Register now to get rid of these ads!

39 chevy help ?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by spike40, Feb 27, 2010.

1. spike40

spike40

Hopefully this is in the right place.
    I'm working on a 39 1/2 ton and I shortened A frame from a 1 1/2 ton truck, and I'm getting ready to mount the bed and dont know the space between the cab and bed , If someone has a truck and could tell me the distance at the center of the cab to bed, I would be greatful as I have no holes or splash aprons to locate the bed.
    Any help would be great.
    Thanks Spike.

2. Blue Moon Garage

Blue Moon Garage

See if these will help........can't get accurate measurement with the storage box in place. Looks like 1/8". Not sure back of cab is perfectly straight but the bed definitely is.

Attached Files:

3. spike40

spike40

Ya this is a huge help, I was thinking the space was a lot larger than that. So after work tom I'll get to work and drill some holes and mount the bed. Thanks for the pic's they are a big help, it always seems to help when you can look at a pic, and have a referance.
    Thanks Spike !!:D

4. scottybaccus

scottybaccus

I'm not mounting mine that close. I've seen too many banging the cab. I am leaving about 3/4".

5. Same here...

6. Mine has a stock gap of about 1/4"-3/8" and it has never hit the cab. I think that I would not go closer then 1/4". 3/4" would look fine though, so if you are worried then go wider.

Jaysin

7. spike40

spike40

Well I'm think I'll go with the stock gap so I can just use stock splash aprons. Because I'm gonna go full fendered , just because there are not any like this arround me.
    Thank's everyone for the input ; Spike:D