Register now to get rid of these ads!

60s Vans making come back?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by low budget, Sep 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. barney rubble

barney rubble

I got my eye on a 8 door 69 Dodge that is going to sell soon. Hope to add it to the family. My 12 year old grandaughter already says we need to make it into a "Hippie" van inside. She says it will need a black light.:)

2. Fu-Manchu

Fu-Manchu
    from az

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

It's getting a repaint, plus I got fender flares etc. to make...

3. 4406

from Oklahoma

Thats way cool i would leave the paint

4. Sorry, man, I lost track of this thread. I got the gullwing from a friend who's had it in a shed for years, brand new. It's a J&J. I had a different one on it until I found this one, they're certainly well made. Frank Irvine in Canada makes the gas lifts in stainless, show quality, and super cheap.

Lots of stuff for the older vans is available, the folks at vannin.com could help find just about anything. Maybe you should think about building another one. ;)

5. mothradeath

mothradeath

[​IMG]
    damn....i love this soooo much. those mirrors are kinda killing all that hard work in my opinon. that thing needs some little peep mirrors. great job on this!

6. Limey Steve

Limey Steve
    Alliance Vendor
    from Whittier

mine started as a $500 black primer beast 4 weeks later we have a gold nugget awaiting some details . I also have American Racing 200 s wheels to make a change , 350/350 combo & SS wheels were on . No rust but some dents to dress [​IMG]out.[​IMG]

7. 4406

from Oklahoma

FU-MANCHU did you drop the van or did you buy it that way ? How many inches down did you go?

8. Sphynx

Sphynx
    from Central Fl

Its easier to ask forgiveness than to ask permission !!!:D

9. 57FORDF100

57FORDF100
    from bell

one of the guys in my club has a 62 econoline dumped all around with that little straight six motor looks great gotta love the shagin wagon

10. Tinman

Tinman
    from Orange, CA

Oh, he sure as shit didn't buy it that way... post up the photos from when you got it FU! :D

11. fmc56

fmc56
    from RI

Here's the engine in the Mr. Van van.
    Fred

Attached Files:

12. fmc56

fmc56
    from RI

Here's some old photos from 1976 Bowling Green Van Nationals and a few custom vans from RI in the mid 70's. The white 73 Dodge van was pinstriped by Davey Jones.
    Fred

Attached Files:

13. fmc56

fmc56
    from RI

Here's my 63 Econoline from the 70's.
    Fred

Attached Files:

14. Fu-Manchu

Fu-Manchu
    from az

[​IMG]
    :D:D:D

[​IMG]

15. Shaggin Wagon

Shaggin Wagon
    from Dallas, TX

I dont know if I posted this in this thread already, but here's the latest one, been sitting for the winter. Pretty cool IMO.

Attached Files:

16. So I guess the correct answer to the thread title is a resounding YES!

17. Dodge Dude

Dodge Dude

my new project: 68 A108

Attached Files:

18. Kevin LL

Kevin LL
    from Plainfield

Just finished this whole thread. lol, love it.

Its not a comeback, the're back!

Ive posted this on here before, but figured it needed to be in this thread also. My '63 Corvan (not a greenbrier)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. 73super

73super

HEY!!!! THAT'S MY LINE! I use this one all the time!

20. jakedmoe

jakedmoe
    from California

i got an old econoline for sale no front axle..lol $1000

21. FordMaverickFanatic

FordMaverickFanatic
    from Taylor, MI

[​IMG]

I know it's old but that's too cool, I love the galaxie front and that mural reminds me of Molly Hatchet's album art.

22. Fu-Manchu

Fu-Manchu
    from az

23. I'm having ALMOST as much fun reading this thread as I did the "dryer sheet" thread!!! (Actually, I'm wearing that exact pair of Vans right now!!!)

I PROMISE that I'll post some photos soon of the Dodge van that RUSTMONKEY and I did up about four years ago. Don't believe the skeptics! You CAN make a Dodge van with a stone stock 360 do a wheelie! (There are STILL a few marks in the driveway from the trailer hitch! :D ) It just takes a little thinking "outside of the box". See kids? It IS worth it to pay attention in physics class!!!

24. RodStRace

RodStRace

Talk to me. I'm putting together an A-100 with a slightly bumped 360. I want some air! :D
    I hope it's a bigger lever (steep gears), not a lead-filled tube rear bumper!

25. Rust Monkey

Rust Monkey

RodStRace, You have no idea how close your guess with the "Lead-filled rear bumper" is to the truth. Had we had a tube bumper and that much lead, it would've been on that van too!!!

26. RodStRace

RodStRace

I know the PUs had a 175 # weight (E's too), but not the vans. Am I getting even closer?

Attached Files:

27. REALLY close!!!! (I didn't know that they put counterweights on pickups! Cool!)

I'm writing the story in WORD offline and PROMISE that I will post the photos and "The Definitive Guide to Making Your Van Do Wheelies" on Wednesday!

BONUS: If I get time tonight, and the stars and moon align just like they should for an airbrushed mural on the side of a van, I'll post a video on YouTube also!

28. Man, this van rocks! I realy love the pant. Do you plan to stick with the same style paint after the flares are done? What ever you do, im sure it will kick ass.

29. Love it! I always wanted to do up one of these or its Greenbrier siblings, but never got around to doing so (that'll teach me for building rides for other people, way back when!).

I've always dug the styling of the 'Vair vans. Nice early '60s kitsch. What are you running in your Corvan?

30. Fu-Manchu

Fu-Manchu
    from az

Similar Paint, just a bit tighter. Might even go with pearl white with gold inlays. Thanks!

Here's a link to the build thread.
    http://www.losboulevardos.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=6842&start=0

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.