Register now to get rid of these ads!

The Fate of the Hunnert Car Pileup

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Hellfish, Feb 22, 2010.

1. RDO_23

RDO_23

Rooms are booked, I can't wait for another PileUp.

Thanks to the CZARS!

2. Pinstriper40

Pinstriper40

Great to hear that the Pileup is on for this year. With the new accomodations it should be a blast! I'm personally very excited (ask KIRK!) to take part in my 3rd Pileup. The Suedes will be there to volunteer, and it sounds like we'll have a few cars there too! (Not a jacket club this year!)

Thanks to all of the Czars for bustin' 'em to get it done- the Pileup is my favorite hot-rodding event of the year! I can't wait to reenlist in the RedShirt Army again!

3. Just five words.

We'll be there! THANK YOU!!!!!!!!

4. OshkoshRob

OshkoshRob
    from Oshkosh

See you guys then! Rooms are booked and the Vagabonds will be there in force.....

5. BoPeep

BoPeep

Could this be penciled in for the 10th anniversary year? There may be a few girls creeping this board who would be happy to "help out."

6. Muttley

Muttley

I'd love to, but I dont fly anymore and Illinois is a really long drive. I'm not sure how many of the Mid-West people would want to meet me..............maybe beat me would be more appropriate. ;) :D

7. lowpunk

lowpunk
    from berwyn, il

Is the shoebox making? I hope to see that up close soon!

8. Rockettruck

Rockettruck

This is just the goal i need to get the old Rockettruck back on the road. It's been out of commission way too long!
    Reservations have been made at the Hampton Inn and I will be looking forward to a little vacation by then!

9. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

Im on this crappy laptop so i cant see shit, but just need to letcha guys know, your page about the show on your webiste might confuse folks to think its the 10th of oct! Not the 9th....last yrs info still on there...sorry for yelling, i cant see what im typin without caplocks!!! :)
    EDIT! WEIRD, IT TYPED IT IN SMALL TEXT...SO I WASNT YELLIN AFTER ALL!!!lol

10. Plowboy

Plowboy

Denise, You can go from this site to your driveway in 6 hours on the nose. That is how long it takes me to reach COBO hall from my driveway....

11. exStreamliner

exStreamliner

12. Pinstriper40

Pinstriper40

I WISH! maybe in 2011... I'm seriously considering selling everything from my A coupe project minus the body to put towards the '40 and the shoebox... You'll see it in time... just not this time!

13. Deadbird

Deadbird

Don't forget to slow down a little when you hit Piatt County so Jesse and I can catch you. :D Maybe the caravan should swing by the Monticello High School to pick him up. He'd dig that.

14. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

Well - now I can finally squash ALL the different rumors I hear at the shows every weekend.......no doubt that will be the main conversation piece in Minneapolis this weekend - people will be moaning about how they have to drive 2.5 hours longer.

Well - I look at it this way.............
    there were always new rides at the HCPU.
    Stuff that was there that we had never seen.........
    but .....
    there were a lot of rides that we HAD already seen at a lot of local area shows..........

think of all the different cars that are gonna make the trip from Arkansas, Tennessee, Kentucky, Missouri, etc that have never BEEN to the Morris HCPU!

It will be a great show - AND there will be even more to see.......
    cause even though there will be some people that complain NOW about the show's new location.........something tells me when that October weekend rolls around - they will go ahead and make plans to head on down.

I know I am gonna be there.

I think it is great that you are delegating authority to different people/clubs.

HOPEFULLY this will take some stress off you guys that pour a ton of time and energy into THE GREATEST ONE DAY SHOW IN THE WORLD.

yeah - I have not been to ALL the car shows in the world.........but I can tell ya which one I think rules........

The Hunnert Car Pile Up
    new location - same great Czars and Army fulfilling our need........

Thanks in advance for a great 2010.

Seeya there.

15. Hellfish

Hellfish

Yep. I'm not in a hurry to change the site. We wanted to let the HAMB know first. You folks are the ones that count. Magnet is going to do some site revisions this weekend. Everyone else can find out then. The show is 8 months away. There's plenty of time.

FWIW, every year but last year, I've run into someone on the day after the show swearing that it was a 2 day show (where are all the cars?) or that it's a Sunday show or that we have the date wrong. Every year.

16. lordairgtar

lordairgtar

This is cool. The Czars work hard to make a great event for traditional rods and customs aficionados. hopefully I can make it down and for sure I will be able to spectate this year. Maybe if I'm really good, the Czars will let me draw cars. LOL

17. lordairgtar

lordairgtar

MercDeuceMan, that car (El Tiki) of yours is awesome. I saw it in Milwaukee at World of Wheels. The Buick headlight pods really make that car. Sorry for the Hi-jack.

18. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

I am going..all 12 hours of driving...AWESOME!

19. dynamic88

dynamic88
    from Chicago

Sweet. We may try to have the Raybestos RPU make its "public debut" at this year's Pileup in Decatur, before SEMA... More to come. :)

20. Hmmm, I have that weekend off.............................975 miles for me.

21. Deadbird

Deadbird

Cool! Hope you're bringin' the truck.

22. I booked my rooms last night!

:D

23. zimm

zimm
    from iowa

this is goin to the be best HCPU yet

24. Appleseed

Appleseed

Progress City has no idea what's coming. :D

"Dude! Were the hell did all these greasers come from?'

25. slammed

slammed

Swap meet? Anyone have pix of the parking area for the show?

26. My room is booked at the luxurious (ahem...) Baymont Suites and I'm rarin' to go!! :D

Now all I have to do is get the Rambler road ready. Anyone care to volunteeer/donate time/labor/parts/expertise to get this beast on the road? This will be my 6th Pile-Up and I'm getting real tired of not having a car INSIDE the gate... :eek::eek:

27. Hotel reservations made.
    Can't wait until October!

28. Now closer and easier to get to............looks like I will be thinking about going this year......

Last edited: Feb 27, 2010
  29. Irish Dan

Irish Dan

Great News! Sounds like a winner! I'll be there! (with a few dozen just like me) The Bombers are a good choice too! I know a lotta those guys. I think we'll all do well by them. Good Luck!

30. But you'll get to see me when you get there. Isn't that alone worth the trip? :rolleyes: