Register now to get rid of these ads!

The Rodders Journal #47

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HJmaniac, Mar 13, 2010.

1. I usually get The Rodders Journal at Barnes and Noble or Borders. I have been looking for the current issue #47 sinc February 22 and stll had #46 on the shelf. Today I went to Barnes and Noble and they did not even have #46. They looked it up in their computer and Barnes and Noble does not even have a listing for it. They told me they would have a listing even if they were not selling it which indicates to them that it is no longer being published.

Did I miss something?
    Is The Rodders Journal still being published?
    Is anyone else having trouble finding isuue #47?

2. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

I just renewed my sub and they said #47 would be out in a couple of weeks...patience grasshopper...

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  3. Muttley

Muttley

Its the same thing around here, I usually hear about it here on the HAMB about three weeks or so before the local Borders or Barnes & Noble has it on the stand.

4. Hot Rod Michelle

Hot Rod Michelle

That's funny, I bought issue #46 at Barnes & Nobles. Stands to reason that all B&N's carry pretty much the same stuff. It is after all a chain retailer.

5. Fogger

Fogger

I received issue 46 on the 28th of November last year. I always date them when they arrive. #47 should be coming shortly. Looks like a great issue based on the web site info.

6. Thanks! I was already getting the shakes from withdrawl :eek:.

7. millersgarage

millersgarage

just subscribe, then you won't have to worry about when they arrive atthe store

8. Yeah...subscribe. You won't be sorry. It's like the adult version of Ralphie from A Christmas Story running to the mail box every day looking for the Little Orphin Annie secret decoder pin.

9. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

I was just thinking today that it's been a loong time since my last issue arrived, good news!:cool:

10. Ron Mayes

Ron Mayes

I subscribe i have every issue , problem is there on the shelf at Barnes and Noble weeks before i get it in the mail ...WHF.. They should mail to subscribers first :confused::confused::confused:

11. Relax, at times they go through longer increments, happens every few issues. Trent

12. Shawn M

Shawn M

I get mine after the bookstores do as well. Maybe we live on the wrong end of the country! Great magazine though, I read the email preview yesterday for 47, great stuff in there, can't wait

13. olpaul

olpaul

I usually renew my subscription at the March Meet, and pick up a free copy of a past issue as a bonus. Unknown to me, my wife renewed my subscription by mail, so I'm paid up for two years.

14. Finn Jensen

Finn Jensen
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I heard exactly the same story from B&N a year ago, when looking for the latest issue. Its BS. A week later, the latest issue was on the magazine rack.

15. Jay Rush

Jay Rush

I was thinking the same thing and just got the email. I always question weather my subscription ran out but i didn't see any thing about it on here. Always a good sight seeing it on the kitchen table

16. I would except the US Mail around here isn't kind to the magazines I receive. I used to get Collectible Automobile in the mail and several of them were in bad shape when I got them. Since I collect and cherish The Rodders Journal and Collectible Automobile I spend the little extra $$ and insure I get an undamaged copy.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2010
  17. Jay Rush

Jay Rush

Aparently you have never seen what TRJ comes in the mail in its practically a box. But suit yourself and pay more at the store and worry you missed it at the news stand

18. BCR

BCR

The Rodders Journal makes my legs fall asleep. Can't put it down when I am reading it in my "Study"

19. BCCHOPIT

BCCHOPIT

That is some funny shit:D

20. hotrd32

hotrd32
    from WA

If you read the paper it's Barnes and Noble that is having problems...........

21. It pays to tip your letter carrier.....Mine is delivered to my front door.......

22. 5window

5window

Holy Cow,man! Did somebody not get a hug last night? Guy's answering your thread about a MAGAZINE! Even if his information is incorrect, there's no need for you to tee off on him like that. If he's wrong, just point out the difference. It's not like he just lost the keys to the nuclear arsenal. What will you think when it's a serious matter?

You,sir, are the one suffering from a cranio-rectal inversion. Have some prunes, go back to bed until we change the clocks back and just subscribe to RJ-it is very well protected when they ship it. And, have a nice day.:)

23. Ha Ha. I call it the "Oval Office." :)

24. Special Ed

Special Ed

Lighten up, Francis. I wasn't trying to make anyone look like anything...you accomplished that all on your own. You are correct. I was wrong. Let's try and keep the small things in perspective, shall we? Confusing one magazine for another hardly seems important enough for a name-calling tirade. Breath through your nose. :)

25. BCR

BCR

I'm stealing that from you now!

26. Hey Special Ed

All I wanted to know if The Rodders Journal was still being published given what was told to me at B-N. Maybe the other stuff was TMI.

I appologize to you for my comments. I just saw you trying to point out I was FOS with the hardcover comment and got P.O'd. :confused::mad::eek::):D

Now let's go discuss cars man. We cool?:cool:

Check this thread out when you get a chance.

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=397594&page=141&highlight=extinct

27. All of you need to lighten up, it was a couple light hearted comments, with smilies even. 5window, you seem to think everyone needs your protection, in this thread and many othesr. Guess what, we are all big boys and a little jibbing amoung adults is perfectly common.

28. J. Fitzhugh

J. Fitzhugh

Guys,

I have my advance copy of TRJ #47. It is on its way. See the enclosed link for the cover shots. I really enjoyed this one.

Jay

29. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Back to the topic at hand please.

TRJ #47 is the best issue in years...

30. Rikster

Rikster

I got my advance issue as well...

I have a kolorized photo in it...

Great issue, not so much new stuff, since this is the 15 anniversary issue... so its all the best from the past inside.

Here are the covers.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]