Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Ford Thunderbolts Photos Wanted

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Troublemaker427, Oct 11, 2006.

1. Awesome pics, Jody! The Falcon looks like a fun race car...where is it now? Looks like your parents had some great taste! :)

2. Dennis K.

Dennis K.
    from Detroit MI

Not sure what you mean by the "Hot Rod Reunion" page? But they were all the same car.

All the cars delivered to Tasca were four speeds. 3/5.

Regards,
    Dennis

3. mercuryjunky

mercuryjunky
    from arvada,co

4. dlshady

dlshady

Anybody notice on their webpage that the "Additional photo above of the real car, as resored today." is actually a photo of a clone? :rolleyes: So much for truth in advertising!

Deron

5. Dennis K.

Dennis K.
    from Detroit MI

Thank you for the up front. I just got off the phone with them.
    Revisit the website and see what is there now.

BTW, the gentleman was very cordial about the error and corrected it as we spoke. We also discussed a couple minor technical errors and he gave me the manufacturers contact info. I just spoke to them about it.

Regards,
    Dennis

Last edited: Mar 9, 2010
  6. dlshady

dlshady

Like maybe thse 427 emblems on the fenders? ;)

Glad you were able to get that straightened out!

Deron

7. 64Cyclone

64Cyclone

Very cool the the Bob Ford/Len Richter car is being offered as a collectable.

8. Dennis K.

Dennis K.
    from Detroit MI

We discussed the 427 flags, but I wouldn't expect them to be gone on the actual model of it.

Regards,
    Dennis

9. dlshady

dlshady

Here's one that I haven't seen posted so far. Its the Dobbs Ferry car after Jerry Caminito painted it red. Its the only new photo I've been able to come up with lately...... But I'm still lookin'!

Deron

Attached Files:

10. dlshady

dlshady

Any chance one of you guys might could scan that photo and post it?

Deron

11. dlshady

dlshady

OK, last question for the night. I saved this photo and I thought it was out of this thread but I've gone back 40 pages and can't find it, so now I don't remember where I found it. Which car is this?

Deron

Attached Files:

12. Dennis K.

Dennis K.
    from Detroit MI

Assuming "JB" is Grubby Jack, that should be the Southside Ford (IL) car.

Regards,
    Dennis

13. YellowLane

YellowLane

This goal of "identifying the 100 T-Bolts" is like a can of worms. :confused:

I only have 2 Tasca cars: Bill <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com[​IMG]</st1:City>Lawtons 10/15/63 and Skip Wilsons on 3/5/64. Is the Willis Ford car the 3<SUP>rd</SUP> Tasca car, and was it delivered on the same date as Skips, or is it Skips car at a another point in time? If it is Skips, which car is the 3rd Tasca car?

I apologize for being unclear. :eek: What I was trying to ask was, are these 3 photos of the same original Walker Ford?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 11, 2010
  14. Dennis K.

Dennis K.
    from Detroit MI

Willis Ford is the third car, delivered on the same day as the Skip Wilson car. Whether Skip picked the car up at Tasca or DST, I don't recall. It had to do with faster delivery, as the Tasca cars were already in the system.

The three photos you posted are all the same car in 1964. I think the paint scheme changed in June or July, 1964. When you mentioned "Hot Rod Reunion", I think NHRA at Bowling Green.

Regards,
    Dennis

15. YellowLane

YellowLane

Thanks again, Dennis!

I would like to say that I am close to a complete list, but that would be a lie. I still have stragglers and just when I think I am close someone inquires about cars that I have never heard of (i.e. Wake Forest, Niantic Motors, Hippodrome Ford,...). I saw this one posted, but never saw the details turn up on it. Can I get a recap?

Attached Files:

16. dlshady

dlshady

That's the Hagewood Motors car out of Ashland City, TN and was driven by Percy Dolen (or Dowlen). I know there's somebody here that can verify the correct spelling for me... ;) I'm diggin' the handprints on the trunklid!

