Register now to get rid of these ads!

custom 56 buick pics?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hellcat666, Feb 28, 2010.

1. hellcat666

hellcat666

Anyone have pics of a 56 buick with differnt rear wheel wells aside from the stock radius looking ones? or any other custom 56 buick pics? thanks

2. Been lurking for a while, guess this is the best post to get back into it. 56 buicks are my favorite so here ya go

Attached Files:

3. belair

belair

That green one is kind of neat. Hard to beat the factory, though.

4. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

thank you, that green one is mine. I was pleased to see somebody found my pics.

I like the 55's better, for some reason. Dagmars?

5. rat pink

rat pink
    BANNED

this was mine be for the chop and swap...are we building one or just a fan?

Attached Files:

6. Yeah, rat pink is right..... you building one, or just a fan..... if you're building one, let's see some pics as it sits now

7. hellcat666

hellcat666

thanks for the pics guys those cars are all very nice, i realy need to find pics of a 56 with different rear wheel well openings

8. I believe Bobwop's green one i posted had different wheel wells in the back. those look like 54 buick maybe? Bob? 56 was the first year that all the models went to a full wheel well, if memory serves me right. or was it 55?

What style are you looking to do on yours/ customers? maybe some one could photoshop it for you?

9. 57JoeFoMoPar

57JoeFoMoPar

We've been batting the idea of Olds or Chevy wheel arches around . None of us are huge fans of the full radius in the factory form, but the trim works with it, so if you change one you need to change the other. Not that that's an issue, but we'd need to get a cohesive plan in place before an arc is struck.

10. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

11. Well if you go with the olds or chevy, you might be able to get the 54 buick rear half of the side trim to work with it.... take a look at the 54's

12. belair

belair

I've got a green 55 2dht, and I like the '56 a little better. The venti-ports(?) are swoopier, and the grille is prettier to me.

13. hellcat666

hellcat666

any1? bueller?

14. 57JoeFoMoPar

57JoeFoMoPar

Any more pics of that kickass Special in red oxide (?) and cream with the skirts?

15. Lumpster

Lumpster

I love those old Buicks but never liked the wheel wells either. It just don't seem right to see the entire rear wheels on a 50's car. I know where a big ol' 58 Buick is just sitting and rotting away but haven't got up the courage to knock on the door and see if it's for sale. Well , that and the fact that Ive got enough trouble with my asshole neighbors & codes already......

16. 57JoeFoMoPar

57JoeFoMoPar

Russ, Post some pics of your 56. Maybe a good profile shot

17. elanore56

elanore56

here is a few pic's of my 56.
    <TABLE style="FLOAT: left; MARGIN: 5px; WIDTH: 164px; HEIGHT: 168px" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=smallfont vAlign=center align=middle>[​IMG] </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE style="FLOAT: left; MARGIN: 5px; WIDTH: 164px; HEIGHT: 168px" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=smallfont vAlign=center align=middle>[​IMG] </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE style="FLOAT: left; MARGIN: 5px; WIDTH: 164px; HEIGHT: 168px" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=smallfont vAlign=center align=middle>[​IMG] </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE style="FLOAT: left; MARGIN: 5px; WIDTH: 164px; HEIGHT: 168px" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=smallfont vAlign=center align=middle>[​IMG] </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE style="FLOAT: left; MARGIN: 5px; WIDTH: 164px; HEIGHT: 168px" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=smallfont vAlign=center align=middle>[​IMG] </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE style="FLOAT: left; MARGIN: 5px; WIDTH: 164px; HEIGHT: 168px" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=smallfont vAlign=center align=middle>[​IMG]</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

18. Elanore56... i really love that grille insert. is that something you built, had built for you, or ordered?

19. hellcat666

hellcat666

elanore56. that is one sharp car lots of luck with it looks great.

20. Tiki Wagon

Tiki Wagon

Here s mine... Only Mild Kustom, but cool I think

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

21. love'56. i remember when i was a kid, my old man wanted one but couldn't afford it. if he had, i'd still have it.

22. Erwin

Erwin

I used to think the '55 Buick 2 door cars would look good with the low-cut rear wheel opening used on 4 doors. The layout is a winner on the '55 Chev; just as good on 2 door Buick. No side trim modification necessary. Just swap to the 4 door pieces.
    Stock treat is fine,though.

23. chopolds

chopolds
    from howell, nj
    1. Kustom Painters

Russ, I can see your point about trying to customize it, perhaps try to improve it. My take is why would you want to make it look like any other Chevy/Olds/Pontiac? The Buicks were the only ones (cept 55 Nomads) with open wheelwells, so anything you do to it will make it look less Buick-y. Lots of work to hide it's heritage, so to speak.
    I'd just run a REAL nice set of wheels on it to show off the open wheel well look. I've got a brand new set of SKylark wires and radial WWW's in my garage, a customer's. They are for sale! (I know you probably don't like radials, but I'll throw it out there anyway)

24. 57JoeFoMoPar

57JoeFoMoPar

That's a good point Mark, though I don't totally agree. Lots of ideas have been running through my head about this build.

I propose a NJ Kustom builders summit at JJ Bittings! Where the ideas can flow like wine... and beer!

25. hellcat666

hellcat666

Russ, I can see your point about trying to customize it, perhaps try to improve it. My take is why would you want to make it look like any other Chevy/Olds/Pontiac? The Buicks were the only ones (cept 55 Nomads) with open wheelwells, so anything you do to it will make it look less Buick-y. Lots of work to hide it's heritage, so to speak.
    I'd just run a REAL nice set of wheels on it to show off the open wheel well look. I've got a brand new set of SKylark wires and radial WWW's in my garage, a customer's. They are for sale! (I know you probably don't like radials, but I'll throw it out there anyway)
    <!-- / message --> <!-- sig --> __________________

haha its funny mark cuz im actualy the one who doesnt wana touch the wheel wells at all, its bill and joe that are insisting on it, i just threw this post up to see if there were any other buicks done like that so i can get an idea of how it would look, though i dont totaly love the open wheel well on the car, i realy cant see putting anything else. il take a look at thoughs tires and im not like the traditional police, i wana drive my car and drive it fast so i wouldnt put anything besides radials on it haha. i just got home tonight and discoverd a pinhole in the radiator. shooting antifreez 10 feet across my driveway so befor and tires are mounted, wheel wells replaced or paint laid, i gota fix that haha,