Register now to get rid of these ads!

1932 Traditional Style Chassis Frame Building Class- Washington

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by psycho666, Jan 27, 2010.

1. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That sounds well worth the 20 bucks and a road trip over the pass.

2. moses

moses

no passing me notes in class steve...jeffrey

3. Antny

Antny
    BANNED
    from Noo Yawk

Damn, I'm on the wrong coast. Anyone know of a similar thang going on in the East coast? I need to learn this stuff!

4. I can't wait. I just got my 31 A coupe. I have so many questions!

5. magic martin

magic martin

ANTNY ,the east coast is just a coast away, if ya start now you could be here by saturday,,,we'll keep a few pieces of pizzas on the barbbbbeeee for ya ... IS THERE ANY QUESTIONS THAT YOU WOULD LIKE ADDRESSED AT THE CLASS,,,SO WE CAN BRING THE PARTS FOR THAT DISPLAY FOR EXPLANATIONS?

6. Dirty Dug

Dirty Dug

Who are you? No introduction I've ever seen in four posts. JUST SPAM!!! Have you ever built a traditional '32 Ford frame or are you just selling aftermarket parts, handing out Wescott drawings you found on the web, all in the hopes of duping some unsuspecting bloke into having you try to build it for him? Show us a picture of one frame you've built, please, just to appease an inquisitive mind....... Everything I've learned about building my own cars came FREE, partly from all the great friends I've met who love doing it themselves too....... But,we have pizza sometimes too...

Last edited: Feb 15, 2010
  7. ugotpk

ugotpk

2 from Geek Harbor

8. 343w

343w

How about firming the class and making it available to us on the otherside. I would gladly pay $20-30.00 for a DVD of the class! I'm sure you could sell many out here in HAMBLAND, put me on the PM list if you decide to do so!

9. bloodyjack

bloodyjack

ha ha ha ha That's me explaining the fine details of hotrod building to Mark!
    Shame i fly to England on Friday or i would go
    oh by the way I am the Bald fat bloke!

Last edited: Feb 17, 2010
  10. How close to "FREE" does it need to be to clear the hurdle in your wallet?

Where did you cross paths with all your great friends? In another friends shop? At a show?

IMO $20 is cheap. If my dad only gets a few of his chassis setup questions answered it should be well worth the skins and his time.

Dug - Since your not interested in the information, If I send you a $10 frozen pizza will you stay in your shop for the day?

Last edited: Feb 17, 2010
  11. bloodyjack

bloodyjack

I think "magic martin" is the owner of the shop were the class is held.
    Here is there web site. Hope they build better cars than web sites :)

http://streetrodvisions.com/

12. psycho666

psycho666
    from Wa

Dirty Dug =

(Who are you? No introduction I've ever seen in four posts. JUST SPAM!!!)
    Magic Martin owns SRV, Street Rod Visions and he's just new to the website, that's all and trying to answer some questions people had.

(Have you ever built a traditional '32 Ford frame or are you just selling aftermarket parts,)
    Yes, Mark, one of the employees at the shop, has build his own '32 frame and has been setting up for weeks for the class. he has a wealth of knowledge about '32 as well as other classic cars. he has helped build several cars over the years.

(handing out Wescott drawings you found on the web,)
    we actually called Wescott and Pete & Jake's pesonally to get permission to use their name and products for the class. P&J sent us new spec sheets specifically for the class, so we didn't just find them online.

all in the hopes of duping some unsuspecting bloke into having you try to build it for him? Show us a picture of one frame you've built, please, just to appease an inquisitive mind.......

(Everything I've learned about building my own cars came FREE, partly from all the great friends I've met who love doing it themselves too....... But,we have pizza sometimes too...)
    not everyone is that fortunate to have great friends who are knowledgeable about classic cars. this is just an opportunity for friends to come ask questions about their own projects, get a wealth of information and hopefully provide some encouragement to work on their own projects again after coming to this class.

lau

13. psycho666

psycho666
    from Wa

ya....we know about the website bloodyjack haha. it's not the best. but let me tell ya, the guys in the shop know their shit and they build top / show quality cars.

14. Dirty Dug

Dirty Dug

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!SPAM!

15. Dug - did you type that all by yourself or did you find a 4 year old girl to help you? Now that you have added NOTHING twice, crawl back under your rock.

I'd like to think this might turn into something like Bubba's is doing -

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=379833&highlight=bubbas&page=7

Maybe the guys at Amocat would throw the next one.

16. bloodyjack

bloodyjack

<link rel="File-List" href="file:///C:%5CDOCUME%7E1%5Cpeteb%5CLOCALS%7E1%5CTemp%5Cmsohtml1%5C01%5Cclip_filelist.xml"><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:punctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><style> <!-- /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </style><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> <o></o>
    I know Mark the guy running the thing and he is a wealth of knowledge and parts for that matter.
    I met him when I just started my project and he has helped me with a wealth of information on my build.
    He has also given me (yes read that) given me for free stuff for my build just because he is passionate about traditional built cars and likes what I am doing.
    <o></o>
    Free shit<o></o>
    Stewart Warner gauges
    A flywheel for my 59 flatty
    A clutch for above
    The large pulley I searched for to change the generator
    The fan with the large pulley to suit my truck pumps
    Starter motor
    Deluxe 40&#8217;s steering wheel
    Torque tube with the clamshell part
    Lots of advice
    Hours of his time
    <o></o>
    Rare shit I have done trades for<o></o>
    Bolt on rear shock mounts for 40&#8217;s rear end
    Ford Part that sets carburetor back 1.5&#8221; from a bus from the 40&#8217;s
    <o></o>
    He also lent me his 27 roadster windshield frame and gave me enough more common T frames (for free) to replicate it.

