Register now to get rid of these ads!

1932 Traditional Style Chassis Frame Building Class- Washington

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by psycho666, Jan 27, 2010.

1. uncle buck

uncle buck

with cell phones everywhere now you should be able to pick up a couple of old phone booths and glue em together with some of that neat autobody structural adhesiive and glue em on.

2. This sonds like a great course ! Count us gold chainers in ! ! !
    Steve ! Looking forward to seeing you ! Maybe you can play some air guitar for us ! Pete....sorry you won't be there :(

3. Wood frames are more traditional than metal!!
    At least thats how they started out until all you modern guys decided steel was better!!

4. Hotrod1932

Hotrod1932
    from Oregon

So where is Lynnwood Washington?

5. Just follow the big hair girls! They all hang out in Lynnwood!
    Its north of Seattle about 15 miles.

6. wtf happened to this thread?

7. bloodyjack

bloodyjack

so are air bags and tractor grills

8. 39FordCoupe

39FordCoupe

Wish I could be there at the frame building class too. Maybe, we'll see.

For the record.
    The Gene Winfield class put on by Frank and Ken (Langley, B.C.)was the bomb. I had a great time and learned a ton!!!
    Not to mention, they threw in an extra day with Gene Winfield doing a custom paint job!
    My only regret was, that I had to leave after 15 hours of watching Gene spray this wild paint. I couldn't get enough.
    I've never met a more talented and gracious person as Gene Winfield. Great hosts (Ken, his wife and Frank). Wonderful people!

On the slam about Ken being rich. This guy has been working his ass off since he was a teenager, building his automotive related buisness. Hard work got him there. Not bitchin' and complaining. Couldn't happen to a nicer guy. He deserves it.

Steve.

9. Ditto!! It was one part of my life that I will chaulk up to one of the best 5 days I have spent alive. All great people!

10. Bloodyjack pretty much just bitches and complains, thats part of his makeup. :O :rolleyes:

11. bloodyjack

bloodyjack

Ok I concede i was only trying to defend the guys putting on this reasonable priced event this weekend, and even though Ken has a 8000 sq ft shop and a hotrod builder on his payrole he is not a GOLDCHAINER and here is the proof NO GOLD CHAIN!

[​IMG]

12. One of his many 392 Hemi's. Ken really does know his engines and seems very fair with selling parts. Thats an awsome picture!!

13. But you also put down a guy that brought Gene up from California and had 25+ stangers stay in his incredible shop and check out all his projects and use his tools and feed everyone all for free and you also put down Gene Winfield who is a legend for charging to show some of his skills for a very reasonable rate. If you look at the history of what Gene has accomplished and is still doing, his workshop is a bargain!
    Just as the workshop Mark is putting on is a bargain.
    I'm just paying the $20 to have some Pizza and a soda and spend time with fellow hotrodders, the rest is bonus!!

14. bloodyjack

bloodyjack

"thats great we could sell that for $69.99"
    (you had to be there for that referance)
    I am done on this subject

15. OldSub

OldSub
    Member Emeritus

I'm looking forward to meeting some of you tomorrow.

I doubt very much the shop putting this together will make any money out of the class and I'm just happy they are willing to do it and want to say thank you now in case I don't get a chance tomorrow.

16. me too. can't wait.

17. moses

moses

bttt what the f#%$& happened this thread !!!! jeffrery

18. cruzin51

cruzin51
    from vancouver

Just for the record, I consider Frank, Brenda and Ken great friends of mine and I am at their shop multiple times a week working on my car. ( The shoebox that was worked on at the course.) I can tell you that not a penny was made at that course and in fact it COST money to hold the course. We built machinery, drove all over looking for goofy supplies that Gene asked for and the food was entirely supplied and prepared by Ken and Brenda. These are genuine, generous, fun people. Even if Frank can't play the air guitar! We will tell Gene that next time he only gets 20 bucks a head!

19. Pete said he was done talking about the Winfield topic. Leave this thread to the people interested in the frame building class.

20. moses

moses

amen...

21. My dad will be their early, if you see a grey beard wandering around the parking lot lost drag his ass inside and remind him he has a shitload to do on his 33 truck in May and the chassis is first on the list.

22. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Well this greybeard didn't make it. I started out at around six and got about 50 miles when I saw smoke rolling out behind my o/t truck and discovered that it had developed an oil leak that made the decision to turn around and cruise home at a quiet pace prudent. Now I need to go attend to the oil leak so I can drive the thing to work next week.

23. I just got back from this. Let me say, it was amazing! Best $20 bucks ever spent. Mark Has truly got the old ford rust in his veins. His roadster is amazing, truly perfect......I could go on, But won't. You just need to see it.

Having just met Mark he seems like a really cool guy with a true passion and understanding of the hobby/sport/whatever you call it. I hope I get to know him better and can have the opportunity to learn from him again sometime.

I wish I could have stayed and chatted with everyone, I talked with a few hambers there, and it was really fun to hang with some guys, girls, and awesome puppies that"get it".....anyways my buddy had to leave and I was his ride.....sucks. I learned so much. I finely feel like I can start making informed purchases.

thanks everyone

Matt

24. Antny

Antny
    BANNED
    from Noo Yawk

Anyone have pictures of a chassis build, soup to nuts? I like pictures!

25. HEY GREG...THANK YOU FOR HOSTING THE WORKSHOP ! VERY WELL DONE.
    MARK, GREAT INFORMATION ON CHASSIS BUILDING. YOU KNOW
    YOUR STUFF. MET SOME NEW FACES AND STEVE IT WAS GOOD TO SEE YOU AGAIN ! BEST $20. I EVER SPENT.REGARDS FRANKIE www.toptenhotrodsandcustoms.com

26. I have pictures but it will cost everyone as I need to get paid for being the funny guy!
    Actually, give me a bit as I need to get some stuff done but they will be posted tonight. Thanks Trevor for driving me in your truck, it was awsome! Thanks Mark again for spreading your knowledge to us sponges! Thanks Magic for putting up the space to have it in and another thanks for Lorren(SP) AKA Psycho666 for setting up all the T-shirts,setting up the food table with Donuts and Pizza. There were about 47 people that showed up for this very informative class. Thanks again! And it was good to see the Canadians that were at the Gene Winfield metalshop!
    I'm stoked right now to get working on my Hemi powered Rabid Whippet .

27. OK, here they are!!!Starting with a few of the cars that showed up on this beautiful day. It was 35 degrees when I met up with Trevor and Johnny A. I rode with trevor and his truck was actually very comfortable and wasn't too cold. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

28. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

What Mark talked about was the suspension, ackerman principal, tube/i beam set up, using 1932 rear spring pros-cons, front spindles braking principals and all things in between. It was quite alot of info squeezed into a 4 hour class. After the class Mark opened it up to a question and answer seminar as there are so many different aspects to building a traditional hotrod. Thanks again Mark and Streetrod visions!!!!!

29. cool gathering! did anyone think to film it?