Register now to get rid of these ads!

"In the still of the Night", Detroit Autorama , In the Witching hours,......

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Harms Way, Feb 27, 2010.

1. Deuces

Deuces

Don't ya just love those old Doo Wopp songs??? :) I know I do :).. And I'm only 49 years old. By the way..... Cool pics man!! Thanks for posting those!! I just might make it down there tonight after mom's 70th birthday bash and take some pictures... I hope!

2. Doc.

Doc.
    Member Emeritus

Cool pics, thanks for posting them. Is the Red Baron a clone?

Doc.

3. Thanks for the pics mr. night watchman! That black roadster rocks!

4. 29 bones

29 bones
    from so cal

thanks for the pics..

5. Rich1028

Rich1028

thanks for posting up the pictures!!

6. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

I wish I could of gotten pics when the crowd went home but had a great time and now its going to take me a couple days to get rested up after that trip.

7. "harms way" do you work for cobo or something?

wish I could have got in to get some nice picts, I'm a photographer and it's a bitch trying to take picts when 20 people walk in front of the camera

8. Harms Way

Harms Way

Nope,.... it's the real deal !,.... A lot of us old Detroit guys were really pleased that they chose Chuck Miller as "Builder of the year",... He is a Legend, and a A#1 great guy,... He never bought into the celebrity status thing,... just a fellow car guy that always has time for his old pals.

MHRA has put on the show from the very first one in 1953, I am a proud member of the "Road Knights Auto Club", Detroit" Est. 1951 and a charter club of MHRA,... We never trust these cars to just Cobo security,... So MHRA has always posted our own security detail to keep a eye on things,....
    That would include me and a number of other guys in the Association,.... Been doing it for quite a while now. :)

9. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

Thats awesome, thanks Dennis for you and your clubs service..
    I was there today and it was one question i was asked by my wife, "who watches all this stuff when the owners are back at home or sleeping"?

Thanks to you and your club members

10. captain scarlet

captain scarlet
    from Detroit

Dennis,

A pleasure to meet you today, thanks for watching over everything over in the dark of night. Please pass on thanks to all your friends aswell

Martyn

11. oldebob

oldebob
    from Spokane WA

Great to see these pictures of the Mack car that we haven't seen before. Thanks for the show pic's also.

12. thats cool! I always wondered who watches over the cars, a ton of money in that building over those 3 or 4 days

13. Great pictures Dennis and a very big thank you and the other MHRA guys who do security there at night.We had some some misgivings about leaving out a lot of stuff at the Pinstriper's Charity Auction site but I see that we need not have worried.
    Just got home a little while ago after spending the weekend there painting and this is the only way I(and most of the other stripers)get to see the show is through the pictures that are posted here.
    I agree 100% with you that it is all about seeing old friends and reminiscing about old times and remembering the ones who are no longer with us.That was my weekend and I will cherish the memories of it forever.Hopefully we may meet sometime;it sounds like we have much in common.

14. Harms Way

Harms Way

I really dig meeting other HAMB'ers and always look forward to it, because it's like you pretty much know them before you meet them,....

Just wanted to ad this,.. My ol' buddy Clyde now has a cool pair of bookends, Last year he brought E.J. Potters "Bloody Mary" the first of E.J.'s V8 bikes,... now he also owns WIDOWMAKER #7 E.J.'s last bike,.... the one he set all the records with.

When you check out the caster on Bloody Mary,... you wonder how he kept it upright 75% of the time

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. Kan Kustom

Kan Kustom

Oh Man! That 30/31 roadster! Thanks for the pics!

16. Ram Mosher

Ram Mosher

40 Pontiac Coupe built in Delaware

17. Jon Lundberg

Jon Lundberg

Frank Mack's roadster from "the day", oh yeah! And how about Marty Ribbit's roadster. We had a car show in Lansing mid-Feb of 1957. Jerry brought the 40 Merc. Sunday night the temp outside in freezing rain & snow was about ZERO. Going from the inside at 60-degrees to the outside the metal on Yach's Merc shrunk, but NOT THE LACQUER PAINT. You could hear it crack on the way down our ramp. One of the most sickening sounds EVER.

18. Harms Way

Harms Way

A couple pictures from the 50th.

Thats Goldbrick next to Romandago
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

All 7 of the MHRA clubs put together a showcase of our individual clubs history,.. I got a chance to work on ours, along with a couple friends in our club. A whole lot of memories behind that glass.

[​IMG]
    This is me with the display about 3 minutes before we took it apart,....

19. SB5332

SB5332
    from NEW YORK

Leroy did the car right.........................

20. Slim Pickens

Slim Pickens

Thanks TONS Dennis. Slim

21. layin_frame_56

layin_frame_56
    from Ohio

All I can say is this show was just awesome and thankx for the cool pics harmsway. This was the first time I went to the show and I am still kickin myself in the ass for not going in years past but I am a lifer for sure now.

22. milner3268

milner3268
    from buffalo NY

again thanks for reading our babys bedtime storys .2010 was my first time showing there with my 60 impala conv. there were 3 from our club showing. this year we are not showing but we all chartered a bus for the weekend, planning a big club display for the big one next year THANKS again and GREAT pics

23. right on, thanks.:cool::cool:

24. k32t

k32t
    from Hog town

Very cool thanks!