Register now to get rid of these ads!

History of the Lone Wolf

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Krash, Feb 18, 2010.

1. Does anyone know the history of the Lone Wolf car club plaque? When and where did it start? Was it popular back in the day? Did guys wear Lone Wolf jackets too? I've always thought the Lone Wolf club plaques were way cool. Just curious about their history.

2. I think the Lone Wolf was an Honest Charley selection in the old catalog. It was in the catalog as far back as I can remember.

3. Zerk

Zerk

J.C. Whitney carried the Lone Wolf on a couple of items as well.

I don't know anything about how it began...was there an original "Lone Wolf"?

4. That would be my guess as well. I remember seeing them in his catalog and in magazine ads as far back as the late fifties. Another favorite of mine was a plaque with the rear of a '59 Chevy that said, NOW...eat my dust.:)

5. Crankhole

Crankhole

Lenny from Laverne and Shirley was the first. :0)

6. firingorder1

firingorder1

J.C. Whitney, HRM, January 1960. Plaque $2.98. Throw in an extra $6.95 and you can have a "No Club Lone Wolf" jacket as well!! How cool would that be?

[​IMG][/IMG]

7. junk yard kid

junk yard kid

when i searched on wikipedia there was a movie made in 1924 called the lone wolf. I think it has been around for quite a while

8. lone wolf

lone wolf

i still got my coat and plaque.
    don,t know gor sure, but i think a lone wolf is a wolf that,s lost its mate.

9. 61TBird

61TBird

Pics or Ban.....:D

10. lone wolf

lone wolf

here,s jacket, plaque packed away.

Attached Files:

11. I have a 59 J. C. Whitney catalog that also shows the plaque for 2.98.

I've also seen a plaque that has three aces (hearts, spades, and diamonds) and says "NO CLUB" across the bottom.

12. 61 chevy

61 chevy

i think a lone wolf is a inpendent car guy that does things on his own, no club, but will help others when the time comes, thats my 2 cents

13. 61TBird

61TBird

Thank You!!
    I've seen the plaques,but never the jacket.

That is VERY Cool!!

14. Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 18, 2010
  15. aceuh

aceuh

So many guys run the "Lone Wolf" plaque that....doesn't that make them in their own club?

16. Well, If they could all get together in one place they wouldn't be so lonely anymore would they?

17. I was under the understanding that O'brien truckers came up with the idea/design and has been producing them for sale for decades now...

Dennis, and I right?

18. Lone means alone or a loner not lonesome!
    Bill.

19. R1FIGHTER

R1FIGHTER

Hello,

How about that ride in? I guess that’s why they call it Sin City (hahaha)

You guys may not know this, but I consider myself…a bit of a loner. I tend to think of myself as a one man wolf pack. But when my sister brought Doug home, I knew he was one of my own. And my wolf pack, it grew by one. So were two…so there was two of us in the pack. I…I was alone first in the pack, and then Doug joined in later.

And 6 months ago, when Doug introduced me to you guys. I thought…wait a second, could it be. And now I know for sure, I just added 2 more guys to my wolf pack. 4 of us wolves running around the desert together, in Las Vegas looking for strippers and cocaine. So tonight, we make a toast!

20. MUNCIE

MUNCIE
    from Houston

:D

Awesome jacket lone wolf and cooter beat me to it with the comment about Lenny.Although I specifically remember his jacket was a satin red with black and gold stripped trim.:D:cool:
    [​IMG]

21. The37Kid

The37Kid

I'm sure there is a WWII Nose Art connection.

22. UA_HoBo

UA_HoBo
    from Oswego NY

I have always Known a "LONE Wolf" to be an independant with no affiliation to any club yet general accept in our society due to their abilty to fit in with others that carry a patch.

23. The No Club Lone Wolf plaque was made by Speed Gems back in the 50-60's and sold through mail order houses like JC Whitney.

I've only been casting them since 1977. Since then I have added NCLW bronze rectangular belt buckles, aluminum lake pipe shaped belt buckles, Toppers, lake pipe caps, key chains, T-shirts, satin jackets, miniature (2" x 3") plaques, etc.

Dennis

24. Lil' Billy

Lil' Billy
    from Georgia

God that movie was complete crap!

25. gassedbaker

gassedbaker

i was waiting for that!!!!! awesome movie!!!!

26. Bullet Nose

Bullet Nose

27. Bullet Nose

Bullet Nose

Then there's also this one ....

[​IMG]

28. Bullet Nose

Bullet Nose

and this Lone Wolf gives up his territory, Northern Nevada .....

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 21, 2010