Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Gasser Gasser Gasser!! 1962 Falcon Futura with a Nailhead??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Chuckles Garage, Dec 16, 2009.

1. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

Ah yes, wasnt that the model that ford came out with for the back seat driver?;)
    :D........:cool:

2. inkmunky

inkmunky

Very nice sir! The ladder bars look awesome too!

Have you figured out what you're going to do for induction? The other thread i saw you discussing options

3. SLAMIT

SLAMIT

Amazing car. Love it. I also love the fact that you put the shackles at the rear of the front suspension instead of hanging out the front.

Very nice work.....

Eric

4. Chuckles Garage

Chuckles Garage
    Alliance Vendor

No, the engine hasn't even been broken in yet, and the intake still has to be fabbed up. The engine is from an abandoned drag boat project. It has some type of aftermarket rods, not sure of who made them, wild isky cam that I need to swap to a more blower friendly one, mildly ported heads, stock compression forged pistons that will be swapped out for custom jobs that I still have to source. The blower is a 6-71 littlefield that is all new internally. Its set up with 40 tooth pulleys top and bottom. Should be good for a BUNCH of boost. Not sure of keeping it that way though. Alot of the motor stuff is a bridge I haven't yet crossed. It will be done right for sure though.

5. woodywagon1965r

woodywagon1965r

Looking real good
    scary front wheels spindle mount no brakes
    but ultra cool

6. DR

DR

Sounds perfectly sane to me although I though the nailhead was the perfect choice for my 1919 T coupe...maybe we're all nuts![​IMG]

7. Chuckles Garage

Chuckles Garage
    Alliance Vendor

front brakes? you need those? haha.

8. donut29

donut29
    from canton MI

Isky ground my roller cam for my blown nailhead. You should give them a call. I still havent gotten around to building mine but im shottin for sometime this summer.

9. tyoneal

tyoneal
    from Texas

==============================
    I am very excited for you in this project. Keep up the good work, and keep the eye candy coming.

Ty

10. tyoneal

tyoneal
    from Texas

==================================
    donut29:

How much flywheel hp did you make on your blown nailhead?
    What size Nailhead did you use?
    What did you did to make it run well?

Thanks,

Ty

11. mart3406

mart3406
    from Canada

---------------
    Do you know the specs for that Isky cam?
    I'm thinking that what would be considered
    'wild' in a *naturally aspirated* marine race
    application might end up be comparatively
    mild and highly usable in a blower.motor.
    Before I'd change it, I'd at least talk to Isky
    tell them what cam you've got and what
    your building. and get their opinion on it.

Mart3406
    =========================

12. rigermortous

rigermortous
    from illinois

ive got a friend building a 65 with a 383 big block mopar in it with a GM 6 speed it is a an orphan car haha yours is turning out really nice

13. J.Ukrop

J.Ukrop
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

with no front brakes, you should get a big old drag chute to mount where the liscense plates resides.

14. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Yeah I just read a pretty cool article in an old TRJ about Ohio George and how originally he ran disk brakes up front that he machined but then switched to Big rear brakes and chute out back to save the weight up front. If this car is only going to see track time I'd say that would be the ticket!

If you're driving it on the street well just be careful and don't drive behind me hahaha!!!!

15. Chuckles Garage

Chuckles Garage
    Alliance Vendor

Thats funny...I was searching for chutes about an hour ago. I'll make sure to strap a mattress to the front if I decide to drive behind you haha!

I just had a chat with Axle, he invited me to bring the car to VLV and display it in the Gasser reunion area. I'm honored to say the least.

Be sure to look for the Strange Bird in the gasser area at VLV in April!

Last edited: Mar 11, 2010
  16. Tell Tommy Ivo, he wasted his money on FOUR of them just one year earlier!
    [​IMG]

17. Chuckles Garage

Chuckles Garage
    Alliance Vendor

looking at the "showboat" is pure happiness. aaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Heres the car a year later:

RIVIERA WAGON MASTER

Last edited: Mar 11, 2010
  18. woodywagon1965r

woodywagon1965r

lmao need brakes and a fast prayer to make it in the streets of Toronto Ont..
    maybe not politically correct but half the new..arrived cant read english nor drive
    lol and the other half get there brother or friend to take the lic test for them
    scary mary i tell ya

19. tyoneal

tyoneal
    from Texas

=============================
    Without a doubt on the chute. That would be Bitch'in. ;-) (Haven't used that phrase in a long time. I do know it was in California though)

Ty

20. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Hey what are you thinking for color on this thing? Are you going to go wild or mild? I keep seeing a baby blue but I think that's because I read that article on Ohio George lately. WOuld be cool though.

21. As straight as that car looks, I'd hope for a dark candy anything...that would really make the gold leaf lettering (that I am also hoping to see) really pop!

Just my opinion...

22. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Perhaps an ode to Mazamanian then??? Candy Red like his Willys'????

23. Close...here's Big John against the Stone, Woods, & Cook Willys:
    [​IMG]

I was thinking a touch darker, along the lines of the color of the Teixeira Willys (pics by HEMI32):
    [​IMG]

24. Rocket man 88

Rocket man 88

wow that is great inspiration to get my lazy butt out to the garage and work on mine..o and by the way......I would name it "The Nail Biter"...would make a good lettering and graph ix display on the side of the car

25. bbc 1957 gasser

bbc 1957 gasser

i asked on the wheels because its kinda hard to do burn outs with no front brakes thats the only reason i want them on my car i love the spindle mounts but i need brakes up front .

i looked at the hurst web sight im going too order up a set of those tires .

thanks dice.

26. HitIt

HitIt

Adopt me. Please.

27. TOYBOX

TOYBOX

Or hamber time

Attached Files:

28. Nolan

Nolan

Guys.. I've seen thing thing in person and its really not all that. Its awful...really.

Haha! Just fuckin with ya Scotty- I've got to swing by and check this thing out again! You've made some crazy progress since I last saw it. Way to go holmes. Looks tough! U'round this weekend?-

29. Nolan

Nolan

Guys.. I've seen this thing in person and its really not all that. Its awful...really.

Haha! Just fuckin with ya Scotty- I've got to swing by and check this thing out again! You've made some crazy progress since I last saw it. Way to go holmes. Looks tough! U'round this weekend?-

30. Chuckles Garage

Chuckles Garage
    Alliance Vendor

The car is going to be white with red on the sides inside the bullet shaped body lines and lettering in gold or silver leaf. The engine compartment and firewall will be red as well. At least thats whats in my head.

I'm gonna remember this next time you come around....pow! right in the kisser!