Register now to get rid of these ads!

Are these really 1933 Chevy fenders ?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ned_Gob, Feb 23, 2010.

1. Ned_Gob

Ned_Gob

[​IMG]

I know the rear fenders are Chevy ,(there are more pics in my profile) but the fronts make me wonder because of the single bolt hole for the brace, most I've seen have two . They are claimed to be 1933 Master .

2. Jims35

Jims35

The rears look correct ,but the front look like 32 or older. 33 will look more like my chevy fronts . the ones you have don't have the holes for head lights in the right place . They look like they were mounted on a bar that went from one fender to the other . 33 would mount like mine only with a little longer mount bar than mine has because it is a standard model. The 33 fronts will skirt down behind the front wheel , not sweep back like those are .

3. LOWCAB

LOWCAB
    from Houston

The rears may be, but those fronts are not unless for a truck. Do the fronts have a little peak right in the middle of the reveal line? The 33 for the passenger car should be skirted.

4. Ned_Gob

Ned_Gob

Good question LOWCAB ! , and no they don't (which adds to the mystery!)

5. 33_chevy

33_chevy
    from TX

The fronts don't look like mine either,rears look correct..

6. Ol Deuce

Ol Deuce
    from Mt. U.S.A.

This is a '33 Chevy

[​IMG]

7. playtag

playtag

The peak refered or also known as the diamond where on the 1932's without diamond 30-31 chevys,sold a set of 32's last year at york.

8. Jims35

Jims35

I had set of 33 s and sold them because the were not the same as mine around the grill area. they had the skirt like the ones on the brown 33 sedan above , same as mine. They had the little peak or diamond mentioned. short headlight bar mounts on each side. If you have chevy fenders, then 32 or older.

9. Ned_Gob

Ned_Gob

Yep, differences all over on a 30s Chevy it seems , even the rears are different from model to model I've been told !

10. LOWCAB

LOWCAB
    from Houston

Also those rear fenders had similar looks to them from 33 Eagle to 35 standard. There were and are differences between the master and standard ( Not including the 35 master as these were way different) Also differences between the coupe and the sedan versions of the rear fenders.

11. Jims35

Jims35

34 / 35 standard sedan and coupe used the same fenders and running boards. I have a 35 sedan now, but the coupe I sold was the same. A 34 master i no longer have looked the same but was different. the only thing I found from the 34 master that would fit my standard was the dash , guages panel which I have in it now. Master is a bigger car overall. 35 master is an entirely different car , more like the 36. I believe the rear 33 fenders are the same as 34/35 standard as they advertise the same ones in the fiberglass replacements. I never had any rear fenders on the 33 chassis that I had the front fenders on. The fronts in question here are 32 or older if they are chevy.

12. hotrod-Linkin

hotrod-Linkin

those fronts look like my 30 sedan fenders.

13. Ned_Gob

Ned_Gob

Yes they do , but there are two bolts holding the fender to the front brace and these have just one.

14. Larry V Jeter

Larry V Jeter

Hey Gentlemen, I have a 33 Master Sedan, everything is metal but rear fenders, I guess finding rear fenders is gonna be impossible, I believe no other years will work? Thanks for any help..