Register now to get rid of these ads!

Louisville NSRA 2010?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Flipper, Feb 21, 2010.

1. Flipper

Flipper
    from Kentucky

So, how many folks are actually going back for 2010? Is anybody gonna boycot....just because?

It's time to plan out the year.

2. I'm staying home.

3. thewildturkey46

thewildturkey46
    from Rice, MN

I am NOT going, been going every year since 1976, I let my membership expire and joined the new VSRA instead. Dale

4. Demon Seed

Demon Seed
    from BF-AZ

After 20 consecutive years making the trip.... I'm staying home. No longer a member either.

5. Hot Rod Bob

Hot Rod Bob
    from T-ville Ky

I only live about 20 min away from the fairgrounds I will probably go.How about you Richard?

6. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

I'm not going.
    I had a nice, long in person conversation regarding the situation with two NSRA officals last month. Probably didn't change anything but I felt better them knowing my opinion on the whole thing.

7. Ebert

Ebert

I have never been, but may choose to unveil my '81 K-car at this year's event. Can't wait...growing my mullet as we speak.
    E

8. Okay, for the record, it sucks, it's the stupidest idea ever, it'll never work, it'll never be the same, etc, etc, etc.....

Now with all that said and my objection duly noted. I plan on going, if for no other reason than to see what it is. If I don't like it I don't have to go back or even stay. There are lots of other shows to replace this one with. And that's a lesson the MAN may have to learn the hard way.

9. Flipper

Flipper
    from Kentucky

I'm on the fence. I've mellowed out a little since last year. but not really sure what I am gonna do.

I have loved going to the Street Rod Nats (wherever it has been, I went to Syracuse the year it was there)...but part of me wants to say "Fuck the NSRA and their change!"

10. junkyard junky

junkyard junky

I'll just go for the venders. I'm about a hour and a half from Louisville.

11. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

The 81 K Car is a great idea! And while you're at it some one has to have a Dodge 600 convertible and maybe a Chrysler T&C Wagon with the plastic wood and Dinoc panels, maybe a bevy of LeBaron convertibles would be a good group to power with at the central coveted parking area.
    Get there quick before the Camaro/Mustang guys start their street rumble for dominance.
    Can't you see it now? PINTO ALLEY, VEGA GROUP HERE!, DEMON/DUSTER/TWISTER/SPORT/SWINGER CLUB of AMERICA, MGA/MGB/Midget Group, The FIAT Family, wow.

12. slammed58buick

slammed58buick

All I can say is, they waited too long and jumped too far.

13. Ebert

Ebert

That is FUNNY! YIKES!

14. Ebert

Ebert

I always wanted to do a Vega...had one in '76. Wait....how about a '81 Chevette!!!!!! Maybe I will find one and make it a 4 X 4!!!!!!

15. pecker head

pecker head

Im out ! Also out on the membership ! I too would also like to say FUCK the NSRA , but my mommy don't like me to use the F word , so I want !!

16. Kan Kustom

Kan Kustom

I am afraid it was a fatal mistake.The only reason people from all over the country would travel so far to an event is that it was the largest gathering of pre 49 cars anywhere. You can go to a car show anywhere and see late models intermingled with old cars.There is nothing wrong with this.As I said you can see it anywhere.The NSRA is now nothing different or special in any way.I will miss it and hope something similar grows as large and gives us back our gathering of early only cars.

17. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

With the way of things now, I'm afraid the traditional pre-49 line in the sand has likely been eradicated by most in favor of pre-55 or pre-65, etc. etc.

I, among thousands of others, am very saddened by this turn of events as I missed the 30th Anniversary Nationals and 40th Anniversary Nationals and might not make it to the 50th and wouldn't go if the cars around me were post-48 anyway.

18. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

I am staying HOME ... instead of going to Louisville. I have not missed but one in 20 years ...
    ( I was in the hospital with a heart attack ... the only reason I was not there in 2001 :eek: ).

I could live with them moving the cut off date up to a 50 year old slide.

1960 models are OLD cars. :)
    Even the HAMB has a cut off of 1964.

I am going out West ... this summer
    and spend my Louisville money on events on the West side of the Mississippi.

:D:D

I am still a NSRA member
    I joined as a LIFETIME member years ago ...
    when LIFETIME membership was not so expensive.

19. Retro61

Retro61

I'm two hours away, and have been quite a few times, but, i probably won't make it either. There are actually very few weekend happenings anymore that are pre-48. But, they won't budge at the Frog Follies!(or at least they say they aren't) Yeah, there are alot of Cookie-Cutters there, but they have quite a few Traditional rides,and their Swap Meet is getting Huge! If you've never been, i would suggest trying it at least once,it's worth it, but, i believe it's the same weekend as the HAMB Drags.

