Register now to get rid of these ads!

Monthly New Jersey Hotrod Meet?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by R.Otto, Mar 14, 2010.

1. freak dude

freak dude

I'm down, let me know when & where.....

2. teddyp

teddyp

3. BIG JOHN 37

BIG JOHN 37
    from central NJ

only things wrong with Roosevelt Park, mall traffic goes thru, crowded because more people know of it, "plays in the park" start up=less area, more groves, but smaller, whereas Edison Park, behind the college more secluded, only a walking track, tennis courts,(2) ball fields, more bigger parking lots, etc. drawbacks, only (1) bathroom, limited hours, and not many food vendors, close, only a burrito place and subway close, unless you go back out to route 1, then there is a bunch - thoughts? -

4. freak dude

freak dude

How 'bout the Battlefield park outside freehold? Its Central near I195 and rte 9..I think its business 33.

5. BIG JOHN 37

BIG JOHN 37
    from central NJ

still like the Edison/Central Middlesex county area, access to more major roadways, and equidistant from both north and south jersey, farthest points in both directions would have 1-1 1/2 hour ride in, plus you're bound to get some HAMB'ers from Staten Island, other 4 boro's (Rumblers, etc.) and Long Island, actually Eastern Pa. isn't too far a reach either -

6. Zombie Hot Rod

Zombie Hot Rod
    from New York

[​IMG]

7. zodiac matt

zodiac matt

I'm getting new tires in my 67' coupe deville tomorrow so now she will be ready for cruising season!

8. zodiac matt

zodiac matt

Yo uncle Casey were you been??? Tony sell our old truck? How's your new ride?

9. freak dude

freak dude

Hey Zodiac, Tonys got the truck listed on here. Last call it wasnt sold. No picture with it( go figure) . As for the meet, anywhere is cool with me...Im not zip code challenged!!!

10. SlowandLow63

SlowandLow63
    from Central NJ

I like all this talk of Edison as a location....

11. repoman

repoman

Fucking poser douchbags at that place now. Rockabilly wannabe's driving hondas with their pants cuffed and dripping pomade.

12. repoman

repoman

Johnson Park in New Brunswick gives cheap permits. I use to throw bbq's there.
    I'll swing by and count the spaces. I think it might be tight though.

There is also a good lot at exit 125 on the parkway. It's a lot where cruise ships (Cornucopia) dock. Room there for @ 150 cars. Has an outside bar with food.

13. Rivet

Rivet

+1

Im down for edison.

Also down for a reliability run, I plan on beating Mel with my 6v banger (at least with how many parts fall off at least).

14. synthsis

synthsis

too far, i'm out. sorry.

15. What! ...c'mon, I'm on a 6v system... and have no windshield.

16. keep it along the PKY, that makes sence. Hang for an hour... give some of us time to catch up. I'm teasing, my car hauls. Gotta balance the wheels though.

17. I'll take that race! What cha got?

18. synthsis

synthsis

Mel, at least your car boogies. I've got a 3spd with a monstrous 4.10 truck rear.

19. How fast do you think this go's?

[​IMG]

20. zodiac matt

zodiac matt

too far? c'mon, lets drive up! i see you know my buddy stan from looking at your flickr

21. synthsis

synthsis

well, I've gotta sort out my headlight issue before I can even consider driving at night. I've got tails and brakes but no headlights.

22. Little Wing

Little Wing
    from Northeast

Did'nt there use to have a big to do out near Somerville or Manville ?

Last edited: Mar 15, 2010
  23. Rivet

Rivet

Sold the 54 chev, got me a bone stockish 29 roadster now-a-days. Mechanical brakes and all.

24. 57JoeFoMoPar

57JoeFoMoPar

Cruise night in Somerville on Friday nights. Usually a pretty good turn out

25. CHOPMERC

CHOPMERC

Hmmm...I seem to have lost the steam for this type of thing...I guess I'd go check it out though...God I sound like Ray Soff...

26. TBone69

TBone69
    from NJ

That works for me, specially since I could walk there if I had to :)

Allaire is cool, plenty of BBQ'n picnicing areas, and if you can postions the cars jsut right maybe a shot or two with the trains in the background. Just make sure nothing else is going on that day or parking would be at a premium.

The reliability run sounds like a good/fun idea, looking at cars is ok but they are supposed to move and hopefully move under their own power.

27. R.Otto

R.Otto

I say we vote on location then.

28. Diana The Doc

Diana The Doc
    from New York

Yeah, the Somerville cruise nights are usually pretty d*rn crowded-- Lots of folks show up with their cars and plenty of people come out to just spectate... And yes, there probably are "issues" with using Roosevelt Park in Edison... As somebody already pointed out, there are the popular "Plays in the Park", which are very well attended and could possibly put a damper on assembling droves of hot rods in the park on the same night... Plus, you'd probably need some sort of permit or blessing from the town to be allowed to have a large organized assembly of hot rods (politics might come into play)-- Although I will be the first to admit that it is indeed a beautiful park and does have a five star location... As it stands, there are lots of "cruise nights" in New Jersey-- They've become a popular part of the culture, some towns even turn cars away because they can't handle the numbers of hot rodders looking to show their rides... So many towns have now established "cruise nights", not so much because the politicians actually appreciate hot rodding ('cause ya know they really don't), as much as they believe the nights provide some much needed money/commerce for the local economy-- New Jersey is a State where politics is everything-- and unfortunately it's also a State not known for having the most upstanding of people in its political realm... "The Doc" (Celebrity Drag Racing Authority & Visionary)...

29. Angry Frenchman

Angry Frenchman

true, sitting around sucks.

30. Pat Pryor

Pat Pryor

what about thompson park in jamesburg its a good size. no carshows in the town. just throwing it out there. i dont really care where it is we just need one.