Register now to get rid of these ads!

Lowriders

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Groucho, Aug 3, 2009.

1. bonez

bonez
    from Slow lane

Must agree w/ Miguel.
    But i also have a doubt. Layin' being the main thing here
    i think that maybe the car wasnt lifted nor bagged, so thats why
    he had to put bigger wheels in......if it was it wouldnt make any sense would it?
    Sill aint right for here!

2. T42

T42

Wow....thats the inspiration I need to get my newest project going!!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. Leroy 701

Leroy 701

[​IMG]

Absolutely a beautiful car. Well done man!

4. WOW! How did I miss this one? Fucking bad ass!

5. I don't remember if I posted tis one yet. I bought it from Javier about 4 yrs ago. It's in Australia now I heard.

[​IMG]

6. bonez

bonez
    from Slow lane

Hey T dude! Did you get this from Mike? I drooled all over this car thinkin just how much i would love to make it look like Skidmark's!
    Keep the wheels bro, w/ a buff they will kill it!

Groucho, i dont know if you posted that already but i didnt! :D
    Skidmarks Olds is on page 5 i believe i think its incredibly well done, and
    has a violent Lee Pratts 58 vibe to it!
    Javier cars are also hard!

Attached Files:

7. Wow, I forgot about those pics from Mooneyes open house. I think that's R.F.'s amazing Chevy next to it

8. bonez

bonez
    from Slow lane

Cant really leave this one out after the Olds.....im just sorry i dont have a decent pic w/ hood e trunk shut!
    And w/out the creepy "figure" in the back seats :D

on a side note, im uploadin on a fotki page a ton of old lowrider pics, its takin me ages cause i dont have a connection home and im doin it during the spare time at work.
    Theres goin to be a lot of stuff, all divided by make or wathever, like GM cars/FoMoCo.....or Cruisin pics/draggin.....and so on, so its gonna be easy to look for what you wannna see.
    Anyways, if you have old scans please lemme know about'em, even better if you have old pics yet to be scanned! :D

Attached Files:

9. T42

T42

Yeah, got it from Mike....I wanted this car since last august when he first put it up here for sale! Finally sold my 51 Belair and drove all the way to freekin Mich. in the snow to pick it up! I love it! But the wheels are gonna go.....I never liked them, even back in the day....besides, they are too far gone to just buff up...and the tires are dry rotted. Im gonna go with chrome reverse and baby moons w/thin whitewalls.

Here it is at Mike's......
    [​IMG]

10. Lunatic

Lunatic
    from Carson,Ca.

that's a kool ride

11. Leroy 701

Leroy 701

[​IMG]

Beautiful flow, GM was killin it in the late 50's early 60's.
    How the mighty have fallen :(

12. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

Yes, the convex rear window is called a sports coupe offeredin a caprice or an Impala. The Caprice side trim is twice as wide as the Impala`s.Go to 1969chevy.com Idid haveTrueSpokeClassics, now Ihave widewhites and 57 Caddy hubcaps. need to learnn how too post and type...

13. Philbilly

Philbilly

Simply amazing!

14. JRO

JRO

I love supremes, wire wheels, and smoothies. The more Im on this site, the more I want to put supremes on my Caddy!!

Here is a pic of my Caddy on smoothies and another pic on wire wheels...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. Hoodlum Jim

Hoodlum Jim

Yeah man, that thing would look killer with Supremes on it!! Maybe ask one of the talented guys in the Photoshop thread to put some on that side profile pic to see how it looks!!

And how SWEET is this Olds? Man i love it!!
    [​IMG]

16. 133

man that is a sweet car minus the taillight treatment. good luck with your project.

17. chrisclarkcustoms

chrisclarkcustoms
    from las vegas

Attached Files:

18. There isn't any pre-64 american car that doesn't look better with reverse astros and thin whitewalls. YOWZA!

19. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

that green and silver caddy looks tough on the wires (hate the smoothies)..

20. JRO

JRO

Your like the 2nd person Ive run into that doesnt like smoothies. Alot of people say they go great with my car.

21. bonez

bonez
    from Slow lane

Guys, im sorry if this is a bit of a shitty image but im sooo excited i have to share this!:cool:
    I asked on the photochop thread to alter one of the pictures of my Ford w/ the cragars im goin to use and the color im thinkin of shoting right now.
    There will be more to it, a few body mods that are too tricky to be photoshopped and the interior that will be white tuck n roll as the early style lows....also the roof might be laced and other details....
    anyway, im very excited as it looks a lot like my vision of the thing and im even more convinced this car is perfect for the style...at least over here! :D
    What do you guys think? [​IMG]

22. Have you thought about using pearl white on the body? I am huge fan of green, but I think the pearl white or maybe a deeper green would look better. I applaud you for working with what you have, I think it is going to look good.

23. starlite staff

starlite staff

Here's a little something we've been working on...

Erik

Attached Files:

24. bonez

bonez
    from Slow lane

^^^^ Wow, thats sum serious shit right there! ^^^^^
    Paint looks sick!

25. Fuck! I just bought a Model A 3 blocks from your shop yesterday. I should've stopped by to look at your projects. That thing looks KILLER. Those wheels are prolly Cragars, but they look like the old Dynastys or Shelbys in that one pic

26. bonez

bonez
    from Slow lane

Oh btw Groucho i never said thank you for the line on the Starlite posters.
    They sent'em to me and never wanted anything in return! At least this is what looked like as they never replied when i asked what email address should i use to pay them.Great guys whichever way you look at it.

As for the wheels spokes look a little "flatter" than usual super spokes so you might be right, then again im no expert so my observation aint worth shit! :D

To keep it on point heres a few pics of Rumblers Italy Romano Chevy 3100
    that at the moment is gettin painted by this guy:http://customdesign-roby.blogspot.com/

Check it out! The guy's talent is unbelievable! 1st show that i will attend w/ the car painted i'll ask him to do some scroll type stripes,and if i'll ever have enuff cash for such a job i'll also have the roof done by him.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I resized the pics to make'em fit the screen but in the originals the details are jawdropping! they should alo be on his blog on the above link.

27. Leroy 701

Leroy 701

Man what a great car. The hours of patience and dedication that you guys put into that machine really show through, and speak clearly of your commitment to excellent work and craftsmanship. Now I have to try to go do tile work today and all I can think of is that roof!

Five stars to you :D

28. Wow, great colors! Nice work. MORE, MORE!
    Oh, I'm glad you were able to get the posters.

29. Bonez, we absolutely need more pictures, that paint work is making me drool!

30. dirtbag63

dirtbag63

Is'nt that Junior Conways shoebox? There's a book called Kustomland, it has good pictures of the car Good luck with your build!