Register now to get rid of these ads!

The Fate of the Hunnert Car Pileup

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Hellfish, Feb 22, 2010.

1. Jim-Bob

Jim-Bob

It speaks VOLUMES about the character and dedication of the Czars to continue this event again this year. They work TIRELESSLY on this event every year, as seen by the fact that they ALREADY have their ducks in a row for this Oct.

After the criticism on here and other places and with all the challenges that developed last year, I would not have blamed the Czars if they did not put on the show this year. It had started to get out of hand, but they knew the hot rod community really wanted the Pile-Up, and decided to continue it, with an even bigger location.

BRAVO! To all involved with this and all the Pile-Ups. May they continue their excellent job for years to com.

To those who criticize...The show's not till October, volunteer registration opens up mid-May. Join up. Make suggestions. Help make the show EVEN BETTER. Remember, "If you are not part of the SOLUTION, you are part of the PROBLEM" nuff said!

2. Rqketman

Rqketman

:D I can't Fing stand it you guys ROCK!! Decatur's gear heads have longed for a World Class Car Show...... but we get The Hunnert Car Pileup. I can't believe it. Welcome!!

3. greendream

greendream

Let me know when you find some time, and I will be there to help.

4. Russco

Russco
    from Central IL

Thanks Czars for keeping it going !!! Progress city site is a good fit.

5. Hellfish,

Your right. Deleted and I apologize, The Czars put on one hell of a show and I don't want to detract from that.

Just burns my ass when a someone criticizes the hard work of a few people who are doing the best they can for a good cause to befit those who are misfortune.

6. Marcy

Marcy

WooHoo!

Marcy

7. dustdevil

dustdevil
    from illinois

That is great news. I can't wait to be a vendor this year. Clinton is a cool town and there is a great pizza joint a block away from the square called sorrentos http://sorrentosclinton.com. I just went there friday nite and spent the nite with my wife, not at the pizza joint either, Ha. Its awesome that there will be a swapmeet too. I will be telling all my friends and hope to get a bunch to go this year!!! Way to go!!!!!!!

8. mustang9093

mustang9093
    from Indiana

The rooms are booked, now back to the garage..Thanks to the Czars!!

9. HellRaiser

HellRaiser
    from Podunk, NE

Shit O' Dear, This is shaping up to be more of a week long affair cumulating on Saturday.

The square in Clinton was just begging us to show up....

Good Choice Czars, Good Choice.....

All roads lead to Decatur!!!!!!

HellRaiser

10. rcnut223

rcnut223
    from wisconsin

Loved the show last year, unfortunatley this is to far for our family to travel too. 3.5 hours one way.

Hope it goes well for you.

Mike

11. Deadbird

Deadbird

Hot Rods on the square in Clinton, too cool. I haven't cruised Clinton since high school. The square still looks weird to me without the courthouse in the middle.

12. Django

Django
    from Chicago

Mike, to put this in perspective, ALL of the Czars and our families are driving at least 3.25 hours to Decatur, and our lone Kanadian Czar from Kenosha is looking at almost 5 hours. And it's our show!:D

13. HellRaiser

HellRaiser
    from Podunk, NE

Usually we'd say, "It's not the destination, it was the drive to get there". This year???? Perhaps I'll have to re-arrange the wording of that saying.:D

HellRaiser

14. magnet

magnet

I think it will be a good time.. and who does not like "Snapper".

I will be working on the website this week and this weekend.. hope to have the details up on it soon.

We are excited to work with the locals in the area, lots of hot rodders down there.. and lots of friends from all over are going to show up and make it a good show.

We seriously considered ending the whole deal.. its a heavy cross to carry.. but after lots of discussion we decided to make it happen. The motivation to continue won out in the end. The tradition, spirit and the ability to do good with it will make it succeed.

Lots of good energy from the czars.. and the Red Shirt Army.. we lean on the Red Shirts pretty hard.. and they come back with a smile on their face wanting to do more.

Clinton and the surrounding are happy to have us.. and we are excited to be there.

Rock on chuckleheads.

15. Deadbird

Deadbird

I'm sure it was a hard decision, but we're all glad you kept it going. Props to ya.

And yeah, we are happy to have you. Hope it all goes well.

16. HellRaiser

HellRaiser
    from Podunk, NE

And one more post from me.