The Hippodrome Motors car was driven by Clyde Felts and was out of Nashville, TN. I'm sure that photos exist of that car somewhere in someone's closet, but to my knowledge none have hit the public domain. If you find any I'm sure there are a lot of folks here other than me that would love to see them!

By the way, I just noticed we're on page 80 now!

Deron

17. 64Cyclone

64Cyclone

Yep that's the Hagewood Motors car driven originally by Percy Dowlen. Car #87 and delivered April 27th with an automatic which was soon replaced with a 4 speed.

I can see by alot of the more recent posts that you guys are figuring out the cars that are no known pics of. Pics of 90% of the cars (then or now) is do-able with some research. After that...good luck.

18. 64Cyclone

64Cyclone

19. spiertb

spiertb

Those last few pics are tough to come by. I've got 77 pics from '64 as raced; and 12 of '65 or later or restored; but am missing those last 11!! But it's an enjoyable adventure. Sylvanus

20. spiertb

spiertb

Yellowlane--a pic of the Niantic T-Bolt in restored to as delivered condition was posted here recently. Syl

21. mercuryjunky

mercuryjunky
    from arvada,co

Alan lewis photos

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

March 20, 1966: Capital Raceway; Glen Frazier’s Thunderbolt gets a handicap start against the injected Honker of Bud Faubel for second place. Faubel won with 10.39 @ 132 mph

22. dlshady

dlshady

I'm gonna have to guess that this is the Rod Tyler car later in life? Pappy Greenfield's car was another one that I recall being painted gold, and its wheelbase was never altered so you can rule it out. And there was the Metro Missile from St. Louis but something tells me this isn't it. There were probably other gold cars, just none that come to mind right now. Anybody know for sure?

Deron

PS: By the way, that's a great photo I haven't seen before. Thanks for posting it!

Attached Files:

23. YellowLane

YellowLane

Thanks for the encouragement guys! My wife thinks I am nuts. At least I know I am not alone out here. :eek: Are we all collecting the same particulates about each car? I have noticed a few guys are maintaining extensive details, too. Does anyone have the complete list of the original cars, yet? I need to know in order to maintain a goal.

I guess I am off to look for the Niantic T-Bolt in my pics or it is back to thread history. BTW, was there a Hill & Sanders Ford and a Jim Sanders Ford or were they the same dealer? After the Courtesy education, I am learning not to make any quick assumptions. :rolleyes:

Also, is there an entry-level T-Bolt thread where I can go to get caught up?

24. YellowLane

YellowLane

Great to hear! This quest may never end!
    Have you posted which ones you are missing? I know for a fact that I saw an original Collins Ford photo somewhere, kind of like that Walker Ford pic, but can't remember where and why I didn't burn a digital copy...:mad:

25. 64Cyclone

64Cyclone

The best resources are...

This thread of course

The T-bolt thread on oldhippie.com

Vintage drag pics for sale sites like John Durand's

Internet image searches on Yahoo and Google using pertinent keywords like Thunderbolt...Tbolt...64 drag pics etc.

26. dlshady

dlshady

Here's the OldHippie forun that 64Cyclone mentioned:

http://www.oldhippie.com/forums/ford-mercury-lincoln-forum/550-t-bolts.html

There's some good info there, but I don't recall seeing much, if anything that wasn't already posted here. Its still worth a look though.

Deron

27. dlshady

dlshady

Here's a couple quick questions before I head out to work.

Was Winkler Ford located in Asheville or Boone, NC. I've seen both listed for this dealership.

Was Mid City Ford in Baton Rouge, LA the original dealer for Sidney Foster's car? And did I read somewhere that his family owned the dealership?

Thanks,
    Deron

28. YellowLane

YellowLane

Thanks for the info.
    Can I squeeze-in a hypothetical question to you guys who are in the know, while I look for more photos to post? What would the current value be of an original Bolt (like say the Jack Sund car) in this kind of condition? No extra parts, just the complete damaged body core and a title.

Attached Files:

29. Dennis K.

Dennis K.
    from Detroit MI

Yes, that is the former Reynolds Ford car, around 1967 or later.

Regards,
    Dennis