Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Can't afford a 32 3 window, make one.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Hot Turkey, Jan 11, 2009.

1. Desert1957

Desert1957
    from Pa/Md

Congrats on your win!
    You sure earned it my friend , say what did you do for your water pump? just an OEM or did Edelbrock come through and overnight you a replacement. I must have missed any post about it sorry.

Desert

2. markjenks

markjenks

Whenever I put an intake on, I don't care what kind of gasket that they give you, but I always put a dab in each corner before I put the end gaskets down. I've had them leak almost every time if I didn't do it.

Now I don't even think about it, I just do it. Call it piece of mind.

3. GrantH

GrantH

bad ass car, cute daughter, and very cute boston. i have one of my own, best dog i've owned.

4. Hot Turkey

Hot Turkey

Yep, damn fine dogs!

5. Hot Turkey

Hot Turkey

I'm not happy with Edelbrock, they told me it was trash in the motor that made the impeller explode. I drove over 100 miles last friday to get a new Ford racing high flow pump and was up til midnight putting it back together. Got to the hotel at 2:30am. Just did make it to the show! I'll never buy anything Edelbrock again. Their loss not mine, very poor customer service.
    Trash in the motor! The only trash in my motor is their fucking junk impeller blades!!! There, I feel better.

6. Hot Turkey

Hot Turkey

I knew that when I did mine but the gap in the corners was much deeper because of the 351 heads. I just didn't see it under the intake gasket, my bad and wont happen again.

7. Jimmy Tee

Jimmy Tee

Hey HT..... You still owe us a Picture of the Trunk..... or is that a task for the future.

8. so i'm looking thru this thread (nice work BTW) and i see your guy spraying in an open shop with the door cracked open a good foot...

so you know i gotta ask...

how'd you guys do with dust nibs in the finish?

9. Kustom Komet

Kustom Komet

I've had two reverse rotation Edelbrock water pumps on 5.0 EFI engines fail, they didn't blow up but started leaking from the weep hole within a month or two. I've had the same thing happen to an aluminum Dove pump on an FE. I think that most aftermarket high volume pumps are junk, and I've never understood what the advantage of a higher than stock volume pump is anyway - the thermostat slows the flow of the water to keep it from moving too fast through the radiator - and thus not be in contact with the passages/fins long enough to cool - so trying to speed up the flow would have no, or negative benefit. Not trying to turn this into a boring water pump discussion, that just hit a nerve, that's all.

-KK

10. Hot Turkey

Hot Turkey

LOL, came out nice with a couple million hours of wet sanding.

11. Salty

Salty
    from Florida

Yes it did.....

and I'll be there right with ya here inna bit. (homebrewed paint goin on my 49 as well...)

12. Hot Turkey

Hot Turkey

Good luck!! Wet down the floor and get it done before the bugs come out, lol.

13. WhiteDevil

WhiteDevil
    from Wichita KS

Hey turkey you better get that car back together for the garlits show....you told me you were goin!

14. Hot Turkey

Hot Turkey

Carb should be here today, that's what the tracking number says. Our local cruise night is Friday night and the locals haven't seen her yet. Not to mention there's way too much tread on those rear tires!

15. Crey

Crey
    from Tejas

Wow... nice job man. I know it's not all about winning shows, but to take home that win must have felt pretty damn good. :D

Congratulations!

16. ronbo

ronbo

Great story! Car turned out absolutely gorgeous. What material is unsed for the interior??
    Thanks

17. Salty

Salty
    from Florida

Dude, I'm sure you understand....I can hardly move my hands they hurt so bad...litterally, it hurts to type....I officially could likley pull off a heist without gloves as I dont have any fingerprints....hell, I right about dont have fingernails either (peeled my index naill just about off)

Sanding sucks....smooth shiny paint does not...I'll keep sanding...

Whats next seeing as you just completed your 3 year journey?

18. spobanz

spobanz

You made the car and that is cool!

19. good.
    i just wanted to make sure that florida was not some miracle dust free zone!!!

Nice job.
    nice job.

20. Hot Turkey

Hot Turkey

Got a few ideas, not sure yet.

The dust I can deal with, the bugs here suck!

21. Hot Turkey

Hot Turkey

High end vinyl.

22. Ford52PU

Ford52PU
    from PA

beautiful car, turned out great, all your hard work paid off.
    Now time to enjoy it.

23. Hot Turkey

Hot Turkey

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 24, 2010
  24. painkiller

painkiller

" I've never owned a car that could spin the tires in every gear!"

Some video would be nice!! Please.:D

25. Hot Turkey

Hot Turkey

I took the coupe over to my grandad house, he and my uncle finally got to see her. The wife and I had fun driving over to Daytona during bike week and the bikers loved the car.
    [​IMG]

26. pvcerod

pvcerod
    from Australia

Now thats pure Gold right there........looks like they were in awe of your achievements Mate.........I would have the Pic blown up & Framed my Friend.:cool::)

27. Hot Turkey ... "Shelby's 3wd" turned out perfect ... just plain Bitchin! :cool: ... glad to see she finally got you to replace those awful blue plug wires! :rolleyes: :D

28. PoPo

PoPo

that is an awesome pic, if you do blow it up make it black and white, have them sign it and give it to Shelby for he 18th birthday with the car!!!

Can you get a close up shot of the area where the firewall meets the body? I was wondering how it turned out. I'm still in awe of this build!!

29. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

You look 16

30. AcmeRep

AcmeRep
    from Deland Fl

WTF Dave, Ya mean this is what you were doin' instead of takin' care of my lawn...You Bitch...Looks good, since you brought it by the house today