Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Can't afford a 32 3 window, make one.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Hot Turkey, Jan 11, 2009.

1. ruckusryan

ruckusryan
    from Canada

Wicked job!!! Looks Killa!!

2. PoPo

PoPo

THATS AWESOME. now would be a good time to sweep the floor for that pretty car to park on when it gets back!!!! GOD it's beautiful.

3. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

So damn cool.

4. Hot Turkey

Hot Turkey

Got the insert for the lake pipes welded up and shipped it all to get coated. Only 8 days til I go to the show. I stopped by to see the coupe today, the trunk and headliner are done. It looks so good, I want to drive her so bad!

5. Jeezus, you remind me of a chick back in high school, she'd raise her skirt up just above the knee and smile then run off. You are such a tease, I want pictures. No more outta you until you have something to show. :eek::D:)

kiwijeff likes this.
  6. The Mandrill

The Mandrill
    from Tulsa

Have loved every pic and word on this build but.... those BLUE! plug wires are weirding me out man. Your attention to detail has been so unreal and I was caught off guard with the color choice. Really figured we would see white Taylors on there. Your fab skills are soooo sick, keep up this awesome thread!

7. Stevie Nash

Stevie Nash

Didn't even notice! Keep postin' pics, can't wait!!!!

8. This has been an absolute pleasure to read, and re-read...

Such a great guide to making a unique coupe.

9. Hot Turkey

Hot Turkey

Sorry about the wires, I know it drives me nutts to. Got them two years ago when I build the 302, need new ones just no time left! I met with the glass guy this morning so the windshield will be done tomorrow. Looks like I will have to make the 300 mile drive to pick up the pipes to make it on time........

10. DirtyWoody28

DirtyWoody28

It looks GREAT!!!!! I have been following this thread for a while and I am probably just at stoked to see it done as you are man!!! Nice work

11. Jim Sideways

Jim Sideways
    from Ohio

Wow!! Sounds awsome man... Looks like you are in the backstretch on the last lap. This has to be the best part of the build seeing it together and hearing it run. Great work. Can't wait to see video of you doing a big Holeshot in front of the house ;)

12. Hot Turkey

Hot Turkey

I couldn't stand it, I had to go see the coupe today. I think she misses me!

13. Yeah and let me guess, no pictures. Damn David, maybe just a sneak peek!!!!!!! Please.:D:D:)

Last edited: Feb 20, 2010
  14. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

I fucking love this car!!! You did (still doing) a awesome job!!!

But since I can never let anything be I am going to say this. That car's rolling attire is not cutting for me. I mean, the car is just so spot on everywhere but the wheels are the wrong width and just sticking out from the rest of the build.

16 x 4 Black steelies with 6.00 or 5.50'sup front and 7.50's out back. The extra height and the skinny width will make the car look even better if that's possible.

If you do stick with the 15" they need to be a bit skinnier up front and perhaps the tire need to be wider or something out back.

Sorry, I had to get it out and I hate that I said it already. I would give my arm for that car!!!

15. FLbones

FLbones

Looks real nice , great work for such a short deadline. Lots of blood , sweat , and cheers in that one. See you at the show.

16. WhiteDevil

WhiteDevil
    from Wichita KS

Man its all coming together...its been an honor to watch this thread unfold!!!

17. Jimmy Tee

Jimmy Tee

One week till Billetproof...... Will you make it???

18. Hot Turkey

Hot Turkey

Still too close to tell, I have work planned everyday. Some things just wont get done, I still need to work the bugs out also. The big thing will be getting the upholstery done in time, that's out of my sore, cut, burnt and bruised hands. I just don't know. It will kill me if I don't make it!

19. pvcerod

pvcerod
    from Australia

20. Is that supposed to be funny?

21. Ian Berky

Ian Berky

This build is insane!! I had NEVER seen this thread before and i can't believe i missed it. AMAZING!!! You definitely didn't cut corners man. Beautiful and mind blovving!!! I don't even knovv vvhat else to say....I'm speechless!!

22. klazurfer

klazurfer

I quote : " I don't like glass but can't afford the real thing or a 25k brookville. So I'm going to try to build one .. "

Man , you are unreal :)

Most Excellent work ! Home Run +++++ !!

Klaz

23. LunaticFord

LunaticFord

Sir, I salute you.

24. olskl_dave

olskl_dave

HOLY CRAPPIN' , HOT TURKEY.... What a build. I found it last nite, it's now morning over here, I've been up all nite readin' it. Congratulations on a Top Rod.
    I've also got a glass coupe i'm building old school and steel bodies are even harder to find Down Under(Australia). I can't wait to see your trim.
    Here's a pic of my cowl vent and "fake" roof insert, i've also got exposed hindges
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 20, 2010
  25. 3spd

3spd

You are one hell of a craftsman, only thing I can think of is adding a blower. Ya know... to fill up that extra space below the top of the cowl, for asthetics right?

[​IMG]

Keep it up, you are inspiration to me and many others! Good Luck!

Ryland

26. MIKE-3137

MIKE-3137

Don't know how I missed a thread this big, but what a great looking 3W, and great work putting it together!

27. haroldd1963

haroldd1963
    from Peru, IL

Wowwww!!!!!!!!!! I just found this thread today...thank god I'm not bust at work....got to read the whole thing!

I can only imagine how you must feel...under the gun to finish on time.

Your car is absolutely stunning!

I Love the fact that you chose to polish each part than paint them, instead of chroming everything.

28. bobkatrods

bobkatrods
    from aledo tx

looks great, how did you do the fake insert??

29. Hot Turkey

Hot Turkey

I drove 240 miles to pick up my lake pipes from J & D performance coatings and they turned out great. I took them over the the upholstery shop and put them on.
    [​IMG]

The upholstery is close to being finished. I hope to get her home by Thursday so I can fix some small damage. I plan to drive to the show on Friday, talk about cutting it close. I still have a list to get done and will be back at it in the morning.
    I had to dump two loads of dirt in front of the shop so the bottom of the coupe would not drag. Shelby loved the dirt!
    [​IMG]

30. well GREAT now i wont be able to sleep until you update us with interior photos. Mother Frogger....