Register now to get rid of these ads!

The Fate of the Hunnert Car Pileup

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Hellfish, Feb 22, 2010.

1. YIPPEE! this is great news,...glad you guys will continue with the show AND bring back the swapmeet.
    As it's a bit further south than Morris and more that a one day drive; this gives me the excuse to go on Friday and take in the Friday nite festivities also.

Sounds like everything is working out real well for 2010; ...Long Live the Pileup!

Last edited: Feb 24, 2010
  2. pitman

pitman

After reading about the Nats changes, the HCPU sounds just grand! Lets see, Jeff's trip-tic's got 12 hours...hmmm. And a certain Big Olds will be there too!

3. Silhouettes 57

Silhouettes 57

I've only been there one time a couple years ago and would love to go again, this time in my own car! Now I need to get together with other guys in my area and have one of those Car-A-Vans that Denise talked about.

4. Stick Shift

Stick Shift
    from LENA IL

That is great that it is goin to happen. The sucky part is that I can't drive there and back in one day. The other thing that pisses me off is that some f-tard at work has wed-mon off that weekend and that means I can't get off work. fr

5. Retro61

Retro61

Never been able to make it before, and already made reservations, so, looks like there will be some Tin headed your way from Kentucky!

6. inlinr6

inlinr6

Sorry, for me when these things blow out of proportion,they become as significant as a Von Dutch trucker cap.I will have memories of the past pileups.Im going back to when the words "traditional,culture,ratrods,old school"were not the key words of the day.I think people are trying too hard,and thats how I felt at the last two pileups,for me its time to close the magazines,stop going to culture car shows,build my stuff the way I think it should be,not worry about were my cars fit in.this is just my opinion,but I'm just tired of it all and the pileup was one of the only shows I would go to and it soured me the last two years.I wish the Czars good luck but i'm done going.

7. Nick32vic

Nick32vic

8. Hank

Hank
    from Wisconsin

I'm looking forward to the drive. The extra distance just adds to the experience.

9. WildWilly68

WildWilly68

As much as I'm going to miss going to Morris, the bigger venue will be great. And lets face it, it's the people and the cars that make this show what it is. Snapper's should be fun...last time I was there I was drunk off my ass celebrating my first daughter being born...those Clintuckians sure know how to drink! Of course with so many car's coming down Rt.51 from I-55/74 I may just sit and watch there......NAH!!!

10. Cincinnati Slim

Cincinnati Slim
    from Cincy, OH

Wasn't able to attend last year, but hear second-hand of the problems. Glad to hear you were able to find a new location that the club was happy with.

Booked my room for this year, by the way, the Holiday Inn Express is already showing full!

11. pitman

pitman

Sure would be a shame to lose your old teacher Ms. Fishbreath... or was it the uncle once-removed? THAT friday!

Oct. is a long way off.
    Hope a useful reason surfaces!

Last edited: Feb 22, 2010
  12. Captain Chaos

Captain Chaos
    from Missery

I've dealt with swaps and car show guys for over 20 yrs, car shows guys are way worse. Give swap guys something free and tell them where to park and all is good . If ya need help give me a yell .

I think you should have CLOWNVIS at the pre or post show gig if you want something differant.
    Whats wrong with burlesque ? everyone loves bewbies

13. evil clown

evil clown
    from Verona, WI

Room booked, but several motels were already full!

Based upon the last few years growth, and the new venue, I'm predicting 4,000 cars this year! But what do I know? :)

Thanks Chrome Czars, Catherine, red shirts, and everyone that makes this such a special show year after year!

14. bustedlifter

bustedlifter

The last time I was there , me and some buddies decided to leave before we were really ready. Something to do with the local chicks asking if those were our bikes outside and could they go for a ride on them.The local dudes weren't being quite as friendly.

15. GoManGo1951

GoManGo1951

Whats the deal with Motorhome parking this year?

16. Frankie47

Frankie47
    from omaha ne.

Where does it say that the swap meet is going to be held away from the car show? Swap meets are fun, but the main reason for the show is the car show......And I don't see you volunteering your time, you're just bitching to bitch.

17. xmacx

xmacx
    from illinois

This is great havent missed one yet and this time its over two hours closer to me even better I will be there for sure!

18. Hellfish

Hellfish

Oh, they know all right. They did a little investigating before they even agreed to meet with us. :D The town, OTOH, might be a little more surprised. When Kansas and I went to meet with them, we stopped at a gas station wearing our Czar coats. The gal behind the counter drawled "Y'all on a bowling team?" :D

19. Russco

Russco
    from Central IL

Good Deal, bring some more of them southerners with ya. It will be good to see ya again

20. GREASER815

GREASER815

Our rooms are booked, staying at the Baymont Inn, lady asked me if I was one of the hot rodders coming for that big hot rod thing in town......

21. HellRaiser

HellRaiser
    from Podunk, NE

Ok then, I'll put my bowling ball in the trunk, just in case.:eek:

HellRaiser

22. Hellfish

Hellfish

We're working that one out. I'm pretty sure there will be motorhomes allowed, but they won't be allowed anywhere near where the show cars will be coming in. Park, sleep, walk to the show. Motorhomes cause too many traffic problems. We'll keep you posted on that and camping as soon as we know for sure.

23. Well at least 1 roadrat and 1 exile will be there from nyc. I dougbt anybody else from the far east will make it they will all be to scaarrrredddd.14 hours was hard to convince them I'm sure 15 1/2 hours will be out of the question.
    Who know if I find a job out in the midwest by october it could be a short drive for me. Hahaha closing on my house march 15 I hope.
    Oh yeah the trunk of the henry J will be fullof PBR'S for that meeting with the czars like last year.

24. GoManGo1951

GoManGo1951

Thank you. We drive one in so its our only vehicle when we are at the show.

25. lowpunk

lowpunk
    from berwyn, il

Better not plan anoher bike trip!:D

26. Hellfish

Hellfish

We take meetings very seriously, especially trunk meetings with guys from New York City. Shall we say it's a meeting we can't refuse?

27. Russco

Russco
    from Central IL

Joe it will make perfect sense to them as soon as Breeder arrives:D

28. VIVA LA PILEUP!!! Cant wait till October. Someday it will be cool to say "I remember the old days when the pileup was in Morris"

29. Gerg

Gerg

baby yes baby no depends i may have a kid in the future around then but the rest of the Vagabonds will be there even if i am not there

30. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

I is ready Josh!

Holler at me!