Register now to get rid of these ads!

a new look with old style? or just cheesy.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 65fordguy, Feb 25, 2010.

1. five-oh

five-oh
    from Arkansas
    1. HAMB Old Farts' Club

Yeah, it definately needs to come down a few inches. I've not made a breakfast in a while thanks to work and some personal issues- lost my dad back in November and it's been a bit rough dealing with that. I also bought an off topic fiberglas wonder ('93 Corvette) that's been occupying some of my time. Enough of a hijack, I'll catch you around.

2. 61TBird

61TBird

[​IMG]

3. 65fordguy

65fordguy

Sorry to hear about your dad. I have a soft spot for any corvette... even the 80s.. they would be at the bottom of the list but still would drive it. and love it. Im hoping one of these days to get a 1970 vette... next saturday hope ya can make it.

4. 65fordguy

65fordguy

well put... but, I have to admit I cant wait to see whats going to come up next.

5. mac762

mac762

Yup...Indian name...from the French and Greek tribes of Europe! :D

Webpedia says, Verdigris river gets its name from the Spanish word "Verde", (green), and the Spanish word, "gris" (grey). Spanish explorers came through here I guess.

As long as we took a hard right from the OT. Kick ass truck Five O. My Parent's had a SWB 59 that looked a lot like that. Same powder blue too.

6. 65fordguy

65fordguy

7. Redz Rodz

Redz Rodz

the truck that gevo has was built by me back in 86 took me about 2 years to get done i bought it as a stock truck green and with real deal patina after chopping and pro street'in i finished it off with flat black, sold to gevo at nat's east in 88 there wasn't many primered rod's back then, not saying the paint job he has on now is hateful but the green under all that work would be pricelees now, she had a super straight body, hell the wheels still had the white pin stipes on !!

8. badshifter

badshifter

Real patina (and real lettering)

Attached Files:

9. pinman 39

pinman 39

How do all these Fake Patina rigs have pretty wheels and Shiny Whitewalls .I have never seen anyone patina a set of Wide Whites or even run 3 whitewalls and one off colored wheel . I have run a mismatched set of hubcaps just for shits and giggles !
    There are a lot of board people out here if this is all we have to write about.

10. Hackerbilt

Hackerbilt

Ok, OK...:D...the VARIOUS warlike tribes of Europe! Hahaha

"I didn't expect a kind of Spanish Inquisition...." Monty Python :)

11. uc4me

uc4me

I am not a big fan of patina on boobs, real or fake :D

12. 26trackt

26trackt

Sorry if this is a repeat idea. I ran out of time & did not read the whole thread. Put a good laquer paint job on it & rub on it all the time. You will have slick shiny beautiful paint that will evolve into perfect True patina. Then start over when the mood strikes. Who says you can't have it all.

13. Licensed to kill

Licensed to kill
    from Alberta

Yup, and this EXACT same argument comes up occasionally on the muzzleloader building forum that I follow. This and arguing over what constitutes "traditional".

14. 29nash

29nash
    BANNED
    from colorado

Meanwhile, back at the ranch..............

15. Flamingo_57

Flamingo_57
    BANNED
    from Rolla mo.

nice truck bu fake patina is gay.

16. "Whitey Ford" 62 Uni

"Whitey Ford" 62 Uni
    from Tampa, FL

depends on the subject matter....like paint and tits...fake is good on some and bad on some. I think that truck looks good but man thats alot of work to make it look bad. If that makes sense. My truck has some rust and some issues and Im not touching it. I like the idea that people can touch my truck and its ok. Im not sure about that baby blue truck. Sorta weird to spend so much money to make something look like you didnt. Like the douche' bags who fix their hair messy and like they just got out of bed. How about leave it like when you got out of bed...douche's

17. The v-butt windshield looks out of place
    but that could just be me

18. RQuantz

RQuantz
    from Las Vegas

Not really a fan of the fake patina, though I have seen some that were nicely done. But at the end of the day, fake patina, no matter how well done is still noticeably fake and I think it takes away the 'coolness' of the cars with real patina.

Here's one with 100% real patina and real history. 55 Dodge flatbed used as a work truck for a A/C company. Last registered in 1978, it sat in a field in NW Vegas for over 30 years until it was rolled into my friend's property. It was going to be junked because the property it was on was sold for a housing development. My name is all over it and soon it wll be in my driveway. Just gonna clean her up and get the flathead V8 running again and enjoy it mostly the way it is.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. I was just thinking about this faux-tina shyte the other day. I can only recall a couple of cars done to where I thought that the car was as original as it was faux-tinad to be. I think it was the Round-up coverage that got me thinkin'...if you show up somewhere and 50% of the other vehicles there have the same shitty patina and sanded off lettering job as you...do you not feel a little like- boy, I'm original.

I run into the same trendy crap in kustom tractor trailer building. One guy has a fresh, new, kool idea and in no time, unimaginative sheep kill that koolness. Guys like Bass know what I'm talking about...forge your own path.

20. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

I'm putting fake shiney paint on my car.

21. Slorolnlow

Slorolnlow
    from Florida

It takes a lot of work to get old worn out paint to look nice and shiny.I imagine it takes some work to make nice shiny paint look worn out.As a regular guy that works hard to improve the appearance of his junk,it's kind of a poke in the eye to see backwards progress in the name of trendiness.Either way it's your car.Do what you like.But from experience,if you paint it up and drive the balls off it,it will eventually look like old shit too.

22. Tinbasher

Tinbasher

Patina: Not enough money to do it right. Customers in the restoration shop would like to leave the original interior because it had a nice "Patina"

Yea Right!!!!

The Old Tinbasher

23. Nice truck I like it.

24. kordd

kordd

i have seen you downtown colo springs!! love that car i had no idea the font clip was faked that is by far the best match up i have seen.. either way its down right perfect. i wouldn't change a thing!

25. kordd

kordd

all i can say is if your car/truck is rusty and has character dont put primer on it in little spots!!!! lol i always end up with a car that had a beautiful patina but some a hole hit it with gray primer then it just looks terrible to me imo. i love good ol sitting in a field for 30 40 years untouched patina=better than a $10,000 paint job! granite it was a good color to start with haha.