Register now to get rid of these ads!

Vintage shots from days gone by!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dog427435, Dec 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Is it just me, or do the first two cars in line at the light look hotrodded? The blue one looks to be running without the hood, and dumped in the front, and the one next to it looks like a Shoe box ford (51) that's been hardtopped. What's directly behind the blue one?

2. Custom54

Custom54

Awesome, thanks.

3. Here's an enlargement of the cars, kinda blurry though.

4. Kellogg's Rice Bubbles? That kicks ass, haha.

5. Good eye; looks like a Lincoln to me.

I was glomming on the Jag XK FHC in the lower left!

Dog! Details!!

6. tgd61

tgd61

Love those!!! So coool!! I have to say, and no offense to anyone out there, but check out the model A, I believe it is, with the 2 guys and one girl sittin in it. With the size of today's people it's hard to fit three people a breast in a full size Ford truck let alone a Model A!

7. ironfly28

ironfly28
    from Orange, CA

Blue car looks like a 51-53 olds to me and in the enlargement you can see a post on that shoebox business coupe definitely looks chopped though.

8. lewislynn

lewislynn

Well, to me the "shoebox" looks more like an early Pontiac and right behind that is an Austin Healey 3000.

What I especially like are 2 large <S>gas</S> service stations on opposite corners...That was obviously before there was one on every corner.

9. EEZI

EEZI

10. Scumdog

Scumdog

I just about cry when I think of those cool cars being just regular family/day-to-day cars, they are just so stylish and cool:cool:.

I bet in another 50 or so years todays bland boring collection of cars won't be remembered very fondly at all.!!

11. AntiBling

AntiBling

I'd think it'd be cool if everyone was driving those cool cars still as family and day to day cars, then we wouldn't have to put up with the crap that's on the road now, like Prius.

12. Russian

Russian

that would be very good for car manufacturers, if they make cars like from 30's-60's, but with new technologies of today inside the car (new technologies in old bodies), sales will go sky high in one day!!! :)

13. AntiBling

AntiBling

They've tried and failed miserably, Plymouth Prowler, PT Cruiser, HHR to name a few.

14. I wonder how one of the Corvette Sebrings (or SS or whatever) got on the same trailer as a 289 Cobra? And what is that car being pulled by the '58 (my guess) Cadillac?

15. Russian

Russian

yes, i have seen this cars and they really do suck, what i am talking about is totally identical body only with new engines and stuff

16. Ain't this what a Prius runs on? :D :D :D

[​IMG]

17. lewislynn

lewislynn

I don't know about that but it's true that cars today are built superior to the cars of the 50's etc.

A 1950's whatever when even a heater was an option was pretty much junk by the time it had 60,000 miles. And to cruise at 80 to 85 mph for hours would have been impossible to endure even when new...But the chrome was pretty.

18. GuyW

GuyW

Good thing those folks with the 250k mile Cadillacs didn't know this...

19. Well, in any event....I'd go back in a heartbeat. Specially after pouring over THIS thread everyday! Yeeha!

20. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

Same here.

21. This is Salem, IL looking South.

22. Flatheadguy

Flatheadguy

Year.....1948. This is a steam powered locomotive that my folks got me for my 5th birthday. We lived in Boston, but had a non-working farm in NH. That's where it was set up. Yes, it burned coal. I remember popping coal into the firebox. Made darn sure it was full of water.
    This "toy" would never be sold today...a potential bomb. There was a locomotive, coal car, two open top cars and a caboose. We had about 1/4 mile of track on the farm. My memory is fading about details. I do havbe 8mm films of me driving it around. I would like to know who built it and where. Anything? Anybody?

Last edited: Mar 7, 2010
  23. plym_46

plym_46
    from central NY

Backyard live steam railroad, that is just the titz...........................

24. WOW... what ever happened to it? That is some 'toy' you had.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.