Register now to get rid of these ads!

KKOA Leadsled Spectacular info Please!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by luciomduran, Mar 2, 2010.

1. luciomduran

luciomduran

My brother and I are thinking about driving out to Salina to catch the KKOA Leadsled Spectacular this year. Has anyone been or have picture of previous events? Share your stories and experiences. Thanks.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2010
  2. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

Last edited: Mar 2, 2010
  3. Great show, worth the drive! This is also the 30th anniversay and in a much larger park than before. Should be an even bigger better show this year.

4. Kan Kustom

Kan Kustom

You wont see the same kind of show anywhere else!Its a one of a kind.

5. wizzard23

wizzard23

You won't be disappointed! Cool cars, Friday night Drags, and good music.:D

6. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

I drove over 700 miles for last year's show. I enjoyed myself greatly. Just watch out for the unsavory characters that are native to the area. DO NOT trust anybody that lives within 100 miles of Salina, KS.

If you want photos, contact Travisfromkansas on here.

7. low-n-slo54

low-n-slo54

What the hell man?!

8. LOWLIDX50

LOWLIDX50

9. BCR

BCR

Ellis to Salina...110 miles = BCR is trustworthy! Oh yea!!

Great show and the drags on Friday are a hoot.

10. decayed40

decayed40

Drove my forty damn near 30 hours one way last year, and it was worth every mile! so much so ill see ya there this year! the drags at the air strip were great , its a great time.

11. LOWLIDX50

LOWLIDX50

12. ckustoms

ckustoms

great show to go to, usually very hot. we end up with eight to ten cars in our group if you want to tag along..dave

13. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Don't get your panties in a wad.......it's a joke, he's refering to his best buds that live in the area.:rolleyes:

14. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

Relax about the Bobwop comment -----------he is joking. He is good at putting his foot in his mouth. Speaking of his big damn foot-----he ran over it last year at the drags with his own car! hard to do actually......the guy has talent.....ha ha.

15. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

I would like to return this year, as the show promises to be better.

It would make sense for me to put my wallet in my front pocket to keep it from getting stolen, but then I would actually feel the butt-grabbing.

bad enough a guy gets his leg rubbed.

all BS aside, a great show, one of my favorites.

16. Abomb

Abomb

That wasn't me......although I do like you and wish you would bring my Willys back to KS.....

17. Abomb

Abomb

It would be hard for me or you to do, but, with a guy that has basically the same dimensions as bigfoot, I could see it happening.......

18. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

Very very true Chris!

19. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

meeting great guys like Chris (Abomb) and Bruce (EnginePro5X) were highlights for me. Running into old friends like Denise (Hotrodladycrusr), Gary (Hotrodroadster) and Rob Lee (rob lee) is always an unexpected treat. Hanging out with guys like Paul (povertyflats) and Dick (cuzndeke), well what can I say.

awesome hotrods and customs

way cool flag-drop racing on Friday night.

20. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

We get lots of famous folks at this show including Denise.

21. Wow Bob !!! I just damn glad The Sausage Capitol is 101 mi from Salina !!! >>>>.

22. Abomb

Abomb

Seeing as I've just spent the majority of my annual bonus on my "new" 55, I should be making a return trip this year....time will tell, but I bet the 55 Chevy makes it down the race track, instead of sitting in the parking lot like the 55 Buick.

23. HRod 50

HRod 50

Seriously, they have to have one of the worse websites on the internet. Its a shame when the content is so incredible, and the site, crap!!!!

24. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

"The Caddy Boys" will be rolling thru Oberlin Thursday about noon if you want to tag along with us...

R-

[​IMG]

25. Abomb

Abomb

Sounds good Roger, hopefully work allows me to go again this year.

26. One of my FAVORITES..........Kid friendly too!
    And I understand there is a NEW Water Park across from the new location!

Kansas + August = HOT AS HELL!

Don't forget to stop in Abilene for Chicken at the Brookville Hotel on Saturday night!!!

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

27. wahoo54

wahoo54
    from Oklahoma

I went for the first time last year. Drove my 54 Chevy from Ne Oklahoma to Salina and promptly broke down 20 miles before getting there. (Fuel Pump problem that had me scratching my ass for 2 days.) I had so so many people help me, drive me to a parts store, trouble shoot and even had Janet (Can't remember her real name) from the show "Three's Company" come out of her room numerous times to offer drinks and help as well.. Had a great time. We got her running witht a 6 volt electric fuel pump on day 2 and had a blast the rest of the time. Next time I'll take along a lot of extra parts and plan to stay at the same host hotel again. Great great people and a lot of fun.

28. LOW LID DUDE

LOW LID DUDE
    from Colorado

I have been to 3 of them,driven from Thornton Colorado.I got many smiles per gallon.The drive is half the fun.Salina is a blast.I will be there in the gold Airflow.Hurry and get your Motel res.Plenty of motels but they are getting booked due to so many cars coming.The one we usually go to was booked 6 months prier .The headquarters was booked full last year. You won't be disappointed oh yea the people there are very nice.The business there welcome with open arms.The advance auto parts store helped us out big time when we needed parts and tools,Right Roger?LOL.

29. yblock292

yblock292

we will again this year meet at the Kansas coliseum , probably, Thursday morning and led the pack to the show. We have had as many as 25 cars in the caravan before, its a gas!Will post more as it gets closer.

30. FRITZ

FRITZ
    BANNED

Salina is the best car event you will ever go to, Hands down! Jerry Titus puts on a fantastic show! you just have to go or your square!
    FRITZ