Register now to get rid of these ads!

home made tools and equipment...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by kustombuilder, Jan 16, 2008.

1. Here is another version of a welding cart.

Attached Files:

2. bloodyjack

bloodyjack

I needed to bend some 1 inch square tubing to make a trunk lid and used this.

[​IMG]

Finished trunk lid frame

[​IMG]

3. My bead roller.

4. duste01

duste01

I would like to know about that one.

5. zon

zon
    from Abbotsford

Need More Input!!!

I'm doing the floor on my Dodge and sure could use some of the ideas for doing Beads without rolling them.

6. vendetta

vendetta

<HR style="COLOR: #e5e5e5; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #e5e5e5" SIZE=1><!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->
    this was from an old post-Ball-peen bead roller??
    heres a floor i'm doin for a 32.made the floor with no swages.then made a bead roller-but had trouble rolling it as the edge is folded back on itself and also the 1.2mm thickness didn't want to form easily.so rather than remake i swaged using ply with a groove clamped underneath and a lenght of 20mm diameter bar and a big hammer.had to finnish/tidy up using same round bar-turning over and hammering on the bar and lengths of flat bar on edge to define the edges.is bolted down at edges through countersunk inserts to stop edge crushing in.is kinda overbuilt but as seats and seatbelts mount to it wanted to be sure.
    <!-- / message --><!-- attachments -->

Attached Files:

7. steveo3002

steveo3002
    from england

good idea that ..cheap too

8. this is so i can find this easyer

9. Retro Jim

Retro Jim

I really like this one !
    I guess I will make one up for myself !
    Thanks!

RetroJim

10. bjinatj

bjinatj

I can't say how many of these I have duplicated...

11. mosimpson

mosimpson

Here is my latest tool build, a gantry crane. I use it for moving my body on and off the chassis. It telescopes to the full height of the garage if needed. The main legs are 3.5" x .187 wall square tube. Sliding inside of these is a length of 3" x .125 wall square tube. The uprights have a piece of 2x4X.125 wall rectangular tube across the bottom and are triangulated with a couple pieces of 2x2x.125 wall square tube. Across the top is a S6x12.5 I-beam with a 1 ton chain fall. The i-beam is almost 17 ft long giving me full access across the width of the garage. I'll get around to painting it after the rain stops, here are the pre-paint pic's:

Laying out the main leg:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The assembled unit:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Flying A Sedan:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. R Frederick

R Frederick
    from illinois

Mine's pretty simple. I couldn't figure out how I was going to get the threaded plug out that was frozen in my cylinder head, so I could put my temp sender in. I'd already broken a cast square drive plug tool, and stripped it out with an easy-out.
    I cut down a grade 8 bolt to fit the plug tight enough that it had to be tapped in with a hammer. A little shelf trophy.
    [​IMG]

13. I have made several of those and they work great. Just tip it and roll it to where you need it.

14. emiliedk

emiliedk
    from denmark

tim...must be justin baker!
    http://www.justinbaker.co.uk/

i am building my own wheel right now. also upper wheel and anvils, incl quich release. might be able to sell as a kit. i'll be back when i have a prize on the complete kit.
    -palle

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 11, 2010
  15. emiliedk

emiliedk
    from denmark

couple more!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

rytang likes this.
  16. gtkane

gtkane

That is the coolest wheel I have ever seen!:)

17. 31-5window

31-5window
    from Michigan

I like the deck lid frame nice work.

18. captainjunk#2

captainjunk#2

that wheel is garage art nice job

19. 1941ihkb5

1941ihkb5

Didn't read the whole thread, But you can make a nice siphon pump from an old IH 345 oil pump to drain old fuel tanks or pump oil from 55 gal drums with a drill and empty a tank in minuets!

20. You got it done yet? [​IMG]

21. bjinatj

bjinatj

Not yet, I actually printed a picture of it and taped it on the project wall..

22. zon

zon
    from Abbotsford

A 2X4 Wood Bead Roller.
    I built a simple two-piece frame from Wood 2"X4"'s and used my Router to create a channel in each. Then I cut a piece of 1/2" pipe to fit in the channel in one side. Placing the sheet between the two, then the pipe and using a vise or even a small press seems to do the job. The length of channel and pipe determines the length of the bead. The size of channel and pipe determines the bead depth. I also chamfered the end of the pipe so that it does not dig into the sheet metal.
    BTW - I can't take credit for this, i found it on another thread, but it does work very well.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2010
  23. Have you got any pics or a link to the other thread.

24. Kan Kustom

Kan Kustom

These are the best threads!

25. This is a stand I made to hold a door for painting or assembly. Can be used for bolt on hinges or pins.
    Rob

Attached Files:

26. porsche930dude

porsche930dude

27. Foot operated shrinker stretcher. Copied off something I saw here on the HAMB or MetalMeet.

Attached Files:

28. Stand I made for my HF bead roller. Soon to be powered.

Attached Files:

29. RichG

RichG

That is beautiful. Sorry, just can't think of a better word for it, absolutely art! Very nice.:D

30. Made these last week..................Brings the car up 12" off the floor, allows me to weld, remove the tranny and anything else I need to do under the car. I made them narrow so I can move freely with my creeper. It also keeps the car at "ride hight" so I can set the rear end angle, driveshaft, steering etc.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]