Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration ***Friday Art Show is in Business*** 3/4

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Clysdale, Mar 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. erock805

erock805

Way Cool Ryan!

2. James66g

James66g

This thing is blowing my mind!

Attached Files:

3. Hinson

Hinson
    from Md

See? That's what I mean. I don't even know what 'keylines' refers to. Like I always tell folks, "I can't draw water, much less a pitchur!' :)

4. rrbrucea

rrbrucea

Keylines are the black outlines surrounding an object and in the case of my art the highlights and inner shapes as well. Let's just say keylines don't typically occur naturally and while they have their place in art they aren't always necessary OR desirable... There's a thought, someone needs to build a rod that's outlined in black. We can call it the "Keyliner"... :D

5. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

T-shirts please... :D

Charcoal please...

6. I'm wondering if something like it has been done (I think everything has been done)? Probably need to put the axles on top of the frame.

7. I finally get a chance to set down and check in and here we are, already on page 5.
    Page 6 to follow soon...
    I'll have to go through the whole show in a while but, from what I see so far on page
    1 & 5, I'm in for a treat... amazing work gang!

Here's some details and reworks of some of my older stuff for now:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Toyghoul

Toyghoul
    from SPOKANE

Great stuff everyone.

Attached Files:

9. zombie

zombie

kick ass show fellers. way too much cool stuff to list. i just want to mention a couple. clysdale, super cool evel drawing. fourty pick up, i love the bubble top. of course i have have a bubble top fetish. gary, love the red lines. spoggie, i always love your stuff. the coupe is way cool. dig the water color. bo monster, i have really been enjoying your stuff the last few weeks. grpb, very nice. mlomaka, great concept. meteor, i love the gasser. rrbrucea, great stuff. slide, i love that design. very cool. ger, dig it. jones foyer, i love both ideas. the roadster reminds me of the one parked out front of lee chapel's speed shop. cix pack, always dig your stuff. mark, i love it brutha.

here is a new one i just finished up for hotrod chassis and cycle. it's a 62 buick mild custom.

[​IMG]

10. dart165

dart165

2 different proposals for a dude on possible directions for his 36.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. Coupe-De-CAB

Coupe-De-CAB
    from Nor Cal

I dig this and would love to see it on a shirt someday... i have a soft spot for all things E.K. a childhood hero/inspiration of mine:)
    great work!
    peace†
    cab

12. NateGreco

NateGreco

Awesome work this friday...haven't had mush time to myself lately ..so I'm taking this week off! I had been putting so much time to prepare for the Billetproof FL Show I really needed to cool off. But here's a shot of my vendor spot from the show.... sold a ton of prints and met a lot of great folks!
    [​IMG]

13. krome

krome

these are dope

14. synthsis

synthsis

well, it looks like me and Clysdale started a Friday Art show thread 1 minute apart, and his survived. haha. Here's my stuff from this week.

Shot this the other day, playing with HDR:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And the run down Hardware store in town:
    [​IMG]

15. Everyone's stuff is cooooool !!
    Incredible talent here !!!
    Dart 165: that black 36 is the bomb !!
    Here is all I have this week - just ripped off a quick sketch - I do not measure up to most on here, but here goes... :eek::eek:
    I was thinking of the early days of customs here - Westergard, Straight 8, deep chop (I know - ought to have a carson), Sombreros and skirts... I Love that look! :)

Attached Files:

16. Hey Chad, kool ammo box there buddy, where were you Friday night after the show for dinner and bevereages? Thought you guys were coming over to the Holiday Inn. You missed a fun night. We just need to arrange things better for next year I guess! Tell your wife it was nice to meet her as well. Punch Todd in the arm for me too,ha,ha! He'll understand.

17. Carpet Bomber

Carpet Bomber
    from Minnesota

Off-topic 'stang, but thought I'd share anyways.

[​IMG]

18. WhateverWeber

WhateverWeber

Hey, Happy Friday!:D

I kept scrolling down and kept saying WOW that's friggin cool, wow THAT'S friggin cool!
    GREAT show EVERYBODY....I just wanted to play too. Sorry it's O/T
    [​IMG]

19. Display case, soon to be filled with Flying Eyeball pins,
    and headed to the Lone Star Roundup.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 5, 2010
  20. Indocil Art

Indocil Art

Great stuff I think I have seen the drawing for that last one! HAHA Love the middle one Mike. I too am glad to see your work on here. Killer

21. Deadender60

Deadender60

By Rod Powell (RodP on here) Used to be my dad's motorcycle helmet.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

-Juan

22. David, love that Evel!

Odd Rodney, glad to see ya back on here bro! Can't wait to see what ya cook up for Cali Screamin'.

Nate, so the Billetbooth experience was a good one then..? Awesome! Wish I coulda made it out for it.

23. Bryan & Sarah

Bryan & Sarah

Message board art...kinda looks like neon when you're done!!Got it at Spencers, if you're wondering.

Attached Files:

• 283.JPG
      283.JPG
      File size:
      239.7 KB
      Views:
    • 284.JPG
      284.JPG
      File size:
      253.8 KB
      Views:
  24. neon charly

neon charly

i know its not much, but i helped a customer of mine with his display case for his 1951 pontiac. he wanted just a little touch of neon to make his display stand out.
    [​IMG]

25. Nice, Neon Charly! I have a 51 amber head Pontiac hood ornament on my mantel. Does the head light up on your display?

26. THAT took some heat! LOOK at that AXLE! Can you say "camber!"?

27. WHAT! No '77 Monte Carlos???? (Just pullin' yo' chain! Hope it ain't gold.)

Nice work!!!!

28. neon charly

neon charly

no, he didnt want it to light up for some reason.....i think hes gonna have a spotlight on it?

29. Hinson

Hinson
    from Md

Thanks for the info, Bruce. Just goes to prove that you're never too old to learn.

30. Mark Weaver was my roommate briefly when I was in college! I saw his picture from the show, looked like a lot of fun.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.