Actually the last piece of advice Mark gave me was I should have charged for the 27 roadster deck lid I just gave away for free but when you have such generosity from passionate people it tends to rubs off.
    <o></o>
    I am sure you or anyone else&#8217;s that shows up is not going to get free shit but 20 bucks a head is barely going to cover there costs and I personally guaranty that even a grouchy old skeptic like you would learn a thing or too if you had the balls to show up!
    I just took the Gene Winfield course up in Canada that was put on by some rich fuck gold chainer and the fucker charged 400 dollars a head and I know for 20 dollars this will be more informative.​

Last edited: Feb 18, 2010
  17. Pete, its too bad you didn't stay and get to know Ken and the others. Ken made his money by starting his own business that is and was used car parts and bought land and sold it. He is passionate about cars and is no more a gold chainer than you or I. He also did not charge anything for the 3 day coarse. That would be a beef with Gene Winfield that you should have a bitch with, not Ken or Frank. In all the reading of all the people that have gone to the Gene Winfield classes, you are the only one that I have ever heard or read that you did not like it. What were you expecting? They showed pretty much everything that they were suppose to in the time that was given especially when the classes were 2-3 hours longer than what you paid for. You said you didn't learn a thing so you might as well start your own classes and see if you can have people learn from you.
    Every metal class that I go to, I always learn something, even if its just experiencing good times with fellow car enthusiasts and learning what they are involved in.
    Mark had stopped by my house a while back and what I learned was that Mark was a very genuine nice guy and very helpful.
    Before he stopped by, my view of him was alot different.
    I am looking forward to this class and even if I don't use all the information that is taught. I will store it back in my mind and maybe use some of it on a different project.
    I am sure I will learn alot!
    One thing that I have learned by going to these classes is that everyone has their own unique abilities to create and design differently.
    Its like Music, its all different and the more you listen to different music, the more your style will become your own.

We'll see you guys on Saturday!!

18. uncle buck

uncle buck

Dug...............do you need a hug?

19. moses

moses

wow all the drama. see ya saterday. the weather is gonna be nice so bring your cars out boys and girls ..jeffrey

20. bloodyjack

bloodyjack

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"><meta name="ProgId" content="Word.Document"><meta name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 11"><meta name="Originator" content="Microsoft Word 11"><link rel="File-List" href="file:///C:%5CDOCUME%7E1%5Cpeteb%5CLOCALS%7E1%5CTemp%5Cmsohtml1%5C01%5Cclip_filelist.xml"><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:punctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><style> <!-- /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:.5in .25in .5in .75in; mso-header-margin:.2in; mso-footer-margin:.3in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </style><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> Steve
    You missed the point of course I learnt something but this seems better value that&#8217;s the point.
    Ken can afford a heated shop bigger than yours and my house combined he told me the shop went ($100,000 over budget) then fill it full of rare cars and employ a talented hotrod guy full time to maintain and build for him that in my book is a definition of a gold chainer regardless of how he made his money.

21. Richard Head

Richard Head

Steve, I thought you were a big time gold chainer. I know hidden somewhere, you have a big crate of billet doo dads that are bound for that whippet!;)

22. And he made his money by his passion and still does and thats cars. Just because he doesn't have the talent, doesn't mean he can't enjoy his passion. I say all the power to him. I can only dream of making money with my passion and enjoy it.
    Maybe if they held the Gene Winfield class is a 2 car garage with nothing else, you would feel it was worth it. Again, Ken didn't make a cent on having this class at his place and he spent many weeks setting it up and countless hours for free to let us enjoy using his shop with the legendary Gene Winfield!! Sorry you had such a negative experience. Its too bad that your negativity took away from see'ing Gene pull off a killer paint job on one of the members cars. There are only a handful of people that have ever witnessed Gene spraying and watching his techniques.

23. Yeah, Im not into cars and never was. I like just buying billet goodies and bolting them on if I can figure out which way you turn a bolt to tighten it. I'm thinking about ripping out the straight axle from under my Whippet and installing a Camaro subframe and still have it open wheeled. I think that will look soooooooooo cool!!!! But I really dont have a clue how to do it. Can you come over and give me some pointers?
    Thanks Dave!!

24. uncle buck

uncle buck

Righty tighty,lefty loosy, billet trashy....

[/QUOTE]

I'm thinking about ripping out the straight axle from under my Whippet and installing a Camaro subframe and still have it open wheeled. I think that will look soooooooooo cool!!!! But I really dont have a clue how to do it. Can you come over and give me some pointers?
    Thanks Dave!! [/QUOTE]

awesome plan, but I would go with an LTD clip myself on it

25. GET LUCKY?
    Maby we all get lucky and some good soul will post plenty pics of this confab. Washington is a fur piece from Okie land...

26. couverkid

couverkid

I like Doug or is it Dug!

27. I'm thinking about ripping out the straight axle from under my Whippet and installing a Camaro subframe and still have it open wheeled. I think that will look soooooooooo cool!!!! But I really dont have a clue how to do it. Can you come over and give me some pointers?
    Thanks Dave!! [/QUOTE]

awesome plan, but I would go with an LTD clip myself on it[/QUOTE]

Wow, sounds good, do you have experience? I'd love to pick your brain and learn from you. Do you think the LTD frame will fit and is there a big array of billet parts for LTDs? Also lefty loosey righty tighty doesn't seem to to change? It really doesn't matter if I use my right or left hand, my grip with both is about the same unless of coarse I use penetrating oil, then the nuts get off a little faster!!?
    Back to topic!!!!!!!

28. An LTD clip may be a too narrow. A mid 70's FWD Oldsmobile Toronado setup would be just the ticket to building a real show piece.

Make sure to get there early so you can pay the $20 for him. If you two sit together, you and Dug can both take turns heckling Mark.

30. bloodyjack

bloodyjack