Register now to get rid of these ads!

Collin Casey RIP.. :(

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Throttle_Junkie, Feb 18, 2010.

1. Crease

Crease

Reminds me of the first HC100 Friday night, you, Casey and the Barons. That was fun!

2. sliderule67

sliderule67
    from Houston

I didn't know the man, but I've been down this road. When we lose someone that's "larger than life" it diminishes us and makes us realize just how vulnerable we really are. Those feelings linger a very long time. My condolences to family and friends.....slide

3. Freeland

Freeland

never met in person, but have seen the car around... had lunch with some that did know him today and had a toast in his honour... cheers, and regards...

4. Big Dad

Big Dad

Shit , I have been gone for a couple weeks and return to read this ?

I had never met him but, some time ago he was ill and needed a hand up and I along with many others gladly sent some good wishes to him .

He sent me a very kind PM and added me to his friend list to show his gratitude and the offer to return to favor if ever needed .

I met him last summer a Propwash for the first time, I knew who he was from the posts he made but, he did not know me ..

He was Bs'N and I just let him ramble on ..He was busy being Casey and I did not want to bother him ..

He looked at and read my shirt with my logo on it and .. then came over and asked kinda sheepishly if I was who he thought I was ..

He shook my hand , thanked me again for being his friend .

I'm happy that I had that chance to meet him ..

He will live on in our memories .

Prayers to his family and friends

5. 55FourDoor

55FourDoor

This is horrible news. I got the pleasure of meeting him a couple of years ago at Goodguys. He had lots of good stories. And yes, the story about losing the axle on the way there and not spilling the beer was one of them. I was really looking forward to getting to hang out with him again sometime in the future. Rest in peace Casey.

6. My condolences to his family and friends. I only met him once and I liked him immediately and it seemed mutual. It was at one of the Hill Country Street Rods Nostalgia meets at Lil' River. I was checking his car out because I kept seeing it on the track all day and I liked it. No matter what class or group of cars was making a pass he always seemed to be among them. No one made him get out of line, they just let him run and he always had a big smile on his face and was winding that old flathead out. It didn't seem to matter if he was getting his ass whipped or not. Even from a distance you could tell that he was having a great time and loved what he was doing. I knew that he'd be a character after what I'd seen of him and his car but you never know what that means. I had my head in the window of his coupe when he walked up and introduced himself and the handshake, smile and look in his eye told me he was a happy and sincere guy. It turned out that he was also a good story teller and we had a good talk for about a half hour. Lil' River just won't be the same without him and his coupe. Just a damn shame, RIP

7. el spanky72

el spanky72
    from ATX

you will be missed man...

8. Honey

Honey

We are shocked, what a nice guy, RIP.
    [​IMG]

9. BELLM

BELLM

Crease, that was a fun night!

10. Dzus

Dzus

First off, my condolences to Casey's family and friends.

I first met him when he moved into that place just north of the Springhill on 620. I stopped in to admire his deuce, and that fairlane convert.

Last time I saw him was at the Day of the Drags. I don't think he remembered me, but that's OK. Everybody knew who he was.

Anyway, 43 is way too d@mn young. The only consolation is that he lived more in those 43 years than most people would in 143.

PS. Does anybody know WTF was the cause of death?

11. Honey

Honey

Scotty here... I pulled a couple more out.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. GonzoSS

GonzoSS

I'm just in awe on his passing. I first met him at Texas Thaw last year and not seeing him is going to be a bummer...My prayers are with his friends and family :(

[​IMG]

13. Junior Stock

Junior Stock

In the 4 short years that I have known Collin, I came to think of him more as a brother than a friend.
    I can't add anything more to how he felt about hot rods, racing and life than has already been said here, but he told me once that he thought of the HAMB as his family.
    I'm gonna miss you Casey,but I'll never forget you.

Attached Files:

14. fenderless

fenderless
    from Norway

RIP. Casey, sorry that we didn`t meet in Austin this summer:(

Kjell

15. seatex

seatex

Bumpin' it for Colin!

16. Garry Carter

Garry Carter

Can't add much to what's already been said. Seems I always saw Casey wherever I went and expected it would pretty much continue to be that way. Saw him last October in Boerne -- he was passing out business cards and tryin' to drum up a little business, but when he spotted me he told Kelli, "Don't give him one ... he builds his own stuff." he had a laugh and a cool one together. He promised me he was really, really gonna get that louver punch working again.

Hard to imagine he's gone. But it wouldn't be right if I didn't acknowledge his passing with a post here. Adios bro ... you touched a lot of lives and we're all the better for it.
    Garry

17. hotrod13

hotrod13
    from Austin, TX

I didn't know Collin well... but like so many others here, he made a lasting impression on me. Collin was one of the first guys to welcome Sherry and I into the Austin hot rod community, while kickin' back with some cold ones at a Mercury Charlie's shop party. He made me feel like we were buds during this first meeting... as I'm sure he has done with so many others. Our thoughts go out to his family and friends... RIP Collin.

18. strawberry

strawberry

is it o.k. to print this picture for my garage wall..would anyone mind, thanks

19. 117harv

117harv

I never met Casey, but after reading all the posts here i feel i have. I have lost some friends over the years and you never seem to realize how many lives they have touched, or made a differance in untill they are gone.

Looking at all the pics, and reading the posts brings a smile to my face and makes me sad at the same time, as there won't be any more, but all his friends have memories that can never be taken away.

Make the most of the time you have here, befriend as many people as you can and help others when they need it, it sounds like thats the way Casey lived...R.I.P.

20. ManiacT

ManiacT

We are glad to have met and watched him race. He will be remembered.[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 20, 2010
  21. ManiacT

ManiacT

22. duce gurl

duce gurl
    from Keller

Hey guys the coupe is gonna be at B & E tonight. Please come out and let's celebrate Collin!

23. Firedome

Firedome
    from Austin, TX
    1. THE YAY-HOOS

24. scottybaccus

scottybaccus

You see so much if you look at this shot long enough. The world is a little less interesting now...

[​IMG]

25. Truly sad news.

A cool guy and one of my favorite coupes.

Godspeed Colin.

26. GasserDave

GasserDave
    from Sin City

27. Big Tony

Big Tony

We were sitting at the Auorama tonite and we were cutting up, laughing our butts off and just having a really good time, THEN... I would think Collin would be digging this and making me laugh til my gut split....

28. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

what else can be said, especially from someone who didn't even know him. seems like he was a super cool dude. sorry for the loss... and that i never had the pleasure to meet him.

29. I can't believe this..!

Crazy Casey Always made me smile...!

God Speed buddy....!

Are his folks in Los Angeles?

Last edited: Feb 22, 2010