Register now to get rid of these ads!

Detroit Autorama Ridler 2010

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by greg32, Dec 24, 2009.

1. Harms Way

Harms Way

This years winner,.....

[​IMG]

OK, I'm not on the Judging staff,... ( I did talk to several of my friends that are, they all seem to think the competition gets tighter every year)......

However,... My favorite from the "Great 8" was this one,...... but like I said (I ain't one of Da' Judges) :cool:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 1, 2010
  2. Special Ed

Special Ed

Lighten up, Francis...
    Someone asked; "I wonder how much of that is in labor?" in questioning costs of a build. I answered their question by furnishing a point of reference. The information I supplied was taken from a newspaper article, where the builder was quoted. Nobody is mad, and everything is in perspective. Get a grip...

3. yeah,
    i saw it
    it had "dead on" incredibly gay gold plated dayton type gangsta wheels on it
    spot on if youre snoop dog:D

4. Harms Way

Harms Way

If it were shown, your right, it would be ineligible for the "Great 8",... the only car I think they had a original question about was the light green kind'a deuce roadster thingy" ,..... built by the same guy as the tan one a few years ago. turns out it was a whole new ugly adaptation,....... pretty obvious in these pictures,.....

WARNING: those with sensitive eyes,.... turn back now !:D

Sorry about my outspoken dislike for these cars,... ( the craftsmanship is awesome) but I really just don't like either of them,.... (IMHO) I guess thats why I should never hold my breath waiting for them to ask me to join the Judging staff. :cool:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 1, 2010
  5. NITROFC

NITROFC
    BANNED

It should not be too long before this post get yanked like the past 3 that showed the Non- Trad cars ..........

6. eaglebeak

eaglebeak

"If you can't please everybody, may as well please yourself" or words to that effect.
    Ricky Nelson..."Went to a garden party...."

7. Byron Crump

Byron Crump

Well at the risk of stirring more garbage up on one of these posts (yes, many have told me my opinion stinks) the thing that still sticks out to me is overall, even in you hate high tech etc., is that the Detroit winners over the years tend to me more aesthetically pleasing overall than a good percentage of the AMBR winners. This is just my opnion and goes back to the thing I complained about when the AMBR cars were discussed.

Edit: I am of course talking about recent decades, some of the 70s for both were pretty bad.

8. Harms Way

Harms Way

I'm with you there Buck-a-rooo,... this year was the first year that the AMBR had a "first time shown" policy. Something the Ridler has had sence the inception.

However, no matter how you slice it, the Detroit Autorama and the GNRS,.. (Formerly known as the Oakland Roadster Show,.. I like that better :D) are the World Series & Super Bowl of show car events. with a very long and distinguished history.

9. DirtyWoody28

DirtyWoody28

[/QUOTE]I agree, it's pretty much the ultimate street rod award, or so it seems. Though it would be cool to see someone buck the trend and build the most bitchin' traditional ride ever and put it in there. I think it'd really set some on their ears.[/QUOTE]

I don't know if anyone has picked up the new "street rodder" magazine (april) yet but the patina tan 32 coupe, the blue roadster, and the two modifieds (both hambers) featured in it are just about as perfect as you can get in my eyes I LOVE all 4 of them. Im not a huge fan of patina but that coupe is bad!!!

10. I have no problem with high tech cars and find a lot of really neat things in most of them but this years Great 8 seemed to be a bit cheesy looking for me. The last few years entries seemed to have a more classy look to them and less of a blinged out look. I do like Steve's Dodge truck and for those who haven't seen the build pics on his site it is worth a look.

http://www.stevesautorestorations.com/projects.php?projid=15&ptype=1

11. Harms Way

Harms Way

[/QUOTE]I agree, it's pretty much the ultimate street rod award, or so it seems. Though it would be cool to see someone buck the trend and build the most bitchin' traditional ride ever and put it in there. I think it'd really set some on their ears.[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]I don't know if anyone has picked up the new "street rodder" magazine (april) yet but the patina tan 32 coupe, the blue roadster, and the two modifieds (both hambers) featured in it are just about as perfect as you can get in my eyes I LOVE all 4 of them. Im not a huge fan of patina but that coupe is bad!!![/QUOTE]

That 3/W caused quite a sensation on here in July of 09 :D
    Now it's locked up tight as Fort Knox.
    Heres the link.

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/s...+junkyard+find