Register now to get rid of these ads!

Another NC newbie...

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by rrbrucea, Mar 5, 2010.

1. rrbrucea

rrbrucea

Guess I should introduce myself. I'm Bruce and have been a car geek all my life. Got my dad to thank for that. He had all kinds of cars and collected all kinds of car stuff his whole life--cars, diecast, art, brochures, tin toys, T/Q midgets. You name it, if it had wheels he was into it... As soon as I can I'll get a couple pics of dad's '39 Willys coupe and '34 Ford convertible coupe posted up to show just how far back my rod roots go...

Most of my life I've been into muscle cars--mostly Mopars with a smattering of Bowties thrown in. But I could SO give up the muscle car stuff up for a rod... and it doesn't have to be much of a rod at that. The muscle car world can really get polluted with unimportant crap like matching numbers, paint daubs and OE restorations. Guess that's fine for some, but I want to drive the wheels off anything I have and also not be one of 100 just like mine at a show...

I've also been into drawing cars as long as I could hold a pencil. Been lurking here enjoying the Friday Art Shows and am awestruck by the talent the guys here have. Their art makes mine look like crap, but at least I'm making a nice side income with my art, am drawing constantly, and am the most prolific I've been in my entire life. So it's all good...

Look forward to meeting some of the guys local to me and to going to runs, shows and whatever to further torture myself with thoughts of a rod...

See y'all around!

2. farmer12

farmer12

Welcome from the Netherlands!

3. irace2win41

irace2win41

Welcome from Salisbury....

Rod

4. stretch 1320

stretch 1320

Welcome from west Ga.

5. 4dFord/SC

4dFord/SC

Welcome from Columbia in the other Carolina.

6. Welcome Bruce!

I'm in Greenville, NC. I grew up in Greensboro, where my brother still lives, and my dad is in Burlington. We'll have to hook up one weekend.

Have you been to the cruise-in at the Northern Tool at the Outlet Mall (J&M) on I-85? I went to one last summer....pretty good turnout with a wide variety of cars.

Again welcome and check out the NC social group for area happenings.

7. rrbrucea

rrbrucea

Hi Brett,
    Yep, we've been to that one... took the step-daughters' Mustang since my Runner is still in a million pieces in the garage. Wish spring would hurry up and get here so we can start getting out and active at the shows and cruise nights again!

8. KennyJr07

KennyJr07

Welcome from Kannapolis!

9. rrbrucea

rrbrucea

Dig that tail-dragger Kenny! That looks just like cars my dad used to sketch... :D

10. evilone0528

evilone0528

Hickory here.Welcome to the HAMB!

11. disorderlysaint

disorderlysaint

Welcome from Burlington. Bruce arent you or werent you in the Piedmont Mopar Club?

12. Sir Woosh

Sir Woosh

Welcome from Maryland! What part of North Carolina are you in? I visit my Dad near New Bern several times a year. Always looking for rod action when visiting, but seems rare. What little I've seen of your artwork looks great to me. Many different styles out there. Don't short yourself. Hope to see more of your work as we go...........
    Sir Woosh............

13. Steve-Cook

Steve-Cook
    from Garner, NC

welcome from garner

14. grapp

grapp

Hey another shout out from Salisbury!

15. dudley32

dudley32

welcome from fayetteville...

16. Welcome from Enochville, where are you in NC? Some of us on here may be your neighbors. Michael

17. rockguy92

rockguy92

Glad you're here with us
    Welcome from OHIO
    The Rock

18. rrbrucea

rrbrucea

Guilty as charged... was even president of the club. But I'm out of that club for the same reason that all the other guys who quit are out...

19. rrbrucea

rrbrucea

Thanks! Actually going to be taking a little weekend vacation to New Bern for the AACA Grand National in May. Hate to think what I just admitted there, yeah guys, I like RESTORED cars too! LOL!

20. 32Essex

32Essex
    from Texas

Welcome from North Texas!

21. rrbrucea

rrbrucea

I'm in Graham, right smack in the middle of the state...

And although off topic, here's what I did on Saturday:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

22. Hotrodbuilderny

Hotrodbuilderny

Welcome from Long Island

23. nitrojoe

nitrojoe
    from Midway,nc

welcome aboard