MEDDLER1

yeah me and my buddies ended up driving the first part of the run overlast year just to take the long way home back to woodland!These runs are what its all about!I will definitly try and make it.Whats the hotel situation like?

10. flat34pu

flat34pu

:D I should have had my distributor fixed or replaced by then.

rich

11. johnnykck

johnnykck

There is a hotel that we are talking to right now, we might be able to get the whole hotel to us if we get enough rooms booked, Parking in the court and pool and we can throw a BBQ there. I'll post up the info as soon as I know more.

12. Since Santa Maria will never be Paso(..At least not yet)and Hollister is way closer to Oakland,this sounds like a great alternative...Will the run perhaps take us thru Hwy 25 thru Pacines/Tres Pinos towards I-5?Thats a real nice drive...Keep us posted on the details Johnny.

13. johnnykck

johnnykck

Yeah, some of it will be on 25 and then we will end up on the north side of King City and then make our way back towards Hollister area on some back roads. The exact route is not finalized yet, there are just to many nice roads out there.
    I'll keep ya posted.

14. cadillac nut

cadillac nut

15. Roger O'Dell

Roger O'Dell

I loved Paso, but the very first year at Santa Maria my wife preferred it, This is the first Year for a cruise at Santa Maria, I missed the first at Paso, But I'll not Miss the FIRST Santa Maria. Roger

16. Scotty I actually have those days off, I might bring the Chevy if you agree to help push it if it breaks!!!!

17. cadillac nut

cadillac nut

i'll just throw it in the trunk , it is after all a cadillac .........

18. johnnykck

johnnykck

Yeah, there's room for two or three cars in there!!

19. studhud

studhud

Hey Roger dont worry about it let the hot rod crowd go do the reliability run and the custom guys go to Paso Maria! It works for me. The "it aint paso thing" is old people have bitched for the past coupla years on here. If I had a hot rod I would go to Santa maria with the kustom then the Lucky Bastards run at the end of summer. Guess I need a hot rod!
    Dave Hitch

20. Sounds like a road trip might have to be put on the calendar!!!! Anybody want to cruise of to NorCal with me?

21. johnnykck

johnnykck

Actually we have quite a few customs coming to the run.

22. studhud

studhud

Wish you guys all the best with the run But I will attend Sant Maria I dont Care if it aint paso. You coulnt pay me to miss it! It is still the best Kustom show on the Planet! Or at least out of the ones I've gone to and that would be alot. I might do the "Red Beard Extravaganza" (tm) though! Gotta get a little project done to take though-Kustoms and runs like this seem weird need something more fitting.
    LTR Dave Hitch

23. 61TBird

61TBird

If my Tbird makes it to Vegas and back in April,I'm up for this one!
    I miss cruising around Hollister(I Lived there for a couple of years...)

24. j ripper

j ripper
    from napa ca.

"Red Beard Extravaganza" (tm)

awesome..

25. GOONZ

GOONZ

The question is Josh, are you gonna drive the roadster or are you gonna go as Sir Gandalf the Napa Wizard?

26. cadillac nut

cadillac nut

its not written stone in yet but i'm thinking about doing both, santa maria thursday - saturday ,come home saturday night ,then more driving on sunday ......it can be done ,do not be afraid .....anybody game ?

27. PRIMERDAVE

PRIMERDAVE

sounds like a plan to me.....

28. tommy v

tommy v

thats what i was thinking :D

29. flat34pu

flat34pu

that dose sounds like a plan.
    rich

30. TERPU

TERPU