20. falconsprint63

falconsprint63
    from Mayberry

I haven't been to Louisville in ages, but I've been going to knoxville since I was a kid in the early 80's. I'm still on the fence for this year. I like all old cars and I understand part of their reasoning, but there's a reason I joined NSRA in the first place and not goodguys. The most recent editorial comments in street sceene are pushing me dangerously close to not going just to make a statement.

I figured the change was inevitable, but a rolling 30 years? personally I'd have drawn the line at 72.

my rant for what it's worth.

21. Deuce Daddy Don

Deuce Daddy Don
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

OUT WEST!!!---Can't wait to have that TACO & BEER with you & Mrs. RANDY!!!!-----Don:D:D

22. Deuce Daddy Don

Deuce Daddy Don
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'm still a charter member (#1956) of NSRA, but it does pain me to see the direction they are taking by allowing later than 1948 models to participate in the "older" groups.
    The years have gone by since we drove our 32 roadster to the Detroit Nats in 1972--Tulsa 1973---Memphis 1975---Tulsa 1976, & back to Louisville in 1994, & many other Western Nats, we always had fun & renewed friendships with different folks. Not to mention the sheer pleasure of just chasing those lines, across the USA!!
    I always figured NSRA would keep the line at 1948 & earlier because of the nostalgic value, but now in these past few years, it seems as tho "BUCKS" is the determining factor, if a poll was taken, my guess is pre 1949 would definately win.

Guess we'll just wait & see,----At 77, can't wait too long tho---HA!-----Don

23. Old Rod

Old Rod
    from Brazil, IN

Don, I agree it is all about the $$. My member #107 I joined at Peoria 1970.
    Probably won't be attending again. Bob

24. I'll be there this year. Its close and we always have a great club spot to hang out and mingle. I don't think I would want to be the person who rolls through the gate in the first post 48 ride. It will be a tough crowd.

25. 32Rules

32Rules

Well, let me tell you,
    A lot of people donated time and energy for NSRA to be successful for the good of the sport and were never paid a dime.
    Regional guys,
    Saftey inspectors,
    MHRA
    and on and on
    Being there in the 1970's and since,
    I heard and unfortunately believed all their hype on how they needed us and how they were good for the sport, just to be left high and dry at their whim and you wonder why people are pissed.

I was getting ok with it until this month Street Scene
    It seems they took offense on a NSRA Flag being floated around the internet with a Chevy Citation on it. If you havent seen it ,they went on with one of thier high paid scetch artists to show even a Citation could be cool.
    Well NSRA could have done any car this year for the give away and the best they could come up with is a 32 ford roadster. Wow thats original.

Make excuses all you want for them but they left the pre 48 crowd, we didnt leave them.

Rant over

26. Oldmanolds

Oldmanolds

I don't like the way things played out and I don't agree with the new rules. I go to have a good time and I'll attend this years event to see how it goes. If it doesn't work worth a shit ..next year I'll find another way to spend my first weekend in August. There has been an awful lot of events I've attended where it wasn't pre '48 and I had a good time. We seem to have a good group of folks that will be back this year and it's always fun spending time with them. I change..hell everything changes, don't like it, but that's the way it is. See ya there HotRodBob. Meet and Greet??

27. I'll be there hangin with my ROD KING brothers.Good times.

28. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

and this was my main point in my discussion with the officals. They made a comment to me that "we" needed to get the younger folks involved and I stated they actually have to change what goes on at the events, not just the car entry years. They don't get it, they think by just increasing the years allowed in that the younger folks will come in droves. I went on to give some ideas and suggestions as to what they would do to increase the interest of 20-40 year olds.

29. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

Been a vendor a Louyville since 95 and have always done well. I will be there again this year maybe for the last time. I have to see what happens before I pass judgement. They will have numbers but I don't think you will see it being taken over by the late model crowd. It hasn't happened at other NSRA events so far. I may be wrong but in my vendor experience Goodguys seems to attract more late models at events like Indy and Columbus. I stopped doing their events simply because I cater to the early Ford crowd and did not see my bottom line change by not doing Goodguys. I guess contrary to some people I am open to change. I may not see it the same after doing several NSRA shows this summer.

30. larry k

larry k

Im out !!! Ain't goin back, till the cut off goes back ??? And well i'll be dead by then, and,,,,,,,, p.s.,,,,,, i won't even run a walker radiator