Register now to get rid of these ads!

The Fate of the Hunnert Car Pileup

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Hellfish, Feb 22, 2010.

1. ouch! told the misses to not even think about planning a trip that weekend:D

Last edited: Feb 22, 2010
  2. And to think I had my year all planned out.....Slick50 is twisting my arm.

3. travisfromkansas

travisfromkansas

Thankfully my KSU football game will be on a Thursday the 7th that week, my birthday is on Friday the 8th and I just booked my room for the weekend for the Pileup! I took over 500 pics at the 2009 show, such a great time even with the plummeting temps!

4. Straight Axle Steve

Straight Axle Steve

I already took the Friday before the show off a long time ago, and I was gonna sit around that Saturday wearing my HCPU red shirt and drink PBR by myself in Michigan if it wasn't gonna happen.

Looks like I'll be doin it in Decatur NOW, with a couple thousand of my good friends! YEE HAW!!!!

5. 41 C28

41 C28

Are there any camping facilities nearby? Looks like I'm going to cancel my Hershey trip this year.

6. magnet

magnet

You guys from out east... ain't _THAT_ bad .. especially when you lure me to your trunk with beers..

7. No Way!!!!:eek::)

8. carshowgirl

carshowgirl

Hotel rooms booked! Cant wait to see how big it gets this year, thanks for bringing the swap meet back.

9. Tman - if you have off you'd best be there! I expect to see you! It's been far too long.

Hotroded - I am excited that you sold your house finally! We hope to see you in the Midwest soon- we need more converts!

10. baby loves chrome

baby loves chrome

Thanks to everyone involved. I went to my first one last year. We had a blast!
    We can't wait to go again. I already booked rooms. Hope to be there every year.

11. 61Flattop

61Flattop
    from Indiana

12. Hellfish

Hellfish

Again, I think we can arrange for camping on site, but I'll fill you in on the details later. I'm sure there are established campgrounds nearby, too. If you need to know soon, I suugest you let your fingers do the walking... on your keyboard... and search the internet. Otherwise, I'll fill you in later. :)

13. voodoochili

voodoochili

I'm stoked! I've been to Sycamore, then Morris, now Decatur. Can't wait to put on that red shirt again!

14. Hellfish

Hellfish

We're looking for a 50's era COE with a large flatbed/trailer that we could rent for a band stage. Stock is ok, but meeting the show's entry criteria would be even cooler! We've found one, but it's a 70s truck. If you know of one, PM me.

15. fuzz991

fuzz991

If anyone doubts that Decatour is not a good spot, think of all the Interestates that meet just north of it, and My experience with shows there in the 90' with the Lincolnland Kustoms and Early Idlers show where big, to bad age, health took a toll on the clubs and shows !

Attached Files:

16. truckdude1

truckdude1

Cool old posters. I contacted Wolfman Jack's agent to see if he could DJ for the Pileup. Unfortunately, Wolfman will be taking that weekend off to lie around and chill.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2010
  17. statrage

statrage
    from Moline

I have to say that made my day! Thank you for making sure the Hunnert came back!

18. junkmonger

junkmonger

EXCELLENT! That makes it even closer to my house. As soon as I get the OK from my doc, I'll be working hard to get my roadster finished in time. The Hunnert Car Pileup is the best show in the area!

19. gassedbaker

gassedbaker

ill be back this year.....havent made it ina while....

20. Is there a mailing list or anything for this to stay updated and reminded? Im really looking forward to this .

21. Ratrod37

Ratrod37

946 miles from the front door!! the old show was 860 miles.Are you trying to tell us something?? You guys will have to move alot further to stop me and Ed from coming.Maybe we will be able to meet up with the Indy caravan.

22. Django

Django
    from Chicago

23. greaseguns

greaseguns

Good ....closer to Terre Haute

24. Hell yeah, the more the merrier. :cool: Might have to be random multiple trunk beer meetings. :D

25. You know tom I think you are rite think they don't like us it was me this time. I swear I didn't do anything. Haha
    Scott will probably see who's trunk holds more supplys or pbrs

26. Won't be the first time I went without the "Rocket Sled"... but I might have something else by then...

27. Mac_55

Mac_55

MAN O MAN O MAN O MAN !!!!!!!!!! I am SOOOOO excited for this . I have always wanted to attend the pile up but something always came up where i wouldnt be able to make the drive . But now , it is in my backyard !!!!!!

If i can be of ANY HELP AT ALL!! Please let me know , would be honored to lend a hand . For anyone wanting some more info on the area just holler . Im located in Shelbyville , we are a small town of 5000 people directly south of Decatur maybe a 25-30 minute drive straight south on rt 16 . If you run out of hotel options in decatur look up the Shelby Historic Inn in shelbyville IL . If the weather is warmer check out all the state camp grounds around Lake Shelbyville . Eagle Creek is a good one that is located in Findlay IL just between Shelbyville and Decatur . Not Eagle creek Resort but Eagle Creek Camp Grounds. THey have really nice facilities.

Here is a link to info On Eagle and Wolf creek camp grounds on the lake . They have shower buildings also that as long as the weather holds will be open .
    http://dnr.state.il.us/LANDS/LANDMGT/parks/R3/EAGLECRK.HTM
    Hellfish , Let me know if you need any help or extra Info .

Gotta start beating ont he 55 , if all goes right ill be sitting at the gate ! Cant wait.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2010
  28. von zipper

von zipper

Looks like I gotta cash in my coin jar!! ROAD TRIP!!

Attached Files:

29. travisfromkansas

travisfromkansas

I spy a Galaxie!

30. von zipper

von zipper

1964! it was a very good year!