Fellow H.A.M.B.'rs. Hopefully I'll get this in ahead of time, because I know from now on, there will be many, many posts coming about this years Hunnert Car Pileup.

But I want to say, I will be there again. I will be looking forward to seeing many of you I have met at the Pileup in previous years. Additionally, I will be looking forward to making new friends, meet others of you in person, whom I have jabbered with here on the H.A.M.B over the years.

It's becoming as much as a family reunion to me as it it a hot rod gathering.

So till we meet. "For The Fun Of It" Drive safe this year, keep your wheels between the ditches.

HellRaiser

17. slammed

slammed

Pile Up baby, an' I don't mean mabe! Start wrenchin' and drive that CAR/TRUCK like ya got soul. And be NICER this year, even if it hurt's 'cause you have to suffer for your art.

18. Hellfish

Hellfish

Not to mention all the people that drive their hot rods from Texas, Oklahoma, Georgia, New York, Minnesota, the Dakotas, Nebraska, Missouri, Iowa, Wisconsin, Indiana, Kentucky, Tennessee, Ohio, Michigan, Pennsylvania, and so on. We've always said the show is as much about the drive there as it is about the show itself... and these people prove it!

19. ewt2

ewt2

Looks like you guys did an outstanding job! Sounds like the PERFECT place to me. Looking forward to the show. Let me know when you get the vender's stuff worked out!!!
    Congratulations! Thanks for not only saving the show, but improving it too...

20. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

BUT the rooms are over $100 per night cheaper....that's $200 extra dollars that I'm not spending in a room charges therefore I think I can spend another 3 hours additional each way in time and little more in fuel costs.

FYI, Since it's now almost an 8 hour ride for me I'm leaving bright and early on Friday morning and will travel thru Indy instead of Gary Indiana to get there. Any Usual Suspects wanna car-a-van down let me know. Might hook up with the Indy crew depending on what time they leave on Friday. OR maybe I'll head down to Indy on Thursday night, party with you guys, sleep over, then leave with you whatever time. Options, options. I guess we've got all summer to plan.:cool:

21. bigsam63

bigsam63

Thank's to the Czars for doing a GREAT JOB!!!!!! great location cant wait.

22. Absolutely! We'll be gathering and heading out Friday AM sometime. ;) You know how we like to cruise and enjoy the scenery and trip. :)

23. Muttley

Muttley

For the ninth consecutive year Muttley will not be attending, plan accordingly.

24. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Yep, the 3 hours trip from Indy to there will take...what....6 or 7 hours with you guys?? :D

I'll be there on Thursay night with my blowup mattress, sleeping bag and pillow.:cool:

25. Could not have said it better, Jim Bob! It's nice to see every one being so positive! This event is for FUN!!!

Marcy, I concur with your WooHoo and am uping the ante with a big Texas YEE HAW!!!!

Rooms booked and we're ready to party!! Hey WI Hambers, let me know if anyone wants to caravan down on Friday!! :)

26. HellRaiser

HellRaiser
    from Podunk, NE

Rumor control, Rumor control......Farmers Almanac (or me, which ever you want to believe) says it is supposed to be 78 degrees, sunshine the whole week-end. All the potholes will be filled by then, so it ought to be good cruzing weather from all directions.:):D:)

Sheesh, here is is still Febuary, and we're all ready going ape wanting to get there. Don't get much better does it?

HellRaiser

27. Hellfish

Hellfish

I expect we'll be opening up registration in May again. We need to do a few things first, like mapping out the vendor building. Vendors from last year will get first crack at spots. There will be GOBS of outdoor vendor spaces, and about the same, maybe more, indoor spaces.

When I get the full band line-up written in blood, I'll make some announcements, but I think you'll be pleased. Of course, the Hot Rod Hucksters will play Friday night, but the rest of the lineup includes some things you've never seen before... and no, I don't mean a burlesque show. Not this year. It will be worth your while to come to the post-show party this year. Great bands!

28. Thirdyfivepickup

Thirdyfivepickup

for the 9th consecutive year I will miss you in quiet silence... :)

(seriously, you need to come out for one of these. I'm sure a lot of the midwest people would love to meet you!)

29. redlinetoys

redlinetoys
    from Midwest

Very cool.

Carving out the summer calendar now and making space for this one as it is always a favorite.

Congrats and thanks to the Chrome Czars for getting this sorted out.