Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hunnert Car Heads Up Racers Roll Call!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HotRodChassis, Mar 8, 2010.

1. HotRodChassis

HotRodChassis
    Alliance Vendor

Ok guys and gals, the 2nd Hunnert Car Heads Up is getting closer! We know a ton of local guys that are coming out to race and pick up some bragging rights and a hip Participants water slide decal. Who's coming to put up or shut up with their hot rod, FED, AF/X, Super Stock or Altered?

2. arca39

arca39
    from summit il

o.k what decal won!!!!!

3. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

how about some gassers and a Nostalgia Super Stocker? I will be there with bells on.

4. I plan on bringing down the Fiat Topolino, but I may need a tow from the big end, or a atv driver. I may be coming down alone.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2010

5. You can count on me and dad bringing the valiant again.

6. t5stang91

t5stang91

inlaw model a , i can bring a quad if you need a tow i can help ya out. let me know. i will not be bringing a car but can bring a quad.

7. HotRodChassis

HotRodChassis
    Alliance Vendor

Awesome. Don't forget, after you whip someones ass, or get yours handed to you during the Heads Up Racing, there will be Grudge Match Racing after 5pm. All bets are off (or on depending on how you look at it) after 5!

8. I'll be there but I don't think I'll be racing the flathead. If you guys need any help with anything just let me know. I live about 5 miles away and would be more than happy to lend a hand.

9. Hellfish

Hellfish

This is going to be a great race!

Real Flagman starts!
    Minibike drags!
    1964 and earlier only!
    Easy safety rules for ANY car to follow!

http://www.hunnertcarpileup.com/headsup

There will be vendors and bands as usual! Great Lakes Dragaway are really really bending over backwards to make this show happen the way WE want it! :D

10. I'll be there! 99% sure my little nailhead will be running the track
    Looking forward to this

Thanks to all who put the time into getting this rolling!

11. HotRodChassis

HotRodChassis
    Alliance Vendor

Awesome! I'm glad we'll have at least one Nailhead ripping up the track!

12. I'm planning on being there with the gasser pickup.

13. Hellfish

Hellfish

Everyone who shows up AND RACES will get one of these water-slide decals designed by Yichoke! Racing is the ONLY way to get one! :D The t-shirt and vinyl sticker designs will be different.

[​IMG]

14. Hank

Hank
    from Wisconsin

Anyone got a copy of the strip rules?

15. Hellfish

Hellfish

12 sec or slower (13 for roadsters) you need (that's MOST of us):
    1. double throttle return springs
    2. seat belts
    3. non-glass catch can
    4. all your lug nuts installed; hub caps removed for inspection
    5. metallic oil pressure line (no plastic)
    6. fuel pressure gauge cannot be in cabin
    7. no broken windows

That’s it! Simple

16. two dumb questions....
    First, double throttle return springs....I have one on each 4bbl(progressive linkage), or shall i say only one per carb, do i need to install 2 springs to each carb? I'd assume so...
    Second, I have the typical plastic oil pressure line, would a copper one qualify? or maybe just a better description of metallic
    Third, no broken windows....what if you only have a windshield? (truck cab, safety glass windshield, but no door glass or rear window)

Last edited: Mar 11, 2010
  17. If you guys are coming, were on the way down, stop by and we'll roll down together.

18. I'm doing my best to get the Austin ready...but may need a hand pushing it down the track. Gonna be cuttin' it REALLY close. I see some late night thrash sessions in my future.

19. Dave Flanders

Dave Flanders

How much is the entry fee?

20. Hank

Hank
    from Wisconsin

Not sure yet. I'll give you a holler when it gets closer. It'd be nice to see how slow the old girl really is.

21. What happens if you run faster than 12 seconds?

22. Anything but plastic because if the plastic melts it sprays down the track. Steel or copper would be fine.

23. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

you might be fast enough to play for the Packers...oh, you mean the car?

If you are faster than 12 seconds, you will need a roll cage.

The racers need to know that this event is being scrutinized by the safety officials. At the annual meeting, it was discussed and there is plenty of concern.

Please give serious consideration to purchasing and reading an NHRA rule book if you have a fast car.

Take a look at your fuel system. If not stock, then it has special rules. Certainly a flame retardant barrier between the cabin and the fuel reservoir is required. Minimal length of flexible fuel line will be allowed. The pressure regulator cannot be within six inches of the firewall.

If your battery is not in the stock location, a shutoff that is activated from the rear of the vehicle is required.

Please examine your personal safety equipment and make certain it meets the requirements and is not outdated.

As it was stated to me, this group will be of great concern to the safety staff, so please make certain your vehicle will pass tech. inspection.

It would suck if you showed up and couldn't race due to technicality.

No, I am not a member of the management team, nor the NHRA. Just an informed and concerned fellow racer.

24. A Boner

A Boner

May 8th 2010.................remember the date.

25. I got turned away from the grove for no side glass about 8 years back. I dont remember the reasoning though. If push comes to shove, get some plexi, or better lexon to get you by.

26. zep058

zep058

Cool decal design!

27. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

a window net would also work

28. Hellfish

Hellfish

Exactly. We've been working very closely with the track officials and owners. They haven't mentioned anything about additional rules or scrutiny.

Inlaw Model A - you raced last year without any problems, right? You passed tech? Why do you think you wouldn't this time? The rules haven't changed.

Faster than 12 seconds requires additional safety equipment, like a roll cage. It's more complicated that the 12 and slower category, and I'm not an expert, so I can't comment. Like BopWop suggested, if you think youre faster than 12 seconds, check out a rule book. You can probably do it online.

29. Hellfish

Hellfish

Not dumb... but I'm not sure of the answers! HotRodChassis and Jester are coordinating this, so I'll let them chime in with answers.

Same as all their events. I *think* it's $30 entry/race fee for all day. Less if you're not racing. I'll check and get back with details.

30. Finn Jensen

Finn Jensen
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'll plan to be there. I went through tech last year, but didn't run it. Developed dragging clutch problems and didn't want to try to stage it. Hopefully OK this year.