Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Cool little Modified at Loo'ville

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by McKee, Aug 10, 2009.

1. Cars are awesome. Could one of those things you are talking about changing be the seat cushions. I see some foam rubber in a couple of pics. How sore were your asses after that drive?(Ask me how I know) Getting older and no cushion on the tush is a real PITA.

2. WNC

WNC
    from Western NC

REALLY admired the Mutt, at Shades of the Past. Wondered what was in it, but the hood fits tight. Excellent craftsmanship!

3. sota

sota

Curbspeed, I had a seat cushion in the car ,I'm going to change the interior material this winter. The material in the car which is a type of canvas didn't hold up very well so I going to replace it and the seat cushions as well. Your right no cushions for very long would have been a real "PITA".

4. sota

sota

Thanks WNC!

5. WNC

WNC
    from Western NC

Where did you get those mesh/rubber filters for the Webers? I need some for an EFI indiv. throttle body late model project.
    Hope you don't mind, but I got some detail shots of the safety wiring and so forth. Attention to detail. That stuff isn't apparent in the big pics. Folks on here will know the hours you put into it, and understand.

Attached Files:

6. Here are some different views from L'ville that I'll throw in.

Enjoyed talking to you and appreciate the time you took to explain the builds. The brake adjuster story was a hoot!:D

Class cars and class guys. You've raised the bar.

Attached Files:

7. bsmdeuce

bsmdeuce

They both turned out awsome!!!!!

8. sota

sota

WNC , Thanks for posting the pics. I'll have to see if I can find the name of the guy I got them from (he lives in Mich.).I have a different style I'm going to use I think next year.

9. sota

sota

Thanks HotrodA for posting the different views.Yea the brake adjuster is funny NOW,but wasn't very funny at the time!:eek:

10. sota

sota

bsmdeuce,Thanks!!Missed you and your dad at the auction last weekend!I didn't get anything(other then a few cold ones) but Chris pickup a few nice pieces.

11. 2002p51

2002p51

Might as well throw in the photos I shot of these two at Bowling Green!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

These were easily two of my favorite cars of the whole event.

12. sololobo

sololobo

Modifieds are so cool and this one is awesome. The pair are sweet together in the avatar. Atta Boys!! X-derelicht from our cowtown is closing in on a finish of a new killer modified, has had some of the build on here. Watch for it!! ~Sololobo~

13. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Might as well join the pack and say job well done! I saw some pictures of the two in one of the mags out there, but it is nice to get a closer view. I'm building one right now for my girlfriend with a 2300 that's a bit more like the Bo Jones type formula. I also made the body on mine except the cowl, which is also '27 roadster. I went without doors on mine just for the ease of building the body, but it follows the dimensions of a touring front half. I was very suprised at how easy the body was to put together. the only things I'm lacking now is time to finish it up, (customer stuff always comes first!), and enough computer skills to post pictures! Thank you for the inspiration!

14. sota

sota

Thanks soloobo for your kind words.I copy and pasted the avatar form McKEE posting I hope know that I'm thinking about it that he's OK with me ripping off his work!I'll be watching for x-derelicht post on his modified.

15. Goatboy!

Goatboy!
    from Cincinnati

Hey Gromer and Staneck,

Hi guys, its Danny Boy from the "Old GM" (AKA Staneck's technical advisor)... Those little cars turned out BAD ASS! I am amazed at how your vision of those cars changed over time, I seem to recall that your original plans were to make them on the super cheap and shoot them flat black like little rat-rods! I must say, I am amazed at how the cars ended up - Wow! Though I never got to see yours during build, Ed, I got to see Chris' car in progress a few times (might even have a pic or two of it?), the whole 56 Ford hood making up the rear of the body was a very cool way to get rid of spare parts laying around the shop! Great job, guys!

BTW, I will never stop getting a giggle out of the concept of two OTH GM engineers who make bad ass Fords as a hobby...

16. sota

sota

[​IMG]

Both Chris and I were so surprised to find out at the GNRS that both of our cars were on the cover of this months Street Rodder.It is an honor to be on the cover with by good friend !

17. wkends

wkends
    from Kentucky

Great looking cover shot.. Congratulation

18. sota

sota

Thank you Wkends!!!

19. 32csr

32csr
    from cincinnati

Ed, congrats on the feature! Just heard about it last night. Tell Chris the same! Killer.....

-Matt

20. slobroy

slobroy

When I first saw the pictures of those two cars I said wait a minute, I got up from the puter went to my library (bathroom), sure'nuff same cars. All I gotta say is nice rides. I can't tell which one I like best. The detail on those cars are off the chart. Good job and congratulations to both of you. I was at Louisville and Bowling Green and didn't see them at either one. Again Congrads.
    Slobroy

21. sota

sota

Matt, Thank you!!

22. "A" Tub

"A" Tub

Congrats Boys! More Ohio cars in the press. Damn, now you guys aren't going to hang with us.

23. sota

sota

Thank you slobroy.Sorry we missed you at Louisville and Bowling Green.

24. vert1940

vert1940

walking thru kroger on friday...saw that cover on the news stand...told a perfect stranger..."hey, i know those guys!!". what ticks me off is i have not yet got mine thru the mail yet,and they're already on kroger's shelf?? wtf?

very cool,ed and chris....ed's should have been in front!!

25. sota

sota

[QUOTE="A" Tub;4911486]Congrats Boys! More Ohio cars in the press. Damn, now you guys aren't going to hang with us.[/QUOTE]

Thanks!!

If we hung out with you guys after a person whom I shall not name embrassed us all with the tub with the spreader bar issue which got national attention,then I see no reason why we would stop hanging out with you guys!!!:rolleyes:

26. Garry Carter

Garry Carter

Check coverage of both these killer modified's in the latest issue of "Street Rodder" -- both a cover shot and a feature article. I'm so pumped after seeing them, I'm blowing my own modified apart and gonna rebuild it in shameless imitation of some of the great stuff I see on these two.

27. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

The pins are so killer.

28. sota

sota

Thank you, Yeah it's BS that the mags come out at retail stores before we get them...I'm surprised you found one at KROGER'S as I thought that bought them all !!!!!

You know that it's proper to let the old folks to go in front!:eek:

Last edited: Feb 15, 2010
  29. sota

sota

Thanks Garry!!!

Nothing shameless in imitation.We all copy some pits and pieces from past builds. I know on the Mutt Special I copied other modifies,current and past builds.I'm currently re-doing the Mutt with things that I didn't like on the first go round [more copying :rolleyes: !!!].

30. gotmark73

gotmark73

I got home from Indy Motoroma and explaining to my dad and brother about these two bad ass lakes style cars in Ohio and as I walk through the door my wife says "you got a magazine I bet you will love in the mail" I turn around and walk out without even saying hi to her to go show dad and bro "the cars". Both articles are great and both make it very clear that these were built not bought. Congrats guys on the cover and the great coverage.